Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone buy a Colour Works voucher from Groupon?

Firenze in Kibworth:

Italian restaurant.
The food was superb and good service. You start with comlimentary bread and dips - with ham too but they took that away as we didn't want it. We had 2 courses and didn't manage a dessert but you get a tray with some sweets (cubes of jelly, fudge, nuts, chocolate covered fruit etcs) free with coffee.
It's not cheap -starters and anti-pasti were about £8-£10, and main courses £20+ and it's definitely quality not quantity ie my ravioli starter was just one large ravioli, but delicious. There didn't seem to be any vegetarian main courses but there may have been a separate menu which we didn't ask for as we ate from the fish menu.

A place for a special occasion unless you are lucky enough to be able to afford it more often.

1573 Bar & Grill is today's Leicester groupon. Quite a few supplements though.

The Crowded House in Ashby is Derby's groupon. Looks very nice!

Anyone who likes cheap deals for eating out might be interested in the Taste Card www.tasteuk.co.uk

If you use the promo code SUN before 8th July you can get annual membership for £29.95.

Please delete if this breaks any advertising rules (I am not associated with Taste card in any way).

Tried the Black Horse at Grimston on Saturday, hadn't booked so struggled for a table which is usually a good sign. We were fairly early and they managed to squeeze us in, but we had to be off the table by 7.30pm. The staff were very good about it and very attentive. They could easily have turned us away as there was 7 of us with a couple of dietry requirements thrown in.
They have a varied menu with more choice on the specials board and overall it was a good meal and reasonably priced.

Tried the Black Horse at Grimston on Saturday, hadn't booked so struggled for a table which is usually a good sign. We were fairly early and they managed to squeeze us in, but we had to be off the table by 7.30pm. The staff were very good about it and very attentive. They could easily have turned us away as there was 7 of us with a couple of dietry requirements thrown in.
They have a varied menu with more choice on the specials board and overall it was a good meal and reasonably priced.

Genuinely never heard of Grimstonuntil now but looking at the map it's not far off the route to my sisters house so may try it some time.

Passage to India, Anstey.

One of the best Jalfrezi's I have ever had. Excellent taste and good quality ingredients.

Six of us went, only popadoms for starters and then only the mains with no dessert. One and a half rounds of drinks and total bill less than £90.

Despite us not exactly being the last of the big spenders we were still presented with complimentary Zambucca's at the end of the meal by an efficient and freindly staff.

My first time there but won't be the last. Most agreeable to palette and wallet :icon_bigg

Passage to India, Anstey.

One of the best Jalfrezi's I have ever had. Excellent taste and good quality ingredients.

Six of us went, only popadoms for starters and then only the mains with no dessert. One and a half rounds of drinks and total bill less than £90.

Despite us not exactly being the last of the big spenders we were still presented with complimentary Zambucca's at the end of the meal by an efficient and freindly staff.

My first time there but won't be the last. Most agreeable to palette and wallet :icon_bigg

:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59