Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? The Mirror is reporting it as a done deal?

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet? The Mirror is reporting it as a done deal?

No. The story in todays mercury suggests the we haven't even spoken to him yet. His agent expects to start negotiations with us in a couple of days. He has also said that Schmeichel has now accepted his future is away from Leeds and that the fact Sven is here is a good sign.

No. The story in todays mercury suggests the we haven't even spoken to him yet. His agent expects to start negotiations with us in a couple of days. He has also said that Schmeichel has now accepted his future is away from Leeds and that the fact Sven is here is a good sign.

Although chances are that interview took place early yesterday to be in todays paper. So we may well be further down the line than that.

Assuming that Schmeichel isn't thinking "oh no, don't want to work for him again"

Interesting. Nice how the tabloids like to jump the gun - check the first line of this article out, based on Kasper's twitter statement the other day:

Kasper Schmeichel has aimed at parting shot at Leeds after joining Leicester

Totally unneccesary!

I'd be happy if we signed him for £1m, as I think he's better than Weale, but I kind of hope we'd still be looking at bringing in another goalkeeper as well and offloading Logan, as I thought Bristol Rovers were keen?

There was Givens, Westwood and the Egyptian goalie who I presume would be placed ahead of Schmeichel, and possibly several others, but their names just seemed to have withered on the speculation grapevine.

There was Givens, Westwood and the Egyptian goalie who I presume would be placed ahead of Schmeichel, and possibly several others, but their names just seemed to have withered on the speculation grapevine.

Perhaps Schmeichel is being brought in as cover for one of the above.

Westwood confirmed transfer to Sunderland today apparently. Always rather unlikely he'd be playing in the champo next season. I'd say the rumours about Given are probably unrealistic too. I think we could do worse than go back to Huddersfield about Smithies, regardless of whether or not Schmeichel comes in.

I don't think anyone would question this deal and make a big thing of it if he didn't carry the name Schmeichel. If he was called Kasper Junker for example then no one really would make so much of a song and dance about it. Looking on the Leeds board I think some of the fans are beginning to realise that maybe it is good business for everyone now. I guess we cant get away from the fact Leeds did ship 70 goals last season and the back 5 does need to be addressed. Highest goal scorers but one of the worst defenses isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Don't think this is by any means a done deal. West Ham and Swansea are both in the hunt for a keeper. Wolves just got themselves a real bargain.

Fourth_Official on Twitter saying Kasper has been sold but doesn't say who to....

Thats because Fourth_Official is a twat
But isn't that where you get all your info from!?I don't know him/her personally but from the short period I have followed him/her on Twitter, the info posted has been far more accurate than anything I have read on here. Couldbt give a toss if they are a twat or not!!

He's now refusing to report what he hears on Leicester because someone upset him last night :icon_lol:

Somebody probably called him a twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670