Post Match Leeds 1 - 0 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
They resent the fact that there is none of the affection for Revie that there is for the other three managers.

I don't believe for a second that this is the primary occupation of Leeds supporters. As supporters they are no different to other teams, like ours, bitching about biased referees and all the clear-cut decisions they've not been given. That, and how television is bias against them.

Maybe supporters 'of a certain age' would like to see historical plaudits for their old side but they are in an ever-shrinking minority.

The main reason Leeds are held in such low status these days moves beyond Hunter's tackles, it is their recent strong connections with Far Right groups in the 80s & 90s and their involvement in racist chanting & violence.

I don't believe they are any different a club to anybody else these days, and that goes for them as a body of fans too. Every club has its obnoxious gits.

:038::038: Good one, I honestly thought you were being serious for a minute!

There are so many crazy posters on here that I believed you were suggesting that you can judge how good a player is on 4x sub appearances over 53 minutes.

I'm glad you were only joking...

What are your thoughts on the player?

I don't believe for a second that this is the primary occupation of Leeds supporters. As supporters they are no different to other teams, like ours, bitching about biased referees and all the clear-cut decisions they've not been given. That, and how television is bias against them.

Maybe supporters 'of a certain age' would like to see historical plaudits for their old side but they are in an ever-shrinking minority.

The main reason Leeds are held in such low status these days moves beyond Hunter's tackles, it is their recent strong connections with Far Right groups in the 80s & 90s and their involvement in racist chanting & violence.

I don't believe they are any different a club to anybody else these days, and that goes for them as a body of fans too. Every club has its obnoxious gits.

Well, that saved me having to reply. That's pretty much exactly sums up my thoughts about them as well.

So you replied afterall

Yeah, but it saved me from having to compose my thoughts into a cogent reply to David. Transferring my thoughts into text can sometimes have unwanted side effects. I'm also incredibly lazy.

Yeah, but it saved me from having to compose my thoughts into a cogent reply to David. Transferring my thoughts into text can sometimes have unwanted side effects. I'm also incredibly lazy.

I am always delighted to have replies from Mawsley and Macky and always find them composed and cogent.

My guess is that for Leeds fans of my generation my argument stands. However, for younger Leeds fans which will be the majority you may be right and the Revie years are bound to be less relevant.

:038::038: Good one, I honestly thought you were being serious for a minute!

There are so many crazy posters on here that I believed you were suggesting that you can judge how good a player is on 4x sub appearances over 53 minutes.

I'm glad you were only joking...

Although I agree with your point, he does look far too lightweight for this division at the moment and so far I've not seen anything yet to suggest otherwise. If he were to start a game, I could see him being constantly bullied off the ball and making very little impact. Whilst this is just an educated guess on my part, I think most people would also share this concern.

The fact he's only had 53 minutes across 4 games suggests Nigel hasn't seen too much in him since he's been here either.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the player?

I don't think any fan has seen enough of him play to know whether or not he is up for the challenge. What I do know is that it is embarrassing that some are making snap decisions so soon.

My guess is that for Leeds fans of my generation my argument stands.

IMO it's not the best of guesses. I've heard an alternative and equally dubious version of the Stokoe story in which it was the small size of the attempted bribe that annoyed him, not the offering itself. I also don't believe a word of the malicious tripe that wretch Sprake continued to peddle to Fleet Street even when Revie was suffering a long and agonising illness and early death. The Leeds view that it was their opponents' bribing of various refs that led to their failed attempts to win European trophies if anything looks the stronger case as the years roll by.

IIRC the visits of Leeds to Filbo in the 60s were highly entertaining encounters where both sides' counter-punching style (pun intended) gave a feast of fast-moving football. I remember the Knockaert-esque skills of Jimmy Goodfellow giving Willie Bell the runaround in one of the matches. Certainly backed up the assertion the Leeds codgers make that they came to play football - if the opposition wanted to do the other stuff they got it back with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669