L1 yesterday, Levein out etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

I've been reading a few threads on here and thought i would post for the first time in a long while.

I was disugusted yesterday in the fact that so many of our so called fans managed chant levein out every 5 or so minutes for the entire game even after our equaliser!! The main culprit for starting this off was some weirdo who looked like Sloff from the goonies clearly isw retarted!!

I haven't got an issue with chanting this and agree but it has it's time and place and that aint when were 1-1 pushing for a second goal or at any time during the game. There is ample oportunity to do it before or afterwards this isn't my main issue though.

What amazes me is that all of these fans can shout levein out as loud as they can being negative about the club but when it comes to being positive and encouraging the team they quiet as a mouse!! Is this the definition of a true fan??

Before anyone pulls me down i'm no little Chav in burberry or what ever, i'm just very passionate about city and have sang and started songs in L1 since we moved to the stadium and sat in the old kop before.

Does anyone really think that shouting levein out or booing during the game will help our fight against relegation???

I agree we need a change, but just as much impact can be made shouting this at the final whistle!!

Finally Sloff you can **** off an all!!

STAND UP SUPPORT YOU TEAM!!!!!!!!

i thought on the whole most fans kept the chanting till the end of the game ,there has been probs in L1 now for a while ,

as for the booooing i think you missed heard some of it as the kop was chantting hummmmmmmmmmmmmme not boooooo as the lad warmed up ,it dose sound like booooing from diff parts of the ground the only player to get boooooooooooed was kis-nob-o and he diserved it too imo

newtonfox said:
i thought on the whole most fans kept the chanting till the end of the game ,there has been probs in L1 now for a while ,

as for the booooing i think you missed heard some of it as the kop was chantting hummmmmmmmmmmmmme not boooooo as the lad warmed up ,it dose sound like booooing from diff parts of the ground the only player to get boooooooooooed was kis-nob-o and he diserved it too imo

I've never seen people dancing to celebrate a substitution before, so Kisnorbo has created a first there! It was almost like we'd scored in the Kop.

IMO Kisnorbo has to be in one of the worst players to put on a city shirt he is up there with junoir lewis.

Which makes me think with all the "bung" talk from other managers is levein having a "bung" to play him!!!

Ox Fox said:
I've never seen people dancing to celebrate a substitution before, so Kisnorbo has created a first there! It was almost like we'd scored in the Kop.

Used to be done for Trevor Benjamin, chanting 'Benny, Benny, Benny....'

CardiffFox said:
Used to be done for Trevor Benjamin, chanting 'Benny, Benny, Benny....'

I can't remember a time when Benjamin was taken off and the crowd openly celebrated in the same way as was seen yesterday for Kisnorbo.

In fact wasn't Benjamin something of a cult hero solely down to the fact that you could be guaranteed at least a display of slapstick comedy from him?

Last edited:
the best thing about the HUUUUUUUME shouts when the players were warming up was that it was Wesolowski.....never mind eh. should we sack levein? argument is that we couldnt get anyone better in his place, but could we get any worse without looking at bassett style management?

newtonfox said:
the only player to get boooooooooooed was kis-nob-o and he diserved it too imo
Ridiculous, I was disgusted at the so called fans booing Kisnorbo and cheering his celebration. He played quite well yesterday, but certain 'fans' have already made their minds up about players before they even start and even if they play well these 'fans' will not acknowledge that.

As for the fecking muppets who sit near me and continually moan and didn't even bother celebrating when we scored, what is the feckin' point of them turning up, tossers :068: :018:

</rant over>

Last edited:
LS6_Fox said:
He played quite well yesterday, but certain 'fans' have already made their minds up about players before they even start and even if they play well these 'fans' will not acknowledge that

Agree.

He played a lot better than I thought he would considering the disgusting treatement he got. Booed before the match, then every time he was on the ball. Booed when he went to take throw-ins. In the first half he didn't do anything wrong, he seemed to get worse as the game went on, but that doesn't surprise me, not many players could cope with the abuse he was getting.
The defining moment for me was when a Cardiff clearance was deflected and was spinning wickedly, making it impossible to control. So obviously when it landed at Kisnorbo he couldn't control it and the ball went out for a throw. The abuse was deafening - but if it had been any other player the response would have been that he'd been unlucky.

If we go down a lot of our so called supporters will have to take their share of the blame.

disagree with that Kisnorbo was poor again yesterday IMO, he just simply isnt good enough in the midfielder commander role he is being asked to play. Why not try him in the problem left back position, didnt he play there for hearts from time to time? I will be accused of making my mind up about him before he plays but I just dont rate him, at all.

