Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If less than £100 isn't cheap for 9 main meals, 4 puddings and 9 drinks then I don't know what is :icon_conf

In fairness, that is cheap and probably reflective of the poor quality of the food. I have no idea how you managed to get it so cheap though. The majority of the mains were £9-12 and the puddings £4-5.

So its good work on your part. Our bill was £215 between 7 of us. That was starters, mains, puddings and drinks mind you.

In fairness, that is cheap and probably reflective of the poor quality of the food. I have no idea how you managed to get it so cheap though. The majority of the mains were £9-12 and the puddings £4-5.

So its good work on your part. Our bill was £215 between 7 of us. That was starters, mains, puddings and drinks mind you.

I did mention on Monday's they give you 25% off your foodbill.

We had a round of drinks as we went in, and then another with our meal. The first round of drinks were just paid for at the bar.

We were spread over 2 tables, and everyone finished their meal. That suggests to me they were happy with the quality of the food.

It was nothing out of this world, but we received a good service, the food was nice and IMO represented good value for money :)

I did mention on Monday's they give you 25% off your foodbill.

We had a round of drinks as we went in, and then another with our meal. The first round of drinks were just paid for at the bar.

We were spread over 2 tables, and everyone finished their meal. That suggests to me they were happy with the quality of the food.

It was nothing out of this world, but we received a good service, the food was nice and IMO represented good value for money :)

Did I mention just how angry the birthday song made me at the 9th time of being played!! :bang:

Deffo better value places out there for much better quality!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these

Rossini's on Coventry Road, Hinckley
Fantastic, proper Italian. Excellent presentation and choice. Slight bugbear...only two vegetarian dishes

and

Simla on Coventry Road, Hinckley
Fantastic Indian, not at all your paint-by-numbers Indian that most are. Wide choice of things you haven't heard of, as well as your usual "two poppadoms, two Cobras and don't forget the lime pickle"

two cracking restaurants well worth a visit

Agreed on both of those. Good job you avoided the indian a little closer to the Sporties!:icon_wink

Frankie & Benny's - Meridian

9 of us went last night for a birthday meal. All had a main meal with several extras. There were also 4 that had puddings. A round of drinks also on the bill. £99.70 all in.

Good efficient service and my 'Philly steak pizza' was excellent.

Monday is their promotional day, so our bill came with 25% discount (food only). I understand this is every Monday except bank holidays.

7.5/10

Haven't been there for years but the last 2 times I visited I walked out before ordering anything, the service is so bad that on the earlier of these 2 visits we sat at a table after being seated with a menu for 30 minutes and no one had even bothered to come over and take a drinks order (last visit we knew the drill and left after looking at the menu with no drinks for 10 minutes). The food is little better than microwave ready meals if you do ever get served.

Haven't been there for years but the last 2 times I visited I walked out before ordering anything, the service is so bad that on the earlier of these 2 visits we sat at a table after being seated with a menu for 30 minutes and no one had even bothered to come over and take a drinks order (last visit we knew the drill and left after looking at the menu with no drinks for 10 minutes). The food is little better than microwave ready meals if you do ever get served.

Very much sums it up for me.

Colourworks - Braunstone gate

Enjoyed everything about it really. Good food nice atmosphere. will be nice in summer with riverside views . (Althought the alkys on castle gardens could be a problem)
Food was not too expensive The fillet in stilton was £20 but i wasnt paying so all good. :icon_lol: 9/10 Could be shite when busy :102: I just dont know :icon_lol:

Colourworks - Braunstone gate

Enjoyed everything about it really. Good food nice atmosphere. will be nice in summer with riverside views . (Althought the alkys on castle gardens could be a problem)
Food was not too expensive The fillet in stilton was £20 but i wasnt paying so all good. :icon_lol: 9/10 Could be shite when busy :102: I just dont know :icon_lol:

Don't like the place - over priced and under fed.

went to spice 45 last night, was nice food and environment, but nothing exceptional. having said that I had your basic chicken tikka masala, so not the best dish to judge on I guess.

went to spice 45 last night, was nice food and environment, but nothing exceptional. having said that I had your basic chicken tikka masala, so not the best dish to judge on I guess.

:018:

Went to Aperitivo, a tapas bar on Highfield Street, earlier this week for the first time in 3 or 4 years. Really, really good - they must have a new chef in. 6 of us each chose a tapas while we were waiting for a large paella - the whole lot including 4 bottles of wine came to £100.

Red Lion, Rothley.

Very good quality food served very slowly. Desserts over-priced IMHO.

Little India, Peckleton again.

Great food, nice place, plenty of parking. £7.95 for 4 courses on a Sunday. Can't fault it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669