Lee Hendrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the mercury.....

The game might not have been pretty but Leicester City's goal from Lee Hendrie was a thing of beauty all right, bringing an important win at just the right time.

The roller-coaster's upward thrust from the West Brom game hit a downer last week against Hull so it needed to be on the rise again - and that is where Hendrie stepped in.

His swerver from the left edge of the area just before the break was worthy of winning any game and provided the tonic everyone in the City camp needed.

He said: "All the lads are bouncing around and I am just thrilled. Last week was disappointing,

"We needed to bounce back and we did. Their keeper had a fantastic day but we just dug deep and got the result.

"I still had to do a double-take to see if it had gone in off the post. It was one of those games, it wasn't pretty but the three points were the main thing.''

The win confirmed Hendrie's belief that all will be well for City.

He said: "We definitely have the ability to stay up. If we get a couple more results, the pressure is off.

"The lads are first-class in training and we are all conscious of where we are.

"We have got this mini-season and we have just got to concentrate on our own results. Bring it on and let's finish the season on a high and be ready for next season.

Hendrie's wish to finish his own season on a high came closer to fruition with that superb goal.

Not only that, but it also boosted his declared hope of being a City player next season, if all goes well for him and, of course, for the team.

He is still Sheffield United's player and will not face the Blades at Bramall Lane on Saturday. But his heart and soul are with City as his delight at his brilliant strike showed. He said: "I don't know how it is going to turn out. We will look at it in the summer, but I have really enjoyed it and the fans have been superb to me.

"It has given me a lift and so has the gaffer. I have had a bit of a scabby season and I said I wanted to finish it on a high if I could. I want to come back next season all guns blazing and who knows where it will be?''

With more goals like that, the Blue Army will certainly want it to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669