Ben and our mate Nick(and me partly!) had an argument with a wassock who was sitting a few rows back over this!!

when the Levein Out chants started up with more vigour,including those behind us, Nick turned round and said, 'Well done lads, stand up and support the team eh'?

then the wassock started going on about Levein should go(which is about right tbf!) so Ben and Nick started saying...'just leave it til after the game lads, it ain't helping the team is it?'

so this wassock started having a pop at them both saying ' oh so you think we are playing wonderful stuff do you?, you don't think this is crap eh'?

well i couldn't keep my gob shut much longer...and i said, 'of course we thinks its bloody crap but i don't agree with chanting that DURING a game'...well this idiot just kept going on and on about us not knowing anything about football cos we think we are doing ok...which we so obviously were not. and then i heard him muttering to his mate 'they are like that on the interent' which started me thinking this was the total loser who goes onto the OS spouting personal abuse towards me and Ben.

anyhoo....as we walked up the stairs towards the stairwell i looked at him and said loud enough what a twat he was.

saw Kisnorbo in Fosse Park Asda today as well.
he was parked near us and i ONLY wanted to go and have a quick word...just to ask how the players felt about all this.
but Ben was getting mardy about me wanting to go over so i didn't.:icon_roll

imo...players don't mind signing autogrpahs or having a quick natter when things are going well(from what i know anyways) so why shouldn't they be prepared to have people ask them when we are going to next win a game?
after all...it's their job right??...if you see someone you haven;t seen for a few weeks and have a natter you ask about life,family,how work is....

well i do......

anyhoo....i lost my chance......and i honestly wouldn't have told him he's committing fraud and having a hand in ruining my life!

webmaster said:
Agree.

He played a lot better than I thought he would considering the disgusting treatement he got. Booed before the match, then every time he was on the ball. Booed when he went to take throw-ins. In the first half he didn't do anything wrong, he seemed to get worse as the game went on, but that doesn't surprise me, not many players could cope with the abuse he was getting.
The defining moment for me was when a Cardiff clearance was deflected and was spinning wickedly, making it impossible to control. So obviously when it landed at Kisnorbo he couldn't control it and the ball went out for a throw. The abuse was deafening - but if it had been any other player the response would have been that he'd been unlucky.

If we go down a lot of our so called supporters will have to take their share of the blame.

Completely agree. I thought Smith and Hughes were very poor yesterday but they got no abuse whatsoever when Kisnorbo (and to a lesser extent de Vries) were getting loads - Not saying that I wanted them to get abuse, just that it was incredibly unfair. Epitomised for me by the comical conversation that was being had by two men behind me:

1st Man: Levein has to go, he just can't motivate his team..
2nd Man: Yeah, that is one of the key things..
1st Man: I mean how hard can it be, I bet I could --- KISNORBO YOU'RE RUBBISH! ---
2nd Man: YOU TWAT KISNORBO!!
1st Man: --- I bet I could do a better job at motivating the team OH DE VRIES YOU'RE USELESS!

webmaster said:
Agree.

Sadly he's not the first to recieve abuse from our supporters,and imo the treatment of Akinbiyi was pretty diabolical as well. Over the years we've always seemed to have a fans target. Mark Bright was one of the 1st i can remember and mainly because he couldn't fill Gary Linekers boots.
I agree with BF the fans are entitled to their opinions but it should be saved for the end of the game

To be fair Kisnorbo doesnt shirk his work load. Yes he is pretty wnak but he doesnt go missing for long periods ala Williams or Stephen Hughes yesterday.

I think everyone has a different perspective on the chanting yesterday. I thought it was pretty good untill Levein wound the crowd up by leaving his subs far to long to have a proper impact.

As far as booing Kisnorbo I thought that wasnt right but how else to you rid your frustrations?

As far as chanting at the end of the game thats fair enough. The team and the manager need to no that we cant stand for this.

Again the only two players to acknowlegde the fans were Paddy Mc and Stearman who were probably our two best players yesterday.

Basically I think were all rotten. The club, the mangement, the fans, the players.

Alrite guys and gals. Newcomer to the forum.

Thought i'd post a thread to have my say on this. As much as i don't think it's right to boo a player who plays for our team, sometimes somethings just have to be said. It is obvious Kisnorbo is just not good enough IMO. If we were to leave it and not show our frustrations then Levein would not realise that 90% of the fans believe he is rubbish and carry on playing him where are frustrations would just grow and grow each game.
None of the midfield yesterday had a decent game. Williams was the best of the bunch but was still poor. Only 3 to come out with any credit imo was Fryatt, Mcarthy and Stearman. Also believe it's time to give Henderson a go. Was watching after 2nd goal went in and defence was looking at Douglas shaking their heads. Good goal i know but should he really get beaten that side of the goal and is also standing that side. They guy is flat footed. doesn't move his feet. Give henderson a go. can't do any worse.

Cheers

Lurchio

P.S be nice as 1st post!

Martin Allen for manager.

lurchio said:

Thought i'd post a thread to have my say on this. As much as i don't think it's right to boo a player who plays for our team, sometimes somethings just have to be said. It is obvious Kisnorbo is just not good enough IMO. If we were to leave it and not show our frustrations then Levein would not realise that 90% of the fans believe he is rubbish and carry on playing him where are frustrations would just grow and grow each game.
None of the midfield yesterday had a decent game. Williams was the best of the bunch but was still poor. Only 3 to come out with any credit imo was Fryatt, Mcarthy and Stearman. Also believe it's time to give Henderson a go. Was watching after 2nd goal went in and defence was looking at Douglas shaking their heads. Good goal i know but should he really get beaten that side of the goal and is also standing that side. They guy is flat footed. doesn't move his feet. Give henderson a go. can't do any worse.

Cheers

Lurchio

P.S be nice as 1st post!

welcome.gif

lurchio said:

Cheers

Lurchio

P.S be nice as 1st post!

welcome lurchio.

beaumontfox said:
saw Kisnorbo in Asda today
Good girl, buying domestos, fairy liquid and washing powder I trust....

ftvsmilie4.gif
ftvsmilie1.gif

welcome lurchio.:icon_razz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573