Laughing all the way to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
very good business.

now we can build a team around sappleton,odihambo,king,gradel,porter,worley and mattock if he stays.

also interesting why all these other kids have been given contracts.

I have a feeling that you are seriously underestimating the Third Division - my guess is that such a team would badly struggle to compete in that environment.

Why is it interesting?

We always give contracts to the best kids each summer, this season is no different.

i just feel they are going to be a big part of the squad more so now we are relegated.

hence lots of players out and very few coming in.

i maybe wrong but i feel he has told pearson you build your team aroung the likes of sappleton,gradel etc.

Why is it interesting?

We always give contracts to the best kids each summer, this season is no different.

Except that the official site is making a big deal out of each getting one year deals this time, presumably to offset the reality of the fire sale

Except that the official site is making a big deal out of each getting one year deals this time, presumably to offset the reality of the fire sale

Are you sure they're not doing them one by one just so they don't have to do so many updates on the state of the pitch?

Last summer eight of the kids were offered contracts - Eric Odhiambo, Max Gradel, Andy King, Carl Pentney, Alex Cisak, Joe Magunda, Ryan Beswick and Billy McKay, but they were all announced at the same time rather than individually.

I think they are really struggling for some positive stories.

Pearson will need to get to work to bring in some experienced journeymen and sort them out very quickly.

If we take an overview of the situation, what has happened is that:

1. We are selling off the better players

2. We have a new manager in who is going to have to re-build the team in a very short period

Once again we are entering a new season in a state of instability and I can see us being behind other clubs in preparation. I'm sorry to say that we can't assume that the competitiveness in the Third Division is going to be such that we will get away with this - Pearson is going to have to be good to turn this round. Let's hope he is.

We should also expect Clem, Oakley, Howard and Campbell to go plus I wouldn't be surprised to see N'Gotty and Kish paid off...

Who does that leave us with any first team experience at all...

Hendo, Weso, Hayles, Fryatt, Porter, Chambers....

We're going to need another 15 players yet again...

Don't know if all the values had been reported, but in today's Merc it says:

£1.1m for McCauley
£2m for Stearman
£1.2m for Hume

so £4.3m already... must be the most we've received in years!

£2m for Stearman interests me, by that reckoning I think Mattock (as a LB, younger and I think better) should be worth at least £3m.

£2m for Stearman interests me, by that reckoning I think Mattock (as a LB, younger and I think better) should be worth at least £3m.

I was laughed at when I suggested such a thing a while back:icon_roll

Milan will be laughing all the way back to Serbia, whilst we'll have the best stadium in the Conference.

I don't think he'll do a runner with the cash. Our policy will probably be if we sell a player for £1.5m, we'll replace him with a player from league one who has shown his quality for 500k. The rest of the money making up and shortfalls in cash caused by relegation... That's the sensible way to go about it.

Some of it may be used to pay off any loans MM has given the club (lets face it the cash was never a gift no matter what he says). I don't think that's unreasonable as long as we invest wisely in quality from this league.

I don't think he'll do a runner with the cash. Our policy will probably be if we sell a player for £1.5m, we'll replace him with a player from league one who has shown his quality for 500k. The rest of the money making up and shortfalls in cash caused by relegation... That's the sensible way to go about it.

Some of it may be used to pay off any loans MM has given the club (lets face it the cash was never a gift no matter what he says). I don't think that's unreasonable as long as we invest wisely in quality from this league.

I go along with that, i dont believe MM is planning on jumping ship with all the treasure.............

But there is no evidence that will happen at all

Previous experience dictates that they will be replaced with clapped out tossers or unknown foreigners that no one else will touch with a barge pole

The fact that we are being strongly linked with Moore and Pericard supports this

We are flogging off our best players, relative to those wankers left behind I hasten to add, and (supposedly) bringing in duffers who are believed by Mandaric to be the type of player needed to get us out of League One.

As Hoos puts it: "League One is different and we know what we need to do to get out of it.". That says it all

I'll tell you what gets you out of League One - it's players like Mattock, Stearman, McAuley and Hume

Last edited:
But there is no evidence that will happen at all

Previous experience dictates that they will be replaced with clapped out tossers or unknown foreigners that no one else will touch with a barge pole

The fact that we are being strongly linked with Moore and Pericard supports this

We are flogging off our best players, relative to those wankers left behind I hasten to add, and (supposedly) bringing in duffers who are believed by Mandaric to be the type of player needed to get us out of League One.

As Hoos puts it: "League One is different and we know what we need to do to get out of it.". That says it all

I'll tell you what gets you out of League One - it's players like Mattock, Stearman, McAuley and Hume

As yet there is no evidence we won't sign good players from this league. If we don't and we just get a load of old shit again then of course it's a different matter.

Players like that won't get you out of the league if they don't want to play for you.

Whilst I agree with that it has to be reiterated* that players like that also got us into League 1 in the first blah blah blah.

*It's in my contract

Call me pessimistic but like everyone else I am greatly concerned about the future of our club but I was thinking that at least things couldn't get much worse.

Then I was reading up a story about Gretna FC and what has happened to them. A dreadful story. Then when you realise that MM is getting on a bit, I began to wonder are there any safeguards in the club to cover us if MM became incapacitated in some way(please don't think that I am wishing anything like that!!!). But should something like this occur whilst MM is at the top, could the club survive?

Call me pessimistic but like everyone else I am greatly concerned about the future of our club but I was thinking that at least things couldn't get much worse.

Then I was reading up a story about Gretna FC and what has happened to them. A dreadful story. Then when you realise that MM is getting on a bit, I began to wonder are there any safeguards in the club to cover us if MM became incapacitated in some way(please don't think that I am wishing anything like that!!!). But should something like this occur whilst MM is at the top, could the club survive?

The Foxes Trust have a contingency plan for just such an occurence - so we are safe as houses........

Milan would be laughing even louder on his way down to the Natwest if he read the hilarious 'quotes thread'.

The Foxes Trust have a contingency plan for just such an occurence - so we are safe as houses........

That's the only thing that keeps me sane (?).

I have put my trust in the Foxes Trust.

This is not a jest or a p-ss take. We all know that they must have loads of money from the pay out on share sales and even if they haven't they will be surely aware of people who have mega resources.

As yet there is no evidence we won't sign good players from this league. If we don't and we just get a load of old shit again then of course it's a different matter.

Players like that won't get you out of the league if they don't want to play for you.

Indeed and I agree its just the people saying good riddance and kidding themselves that the likes of Hume and Stearman were shite that I find slightly bewildering.Its clear they were going to go but lets not kid ourselves and pretend that them leaving makes us a stronger team,it doesn't it weakens us.Hopefully the replacements will be adequate:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669