Laughing all the way to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and your fanboys laughing, please tell me what you think would have happened in the event of no takeover.

Again relegation was down to the manager like pompys promotion was down to redknapp. Increased playing funds resulted from MM involvement. Just because it went pearshape I dont take the easy way out blaming the chairman. However the difference I reckon if MM didnt do the takeover we would have sold these same players a year ago for less money.

I think the sad thing is that it has all come to the same disastrous outcome anyway.

Only the future matters now and I have my doubts whether MM will want to 'invest' further - so there is a bit of an unresloved puzzle as to whether he is still an asset. On balance, I think he probably is, but we shall have to see.

I think the sad thing is that it has all come to the same disastrous outcome anyway.

Only the future matters now and I have my doubts whether MM will want to 'invest' further - so there is a bit of an unresloved puzzle as to whether he is still an asset. On balance, I think he probably is, but we shall have to see.

That's an interesting point. I suspect the "investment" will be limited to giving NP a small proportion of transfer funds received to bring in two or three new players. Further recoupment from transfers out may provide a little more cash at Xmas/Easter.

Again relegation was down to the manager like pompys promotion was down to redknapp. Increased playing funds resulted from MM involvement. Just because it went pearshape I dont take the easy way out blaming the chairman. However the difference I reckon if MM didnt do the takeover we would have sold these same players a year ago for less money.

It would have to be managers- the plural for which MM is largely to blame.

And I think we'd probably have got more for the players since they were still Championship players then and hadn't yet managed to get their side relegated.

But, look, although I was extremely wary about the Mandaric takeover, to be fair, last season he was pretty good in his way. He meddled, he bought a lot of shite, sure, but he put the money in and he was also extremely unlucky. He certainly wasn't raping the club to get his money back out.

I pray I can say that at the end of this season.

But, look, although I was extremely wary about the Mandaric takeover, to be fair, last season he was pretty good in his way. He meddled, he bought a lot of shite, sure, but he put the money in and he was also extremely unlucky. He certainly wasn't raping the club to get his money back out.

Very fair summary Dour.

He certainly wasn't raping the club to get his money back out.

Personally I'm not so sure. Some of last seasons signings were so unbelievable, Carl Cort, Sergio Hellings and some of the others who never got a game, that you have to wonder what motivated MM (I think it's fair to say that at least half of the pre-season signings were his not Allens)to sign them.

Personally I'm not so sure. Some of last seasons signings were so unbelievable, Carl Cort, Sergio Hellings and some of the others who never got a game, that you have to wonder what motivated MM (I think it's fair to say that at least half of the pre-season signings were his not Allens)to sign them.

He brought in a couple of guys who didn't last long and I guess that they identified those you mentioned and maybe some other absurd signings.

I put this down to sheer bad judgement - but it is the same lack of judgement on manager appointments which has to be down to MM.

He certainly has been extremely unwise with his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669