Post Match Leeds 1 - 0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we worry about getting spunked every week in the Premier League when we are actually there ?

We have enough issues to deal with regarding getting out of this godforsaken league, without making up a whole raft of new problems that don't actually exist

This place is crazy, I'll give you that, but some days it's beyond any definition of crazy bonkersness that I've ever seen

And yes, I said crazy bonkersness. It's a real concept, and there are plenty of definitions for it. But I'm not telling you what they are

On the point about too many defeats - what matter is our relative position in the league and we are in the play-offs and only 4 points behind second. We are in touch, and it doesn't matter what the make-up of the W/D/L columns are. It will be relative performance from now until May that decides who goes up.

Out of interest how many of our defeats have been on Tuesday nights? Isn't it the majority of them (including the Carling Cup defeat...)?

Out of interest how many of our defeats have been on Tuesday nights? Isn't it the majority of them (including the Carling Cup defeat...)?

3 out of the 7 defeats (Including CC) have been on a Tuesday. We have also won 3 games on Tuesdays so I don't think it has that much relevance.

I think he's been broken in too quickly, we could do with easing him in like Reading did with LeFondre.

And which one of the other strikers NP has brought in would take his place? NP simply failed to do any business that was anywhere near good enough in the striker dep't, never mind the left back position.

I wont say any more in case people feel this is horrifically negative of me, remember, our strikers don't have a goal scoring problem And young Jeff is an ideal left back replacement.

Stupid PEAR SON! Why didn't he just go down to Strikers-R-Us and stock up?

On the point about too many defeats - what matter is our relative position in the league and we are in the play-offs and only 4 points behind second. We are in touch, and it doesn't matter what the make-up of the W/D/L columns are. It will be relative performance from now until May that decides who goes up.

Although i agree we are in a decent position, 2 or 3 less defeats at this stage would give the look and feel of a club who are tough to beat. It might just psychologically make opponents feel that a draw against us, is as good as they are going to get. At the moment we are doing well, but we are also giving other teams plenty of hope.

3 out of the 7 defeats (Including CC) have been on a Tuesday. We have also won 3 games on Tuesdays so I don't think it has that much relevance.

Thanks. I wasn't intending to mean there was some meaningful correlation that NP needed to sort out! just that I had a feeling that Tuesday matches in general had been a disappointment

Last edited:
When we make it to the Champions League final it is clear that most of this squad simply aren't good enough. If Pea Son doesn't sort it out now we may not win the bloody thing and I've already booked my tickets to the World Club Final.

I'm not massively surprised, the main sore point for me is that all the Leeds fans I know, whilst lovely in day to day life, are one-eyed and utterly obnoxious when it comes down to discussing their club.

Leeds fans have a problem not faced by any other club. Manchester United under Busby, Forest under Clough, Liverpool under Shankly and Paisley had what are universally regarded as great sides. Leeds fans believe their most iconic team and manager should have the same status. They resent the fact that there is none of the affection for Revie that there is for the other three managers. Far from being remembered as a great team Revie's Leeds reputation is for cheating.

This reputation is justified. It is not merely that they perfected the sly foul, the dive and the harassment of referees. Leeds went much further than that. The most important fact about sport is that it should not be fixed.
We know that when Revie took over and Leeds were in relegation trouble at the bottom of the Second Division he tried to bribe Bob Stokoe the Bury manager.
When Leeds were faced with a First Division championship decider against Wolves (if Leeds drew they and not Derby would win the First Division) Billy Bremner contacted Wolves centre half Frank Munro and offered him £5,000 to give away a penalty.
Leeds goalkeeper Gary Sprake has said that he was aware of two occasions when Revie tried to bribe opponents.
Brian Clough believed he had walked in on a conversation between Revie and a referee that led him to believe the referee had been bribed.
In the Bob Stokoe - Frank Munro incidents the attempt at a bribe was rejected. It is in the nature of these things that incidents where the bribe was successful would not come out.

I have a certain affection for Leeds current manager. I regard Neil Warnock as an amusing pantomime villain. Revie's Leeds were not amusing and he really was despicable.

I wish David's "Yet Another Reason To Despise Leeds United" would become a weekly column, especially for the young posters who may not be familiar with the vileness of this football club.

Aside from watching The Damned United, I don't know an awful lot of the Revie era, perhaps I've just never felt the urge to read about it as there is such a dislkie of the club ingrained into my footballing being. David, your point about Leeds fans never really getting the credit they feel that they deserve is an excellent one, afterall even their most recent success under O'Leary is rarely acknowledged as the feat it was.

I had a frustrating conversation with a Leeds fan I know very well last night. I basically congratulated him on the win (too tired to really pick over the bones of the game) and said that Warnock will get them going, even though I don't like his style or his players. Then of course the Leeds fan stuck his fingers in his ears and completely missed the point of what I had said.

Last edited:
And which one of the other strikers NP has brought in would take his place? NP simply failed to do any business that was anywhere near good enough in the striker dep't, never mind the left back position.

I wont say any more in case people feel this is horrifically negative of me, remember, our strikers don't have a goal scoring problem And young Jeff is an ideal left back replacement.

Quite. Let us hope Pearson can rectify this in January. :icon_bigg

I have previously said on here what you mentioned about convicing players to join teams in relegation battles.

My point was that every team, every season faces the same problem and it's not going to go away. Regardless of season a club gets promoted (whether it be this or five years time), the dilemma remains the same. So by your reckoning, we'd be mauled if we went up in five years time...let alone this season. To add, it's very unrealistic when the team would be completely changed.

NB. Southampton will push on now. 17th and three unbeaten after a very unlucky run of fixtures at the start of the season. They only have Chelsea out of the current ''Big Four'' to play this side of Christmas.

You make some valid points but .....

I'm not sure about the benefits of a "completely changed" team - prefer the idea of adding two or three
high quality players.

Anyway it makes sense to focus on getting out of the current division and I have doubts about our ability to do that. Mind you it isn't simply about the lack of an additional reliable striker. As the table suggests we aren't too far off the pace in goal scoring - inconsistency seems the main issue allied with getting out muscled on occasions. But based on the results to date, there is no really high quality side in this division.

Quite. Let us hope Pearson can rectify this in January. :icon_bigg

Hopefully he won't be looking to loan more like Lingard, this loan might make SAF happy but the lad simply hasn't had any impact.

Hopefully he won't be looking to loan more like Lingard, this loan might make SAF happy but the lad simply hasn't had any impact.

He hasn't had any impact during the 53 minutes (across 4 games) he has been on the pitch... he must be crap get rid of him!!!!!!!

Last edited:
He hasn't had any impact during the 53 minutes (across 4 games) he has been on the pitch... he must be crap get rid of him!!!!!!!

I thought the idea of a squad and subs was to allow the manager to change things for the better to get the desired result or to keep 11 players on the pitch if there is an injury, bringing on Lingard in those 4 games has not brought any noticeable positives to our play or the chance of improving the result as far as I have seen so I conclude that he's only being used to make sure we have 11 players on the pitch and to free up some wages at MUFC.

I thought the idea of a squad and subs was to allow the manager to change things for the better to get the desired result or to keep 11 players on the pitch if there is an injury, bringing on Lingard in those 4 games has not brought any noticeable positives to our play or the chance of improving the result as far as I have seen so I conclude that he's only being used to make sure we have 11 players on the pitch and to free up some wages at MUFC.

:038::038: Good one, I honestly thought you were being serious for a minute!

There are so many crazy posters on here that I believed you were suggesting that you can judge how good a player is on 4x sub appearances over 53 minutes.

I'm glad you were only joking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670