Leeds 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the teams the one I most like to beat is Leeds.

The whole history of Leeds since the 1960s is based on corruption. During the 1961-62 season Leeds were in danger of being relegated to the Third Division. We know for a fact that Revie tried to bribe Bob Stokoe the Bury manager to lose the game. Bob Stokoe seems to have told enough people that it is difficult to believe the FA did not hear about it.
Bill McGarry stamped down on attempts to bribe the Wolves players to lose a vital game. Gary Sprake the Leeds goalkeeper has confirmed that this went on.

Obviously we only hear about attempts at bribery that failed. Those bribes should have driven Revie out of the game. Incidentally it seems Brian Clough believed that Revie had bribed at least one referee.

Clearly Revie was a brilliant manager and Leeds have had some brilliant players. Nevertheless his legacy for Leeds was built on corruption and cynicism.

Victory over Leeds is very sweet.

Re: Leeds Leicester 2

He said Gally was a twat

Which is fair enough...

like it.dont tell escos66,he will get upset.

Last edited:
Great result for the lads ...and with quality players linked it is only going to get better.

I like the fact that Sven likes pace in the team....i think the good times are on the horizon :icon_wink

You are crying into your Hovis my son!!!! Dirty Leeds!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnPqpYUnk0[/YOUTUBE]

In general though, that form is much better. It also highlights just how low we had sunk under Sousa.

In general though, that form is much better. It also highlights just how low we had sunk under Sousa.

Agreed. Does anybod think that we would have had this performance under the previous manager bloke?

The ammount of optimisim that has suddenly appeared is heartening.

Last edited:
Home and Away Sven is averaging 2 points a game. End of season total = 84 points. That should secure at least a play-off place.

I'm pissed and it's Stevie howards fault lol - this could prove to be one of the biggest wins in our history - loving every moment of this as me brother in law and me best mate are both Leeds fans - up the table we will go

What did he say?

I always switch off at full time so I don't have to listen to any of the idiots on the phone.

He said it was cold and that he would prefer to talk to Stringer in the tunnel rather than on the edge of pitch.

Top F**king Banana!

Howard used effectively as an impact sub, I assume the shape of the team is much-improved and the new signings look a country mile better than Sousa's efforts.

Next job for Sven...offloading some of the bloat of the side if he can. Lamey, Crnic, Ikeme, and one or two others can be sent happily on their way.

What did he say?

I always switch off at full time so I don't have to listen to any of the idiots on the phone.

He said we should have put the game to bed in the first twenty minutes, it was good that they had few shots, fitness was very up, Naughton could run around forever and Andy King is pretty good.

I suspect many on this forum would have said very similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670