Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Duzza dont whats occurring there. I havent been for 6 months Pds give it a miss and take her to the Goose in Gilmorton. Failing that Manor 2 for 1 :icon_lol:

The last few times I've been there it has only been because someone else was organising and I've thought the food wasn't better than average - certainly not worth the money.

Went to a new place in Anstey this weekend called Sapori, which is a tapas bar and italian restaurant. It was a family party thing so the food was buffet style but it was still pretty decent, and its very nice inside. Might check it out properly in the future.

The Angel in Coleorton, top quality food and beer and lovely setting.

Don Leone's not a memorable dining experience then?

Haha, I forgot!

It was actually very nice. I had the meatball starter but the Soup, which most had, was excellent. Also, the mussels were apparntly top notch.

The mains were equally nice, I had on of the pizzas (boring me, eh?) which was as good a pizza as I've ever had (but that probably doesn't mean much). There were good reports from those with Calzone.

Didn't need desert in the end but they looked irresistable (just not after pigging out on two decent sized courses beforehand).

Service was very good too.

Overall 9/10

Just purchased todays 'Leicester' Groupon voucher for Chamelee, Blaby.

Anyone been?

Went a few years ago. Was ok but wouldn't make a trip over from Notts for it. Not sure what award they have won that the offer refers to is.
Oh and don't have pre-meal drinks in the George.

Went a few years ago. Was ok but wouldn't make a trip over from Notts for it. Not sure what award they have won that the offer refers to is.

I'll second that :icon_lol:

Working in Leics on Friday, so already over. Needed some where out the way to take my hot date, where I wouldn't be recognised :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69