Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Cow Welham, another good effort. I'm full of cold so my tastebuds are severely impaired - but £20 for 2 large meals and 2 pints is not to be sniffed at.

The place was rammed tho

I wasn't there this time. Just to prove I'm not stalking you ;)

Twice. Although, once I didn't pay anything and didn't leave my name and address, I just told them to **** off and we left. I was justified though.
Despite being both drunk and severely mashed and having virtually no short-term memory, my old man managed to count out the exact money and hand the waitress a deserved four quid for her efforts.

So you did pay for the meal then?
If you're unhappy with the food in a restaurant, pay what you think the food is worth, leave your name and address and invite them to sue you for the difference. It's an entirely civil matter, so they can't stop you from leaving or force you to pay up their asking price.

The guy who ran the Chinese in Monmouth when I was a kid was not averse to chasing non-payers with a cleaver, the local constabulary seemed to turn a blind eye to any injuries.

The guy who ran the Chinese in Monmouth when I was a kid was not averse to chasing non-payers with a cleaver, the local constabulary seemed to turn a blind eye to any injuries.

At that point it's no longer a civil matter and becomes criminal

Paddy's Marten Inn got 5 in all criteria within the Merc.

My brothers been and agreed. (anyone who knows my bro will recognise this is a miracle)

Was featured on Jamie Oliver's show

Wasn't featured on Jamie Oliver's show for the food they serve though. It was that they were using the kitchens to cook traditional Indian meals.

Food is ok, the place is a dump. It gets less desirable each time I visit.

Me and My Dad thought this as it's in that shitehole of an ex-pub is it not?

It is.

The food is getting worse each time I go. I may be uncultured but I believe that each dish tastes just like another. I suspect they are just living on the name and reputation.

Has anyone ever eaten at the restaurant at the Greyhound Stadium in Nottingham? I work there, but personally I'd never eat there as there's so much going on. Too many pissed, frisky scallies and the fact that we, the bar staff, have to ask the punters if they want a drink every two nanoseconds on pain of a bollocking from the manager..... the walnut faced old gonk. Along with all the tote bets, diners coming and going to see races track side and spill over from the other bars, who come to see their mates in restaurant, order 10 drinks then **** off downstairs again.

Last edited:
we, the bar staff, have to ask the punters if they want a drink every two nanoseconds on pain of a bollocking from the manager
It's the same in R Code on Narborough Road. Cracking food and I understand it's also a bar, but I don't want to have my conversation interrupted every few seconds by someone asking if I want another drink or if everything is alright.

Last edited:
Look this is in Cov, and I can't think why any sane person would find themselves in Cov long enough to become hungry, but I went out with some ex-colleagues for a meal at San Marco in Gosford Street Cov. Typical Trattatoria, miserable middle aged men serving, dimmed lights and Dean marting singing eytie songs in english. But the food was sensatonal, middle of the road prices but quality on the plate. If you do find yourselves held hostage in Cov try it, you can always kick his window in aftewards if you need to.

Last edited:
Look this is in Cov, and I can't think why any sane person would find themselves in Cov long enough to become hungry, but I went out with some ex-colleagues for a meal at San Marco in Gosford Street Cov. Typical Trattatoria, miserable middle aged men serving, dimmed lights and Dean marting singing eytie songs in english. But the food was sensatonal, middle of the road prices but quality on the plate. If you do find yourselves held hostage in Cov try it, you can always kick his window in aftewards if you need to.

We had a works Christmas party there years ago, I'd agree with the assessment.

went to Maiyango last night. A good selection on the menu, the 4 of us all had different starters, mains and dessert, with everyone coming away very impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669