Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Groupon is for Dine india today.

Red Cow, Welham.

Really good pub food and very reasonably priced. A bit of a wait after ordering but it was busy.

Shame our table was surrounded by pikies (should expect that so near to Harborough) which also made parking a problem with 20 rusted white vans in the car park

Morrisons, Coalville. Nice sarnies and crisps but even though it was lunchtime I had trouble finding anything decent for afters:icon_wink

Badgers Sett Cropston. Went on Sunday evening. Meat on all dishes overcooked. I think the head waitress (Maybe landlady) gave in in the end. We ended up with free mains for all eight, as did the table of five near to us.
They were clearly struggling, with a lack of staff. Bar was also very slow.

Will go again as I keep being told it's good, but for distance travelled I would much prefer The Grange in Oadby (the same chain).

We went to the Dipali in Blaby on Monday night. The food was very good and service excellent.

We had a Groupon and selected from their 'speciality' range. My Lamb Roshini was gorgeous.

Would recommend and will probably go back ourselves if we're in that neck of the woods.

Oh I went to TB favourite Casa Romana last night. Was pretty impressed, though my only dissappointment was that the sauce for my starter tasted very similar to one for my main course!

Spice 45 - Indian restaurant in Narborough. Been a couple of times and it has been top notch both times. Recommend it.

Going here on Sunday for the buffet. Anybody been more recently who can vouch for it still being OK?!

Going here on Sunday for the buffet. Anybody been more recently who can vouch for it still being OK?!

I have about a month ago :icon_bigg, still as good, although I know someone who went a couple of weeks ago who wasn't overly impressed.

Timo Harborough tomorrow!

hmmmm very mixed reports. My husband went with his mates and hated it so much he wont go again but that was in its first weeks. I look forward to your report.

Went to the new(ish) Indian around here, Syston Spice. The food was good and reasonably priced but the service was crap. We were still waiting for our naan bread 5 minutes after the rest of our main meal was served. When we'd finished they just cleared our plates away and left. We sat there half an hour waiting to be offered a desert menu or a cup of coffee when we gave up and asked for the bill and we had to wait 20 minutes for that.

Going here (Spice45) on Sunday for the buffet. Anybody been more recently who can vouch for it still being OK?!

Good value at £7.95 for a Sunday buffet. Not many people there so service was quite good. The food however was very average and not a very good choice at all - very minimal number of dishes.

OK, but I've had much better even though buffets are usually a bit downmarket.

went to San Carlo on Friday night, food and service were very good.

hmmmm very mixed reports. My husband went with his mates and hated it so much he wont go again but that was in its first weeks. I look forward to your report.

3rd time i've been now. I get the feeling now its best to go as a couple instead of a group as we got very well looked after (when I went in a group of 20 the service was not too good). still a few teething problems as the younger members off staff seem a little keen to keep checking if everything is ok, but the food was really good. I risked the seafood spagetti and it was lovely. The house white was a really good drop too.

It was extremely busy, plenty of the crowd from tigers had headed straight there after the match. They were all taken aback when Castro popped in for his dinner with his entire family - he was walking round like he owned the place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00