Lee Clark Sacked by Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

According to the BBC site... Seems a bit mad?!

Mate at work just mentioned this - must be for other than footballing reasons seeing as he is one of the more highly regarded lower league managers at the min.

I know they were losing at one point to Sheff Utd last night but would seem harsh being sacked as a result of losing a derby match!!

He must be going somewhere and Huddersfield hate Leeds so that must be it

Surely if that was the case they'd try to keep him so they get compensation, not sack him so they have to pay him compensation.

This is what their chairman said "with 16 matches to go we still have an oppotunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

Incredible that they've sacked him. When I saw he'd left, I'd assumed he was going to Leeds or Wolves. He still might, but now they miss out on compo?

Job swap with Grayson?

Still though, they've only lost 3 times in about 50 games and two of those losses to the two top teams in the league... It's not like they're out of contention in any way at all either, if they win their game in hand they'd go third. Seems a bit kneejerk to me.

Very strange. Must be for something other than results. 49% win rate is fantastic - and yes he may not have got them promoted yet, but even so, very strange timing.

On a separate note, Grayson is a W*nker. I see a job swap.

Colin installed as the bookies fav

Look at the Huddersfield forums and you'll see people have wanted him out for most of the season. Even before their long unbeaten run ended they were unhappy with performances.

Unbeaten in 50 or whatever, near to automatic promotion?!

There would be some on here having orgasms if we could produce results like that!

Fickle fans! Grass is always greener etc!

According to Sky Lee Clark is 'perplexed' over sacking

He has now tried a number of formations / tactics without prolonged success (442, 451, 433, 4411, 352, target man). How many attempts are required before you cut your losses?

And yet managers are slammed here for sticking with a formation and not having a Plan B - I hate dullard fans.

Amazing isn't it? From the outside, he seemed a cracking young manager. Inside that forum, with fans I would imagine go a lot, it seems he's a little like having a poo outside on a cold day.

Leeds please.

To be fair yes he has spent a lot for that division, but it was all financed through the better players he lost in the summer, the likes of Peltier and Pilkington needed replacing and in fairness Huddersfield didn't have much hope of hanging on to them. He's still done really well when competing against the likes of Sheff Utd, Wednesday and Charlton who are all huge clubs in that division. Considering the run they had, where they are placed in the table and the fact that they've lost 1 game in the last 10 it is absolutely mind blowing. If the Huddersfield fans think that it's the right decision then they are mad....and I thought we were the ones who were supposed to have delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566