Leeds match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazzman said:
No posting on there at the moment. Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets is being shown on telly. Hope their parents are around for the scary bits....

joe501 said:
well that was pretty crap. scrappy, and nothing like our performance last week :102:

It was more like our performance last week than most games this season. We passed the ball well, kept it on the ground and had a lot of good possession and plenty of shots. It certainly wasn't crap.
Their second goal was offside - if they hadn't scored then McCarthy would have stayed on the pitch and we'd have had a good chance of winning the game, even after he went off we could have got a draw.

I listened to Radio Leeds after the match, their commentators and lots of callers said we were the best footballing team to play there this season. They said it was the best football Leeds had played at home this season, but they still weren't as good as us. And this is a team in third place.
Playing good football in an entertaining game doesn't guarantee results, but I'd rather we went to places like Leeds and played good football in an attempt to win the game (which we could have done), rather than go looking for a 0-0.

webmaster said:
It was more like our performance last week than most games this season. We passed the ball well, kept it on the ground and had a lot of good possession and plenty of shots. It certainly wasn't crap.
Their second goal was offside - if they hadn't scored then McCarthy would have stayed on the pitch and we'd have had a good chance of winning the game, even after he went off we could have got a draw.

I listened to Radio Leeds after the match, their commentators and lots of callers said we were the best footballing team to play there this season. They said it was the best football Leeds had played at home this season, but they still weren't as good as us. And this is a team in third place.
Playing good football in an entertaining game doesn't guarantee results, but I'd rather we went to places like Leeds and played good football in an attempt to win the game (which we could have done), rather than go looking for a 0-0.

So McCarthy aside you would keep faith with the same side for Stoke then Webbo ?

webmaster said:

Leeds coach John Carver:

"I'm very surprised to see Leicester where they are in the league - they are certainly one of the sides who can be in the top six.

"It was a good game. The first 20 minutes were the best I've seen for a long time, a spectacular advertisement for the Championship."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4472994.stm

highland fox said:
So McCarthy aside you would keep faith with the same side for Stoke then Webbo ?

Yes.

Just reading back some of the earlier posts in this thread it sounds like the commentators were at a different game to me - we'll see whether anyone else agrees with me, I thought we played well.

A couple of people said the our penalty was outside the area (and it looked like it was outside from my position), but the people on Radio Leeds after the game said they'd seen replays and it was definitely inside.

webmaster said:
Yes.

Just reading back some of the earlier posts in this thread it sounds like the commentators were at a different game to me - we'll see whether anyone else agrees with me, I thought we played well.

A couple of people said the our penalty was outside the area (and it looked like it was outside from my position), but the people on Radio Leeds after the game said they'd seen replays and it was definitely inside.

Those two 'commentators' on Radio Leicester are on a different planet nevermind at a different match.
Did you see Joe Webbo..?

Last edited:
webmaster said:
It was a decent turnout, but the away end wasn't full. Wouldn't like to guess how many though!

Were we behind the goal, or in that 'yellow' seated area in the corner ??

The ticket page on official site hasn't been updated, so wasn't sure if you could purchase on the day ?? Sounded alright on the radio when we scored, probably about 1,500 ?

webmaster said:

Completely agree.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
hopefully there aren't many stoke fans that are students in manchester, cus i dont no any other proper leicester fans up here and gona feel a bit out numbered in the pub! fukkin mentalists as well people from stoke are!!!!

which pub do u normally watch city games in in manc?

Graz said:
Paddy got a straight red for dissent? That's not right...

You should have seen the dissent!!

lcfcrules said:
Red card too... McCarthy always has to go over the top...

... dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive or insulting or abusive language/gestures - immediate two game ban - will miss the Stoke and Crewe games.

webmaster said:
We deserved something from the game, definitely. Leeds were not a poor side, and I'm feeling more optimistic after the last week than for a long time.

webmaster said:

:038: :038: For someone who couldn't stay in touch via RL yesterday and was keeping an eye on the scores via Soccer Saturday instead this is a really heartening post. Cheers Jeff!

Let's hope they don't let all us foxiles down with a crap live TV performance on Friday

these recent posts from those who went to the game sound more promising than the commentarry!! im more upbeat now

IMO, we have turned a corner, just a shame we had to come to Elland Road to play Leeds at this time, to be honest we don't deserve to lose matches when we play like that.

Ryan Smith HAS to see the season out here..

i agree with Webbo!

thought we played well. we passed it about nicely and i think a draw would've been a fair result.

as for Paddy's sending off...whilst he was a total plank for carrying on mouthing off after being booked and i don't blame the ref for giving him the red card, i can prefectly understand how angry Paddy(and Maybury) were about the lino cos he had his flag UP for offside for at least 5 seconds(not long but long enough!!) before dropping it.

yes he deserves to be fined cos he's going to miss the next couple of matches but it's great to see him show that much passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00