Laughing all the way to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Foxes Trust have a contingency plan for just such an occurence - so we are safe as houses........

Does this involve smoking 40 B&H and running round the yard waving their hands (shoes) in the air?

:102:

The fact that generally the team were appalling last year leads me to be rather apathetic about the goings from the club. Looking at things objectively, the players that have gone obviously had value to the purchaser and I expect they will play better in better teams (than us last season). But last season was a such huge disappointment to me. Its hard for me to say I wanted them to stay with us.

Mattock is probably an exception, he is not the finished article yet but has significant potential. He may not be worth 5-6 million yet, or even 2-3 million but he may have that worth as an investment value. Its what bigger clubs are prepared to invest him.

British born left footed players of potential/prem quality are a prized commodity. I don't think we can hang on to him if a prem club wants him. He's a professional footballer and he will go if asked.

Are you sure they're not doing them one by one just so they don't have to do so many updates on the state of the pitch?

Last summer eight of the kids were offered contracts - Eric Odhiambo, Max Gradel, Andy King, Carl Pentney, Alex Cisak, Joe Magunda, Ryan Beswick and Billy McKay, but they were all announced at the same time rather than individually.

The offers of contracts to the lads were all announced at the same time last season, just as they were this season. The acceptance and signing of the contracts has been announced on an individual basis in both years.

I searched the OS for evidence of this happening last season, and the players I looked for (Magunda, Odhiambo and Pentney) were not announced individually, so I assumed the same was true for all of them.

If you look at the 'Players' Contracts' thread (can't remember its exact name), you will see that it was amended when each of the signings of contracts was announced. It is true though that some were not announced - just as not all have (yet) been announced this time round.

Notwithstanding any of this small part of the discussion, I think it is important that City do keep themselves in the public eye - and if that means announcing trivia, so what? It would be far worse for the collective spirit if they simply disappeared from view as well as disappearing from the Championship.

Last edited:
If you look at the 'Players' Contracts' thread (can't remember its exact name), you will see that it was amended when each of the signings of contracts was announced. It is true though that some were not announced - just as not all have (yet) been announced this time round.

I think the delay in some of the announcements could be down to young players considering whether it's a good idea to sign for city a bit more than last year, it comes to something when academy 'stars' are too big for the first team.

Really? At any price? What if that price was the club being liquidated into non-existance? Or just administration with a 10 point deduction to start the season with?

Not saying either of those are guaranteed if he left, but they are a possibility and highlight was a stupid comment that was.

The club wouldn't be liquidated into non-existence, the worse that would happen would be administration and a 10 point dock.

For all of MM's so called investment we're in the worse position in our history. His interference and dubious business practices have been a disaster .Would life really be so terrible without him?

The club wouldn't be liquidated into non-existence, the worse that would happen would be administration and a 10 point dock.

For all of MM's so called investment we're in the worse position in our history. His interference and dubious business practices have been a disaster .Would life really be so terrible without him?

:018: I'm sure Chrysalis will back me up here: without him, we would have had to sell all our best players and been relegated.

:018: I'm sure Chrysalis will back me up here: without him, we would have had to sell all our best players and been relegated.

Absolutely correct - this would have been a lot worse than being relegated and then having to sell our best players. Obviously.:icon_lol:

Ah, I see what you've done Melts, you've mixed him up with the Democratic presidential nominee, Umbongo. Easy mistake to make.

Ah, I see what you've done Melts, you've mixed him up with the Democratic presidential nominee, Umbongo. Easy mistake to make.
Indeed, your powers of deduction astound me, my friend.

Why's that?

(I'm not taking the piss or anything, I'm genuinely interested)

Its only my opinion but he was offered a new deal weeks a go and he's attracted interest from premiership teams. Doesn't look like he will sign to me.

You and your fanboys laughing, please tell me what you think would have happened in the event of no takeover.

Again relegation was down to the manager like pompys promotion was down to redknapp. Increased playing funds resulted from MM involvement. Just because it went pearshape I dont take the easy way out blaming the chairman. However the difference I reckon if MM didnt do the takeover we would have sold these same players a year ago for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669