Post Match Leeds 1 - 0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

Becchio penalty after 3 mins.

Shame to lose to a penalty but didn't sound quite good enough but possibly enough chances to sneak a goal.

Can't win them all though and we'll beat Derby but would have been nice to get a good winning run together.

Last edited:
Vardeehhhh out!!!!!11

Waghorn's a star, Vardy's pooooo!

I told you Vardy was next up.

Not the end of the world, as Graz has already pointed out the usual 'we need a goalscorer' thing will come up again. We didn't keep the ball at all well tonight, the lack of goals probably isn't a reflection on Waghorn and Vardy as the midfield couldn't retain the ball. The passing in general sounded poor tonight and until Funcycats came on there was no easy outlet, having said that we only managed to hit him consistently for a couple of minutes.

Sounds as thoughSchlupp had a bit of a stinker in the first half, he's been good at left back until now, excellent in places, but Leeds played a high pressure game with some wiley old cheats giving the entire back four the run around.

I'm not massively surprised, the main sore point for me is that all the Leeds fans I know, whilst lovely in day to day life, are one-eyed and utterly obnoxious when it comes down to discussing their club.

Nevermind, we'll give Derby a good seeing to as per on saturday. Hopefully Konchesky and Futacs in for Schlupp and Vardy, Derby will have their tails up after a couple of good results recently and we need it nice and tight.

Same old inconsistent Leicester. We are not going anywhere unless we can start turning these games that are going against us.

Still in a good league position, but i'd doubt that we will make the automatics with the number of defeats we are accumulating .

I'm not massively surprised, the main sore point for me is that all the Leeds fans I know, whilst lovely in day to day life, are one-eyed and utterly obnoxious when it comes down to discussing their club.

So true!

NP just said in his post match interview that we didnt work hard enough he disagreed with Stringer who asked NP if he thought we were "out-muscled". We seemed to perform better with a more physical presence in Futacs playing 2nd half. No need to get disheartened, a morale lifting home win on Saturday and we start another good winning sequence Hopefully Nugent will be back to add some experience to the team, another area where we seem to fall short against certain teams (ie bullies) A bonus Cardiff and Palace dropping points

Last edited:
We weren't at the races today, that's as poor as we've played all season. No Idea what Schlupp was thinking, what a howler. Futacs must start on Saturday if Nugent isn't fit, whilst I think Vardy is a decent player he looks miles off the pace currently.

Oh well.

I agree with the point we are accumulating too many defeats. Still hopeful we can string a good run together again.

I'll echo what others have said about us accumulating too many defeats. Six is quite a high number at this stage of the season for any team with ambitions of automatic promotion. We look a play off side but probably no better than that. The addition of a reliable goalscorer could change that but if they were easy to come by every side would be well stocked with them.

I don't mean any of the above to come across as a moan. I'd have taken a play off place at the beginning of the season with some delight and I think a play off place is probably what we'll end up with. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Slow building towards success such as that managed by Stoke and West Brom would suit me just fine.

Last edited:
I'll echo what others have said about us accumulating too many defeats. Six is quite a high number at this stage of the season for any team with ambitions of automatic promotion. We look a play off side but probably no better than that. The addition of a reliable goalscorer could change that but if they were easy to come by every side would be well stocked with them.

I don't mean any of the above to come across as a moan. I'd have taken a play off place at the beginning of the season with some delight and I think a play off place is probably what we'll end up with. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. Slow building towards success such as that managed by Stoke and West Brom would suit me just fine.

Indeedy.

While we're up there, I obviously want us to push as hard as possible for automatic. But if we finish in the playoffs, it will still be a successful season in my eyes - and still give us a chance of promotion!

We're still only 5 points off the top and Cardiff are sure to stumble at some point (because it's them, and because it's very rare someone leads the Championship all season and wins it). We're not a million miles away.

konchesky in for schlupp, knock in for waghorn. Nugent in for vardy. Please

No attacking options. Nugent was sorely missed, Futacs probably best striker. Vardy is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669