Post Match Leeds United 0 Leicester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember very fondly the last time won 6 games in a row on our way to the Swindon play-off final. I seem to recall that Julian Joachim returned from England duty at the World youth Cup halfway during the run.

Very , very good win.
Leeds were a fecking horrible team to play against.

We did what we had to.
In the second half did they actually have a chance?
Cardiff last season against us, had 1 chance and took it, when we should have been 3 up.
Sign of champions?

Next four games.
Home - Middlesborough and Watford
Away - Birmingham and Bournemouth.

There's no reason, given that we have our two hardest games at home, that we shouldn't be confident of making it 10 wins on the trot (69 point poins after 30 games). A minimum of 8 points from the 4 games would still leave us in an exceptional position on 65 points after 30 games.

Hopefully De Laet and Moore are OK..

A fantastic result made even sweeter by watching it in the pub with my Leeds supporting work colleague.

I spent 88 minutes wondering how we were not losing. I then spent the remaining 6 minutes in shock. Typical of us this season. Great stuff!

Morgan a rock. Konchesky had a shocker. Thought Moore was a little wobbly today. Drinky and James worked their backsides off as did the front two. Thought they did quite a good job on our wide players. As soon as Lloyd or Knocky got the ball they were swarmed.

Also, I pray and hope we picked up no long term injuries.

Enjoy the evening guys and gals!

Great result, fairly woeful performance (our left back put in one of the worst displays I've seen in many a season).

The subs made a massive difference today. King broke things up and got forward superbly and Phillips was instrumental in the goal.

Special mention for Nuge who has, at times, come in for some stick from our more brain dead fans. 13 goals in 13 games. Chipping in with assists. Works endlessly. Obviously enjoys his job. I think he's one of the very best strikers in the championship and I want to give him a big cuddle.

Last edited:
all that matters is the result in tomorrows papers Leeds 0 Leicestr 1 still above the 2pts/game target that will guarantee prem next season

Some on here are pleased that KP didn't score, however his dummy WAS a critical moment in the game, someone ( I'm to lazy to scroll back and find out who), did wonder if Vardy would have made the same decision, I guess we will never know, but the decision was born out of experience, he knew his strike partner was behind him, he may be 40, but it was very quick thinking, and credit Nugent for converting what was at best a half chance.

We have picked up 25 points on our travels so far. If we had lost them all, we would still only be 3 points behind Leeds who reckon they have a shout at the play offs!

Happy days.

This might be a good time to renovate The Safe House and get it ready for next season.

Leeds who reckon they have a shout at the play offs!

I think they should aim higher than that, perhaps aim for the champions league places. To achieve a one nil home defeat at this level is something very special and they should be confident that they can achieve more defeats this season. I was very impressed.

Personally I reckon it´s getting a bit boring winning every match......Pea-son out!!

Agreed. I want a good moan in a while. Pearson isn't letting me do that. Where's Craig Levein when you need him?

Some on here are pleased that KP didn't score,

I suspect that no-one here is actually pleased that he didn't score.

He showed today why he's been signed, we showed far more potential to unlock the defence with his movement and touch than we had, today, with our wingers. A very good option to have on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669