Kris Commons.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a question. I was wondering whether or not the red side of the Trent had heard anything pertaining to this?

Whether you agree or not Harb, we have way too many players in our squad already, especially strikers. Where, exactly, Fryatt fits in at the moment is up for debate. He has ability, but has scored less than MDV.

By my reckoning we have 5 strikers for 2 positions,Howard,Hayles,Campbell,Hume and Fryatt,im not counting Elvis as hes injured and will be on his way.About the right number imo get rid of one and we get an injury or suspension and all of a sudden were short of forwards.May be controversial but I would rather see Hume go than Fryatt because I believe given the service Fryatt will always score more goals

By my reckoning we have 5 strikers for 2 positions,Howard,Hayles,Campbell,Hume and Fryatt,im not counting Elvis as hes injured and will be on his way.About the right number imo get rid of one and we get an injury or suspension and all of a sudden were short of forwards.May be controversial but I would rather see Hume go than Fryatt because I believe given the service Fryatt will always score more goals

I'm sorry to have to say i think Fryatt has had enough opportunities to prove himself for me he was full of promise at the start but he clearly isn't good enough IMO where has Hume has been out of position for most of the season BUT has still managed to fine the net more than Fryatt has.

Sappleton, Chambers, Roonkee, Odihambo....

Then why were you suggesting that we get rid of them all yesterday?

Then why were you suggesting that we get rid of them all yesterday?

where did I suggest getting rid of all of them yesterday,tried to make what i thought was a valid point but if grammar is my weak point reading must be yours

Alex you forgot to name the under 11s.If this 4 were to be included in our first team squad the first to moan would be erm you

Well, perhaps, but only because I feel it a tad too early for them.

I'm a little confused at your point really, I like Fryatt but right now I think perhaps I would prefer Commons. That's it, in a nutshell. I think Fryatt has talent, but I have watched him play a lot recently and actually I'm not convinced he will bag 20+ goals at this level regardless of the service. I would probably play Howard, DJ, and Hume ahead of him right now, but I can't think of more than Zsolt to play ahead of Commons, therefore I would probably make the sacrifice.....

This is all, of course, pure conjecture!

Last edited:
where did I suggest getting rid of all of them yesterday,

Here:

Harbfox Yesterday said:
Good idea Alex and while were at it lets give them Howard and Clemence and Oakley,in fact lets give them all our technically best players for one who according to forest supporters is lucky to hold down a regular place in there side on some of his displays.Almost genius

Says in todays People that Forest will sell Commons if they get Barry Robson for 850K,i'd much rather we matched their offer for Robson rather than buy Commons

Says in todays People that Forest will sell Commons if they get Barry Robson for 850K,i'd much rather we matched their offer for Robson rather than buy Commons

i'd rather not take either player, but given the choice i'd gamble on commons

If Robson can be had for 850k then IMO it would be a bargain!

He seems to get on the score sheet often enough and has been linked to a lot of other teams, never seen him play but only heard good things about him. I'm sure you hear a lot more about him up there though h, is he an attacking midfielder or is he winger?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I have no idea who Barry Robson is and nobody i know has ever offered an opinion on him. Does this mean I'm not a football fan?

Is he any good? (not trite this time, I actually do not know). Is he any better/worse than Commons?

I think Kaebi was linked with loads of teams and was on the world's best young players list but he never quite made the grade. Any clues as to why you think that this Robson fella will, HF, M17TT C?

I'm sorry, I have no idea who Barry Robson is and nobody i know has ever offered an opinion on him. Does this mean I'm not a football fan?

Is he any good? (not trite this time, I actually do not know). Is he any better/worse than Commons?

I think Kaebi was linked with loads of teams and was on the world's best young players list but he never quite made the grade. Any clues as to why you think that this Robson fella will, HF, M17TT C?

Barry Robson plays for Dundee United,he'a an attacking midfielder.I've seen him plat a few times and each time I was impressed but I expect people to say ''its only the SPL'' and they may have a point but I'd still like to see him here...however it won't happen.he's 2nd Top Scorer in the SPL as well

Last edited:
Sounds like one to watch, but with Milan's millions I would hope that we could tempt someone with more pedigree. Commons maybe? :)

or Rivaldo? :)

Not both though, they're too similar.

Sounds like one to watch, but with Milan's millions I would hope that we could tempt someone with more pedigree. Commons maybe? :)

or Rivaldo? :)

Not both though, they're too similar.

I don't know about one to watch,he's 29

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687