Post Match Leeds United 0 Leicester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should aim higher than that, perhaps aim for the champions league places. To achieve a one nil home defeat at this level is something very special and they should be confident that they can achieve more defeats this season. I was very impressed.
Very funny Fitz, made me chuckle that.

predicted in pre-match 0-1 with Philips grabbing the winner in the 88th min... happy that it was Nugent instead.

Fantastic Foxes.

Phillips effected a dummy, laid on a chance for King and hit a shot not far over in his short time on the pitch. I think he showed that he will be a good impact sub and act as a good mentor to the likes of Vardy and Wood who are earlier on in their careers than the most prolific championship striker we've had in years: Sir David of Nugent. England's most prolific goals per game international striker!

Don't want to tempt fate but at the hour mark none of QPR, Burnley or Derby are winning.

Last edited:
My Man of the Match was Kasper who twice saved us when most goalkeepers would have been beaten. Leeds fans may wonder why theor club let him go so easily.
My Idiot of the Match was Knockaert. After getting one silly booking he did another pointless foul and with a different referee would have got a second yellow.
Konch was very poor and I wondered whether he was still suffering from the knock against Derby.

It is noticeable that Vardy usually does not complete games. Of course, he more than makes up for it by his work rate during the first 70 minutes or so. Taylor-Fletcher and the disappointing Wood have not been adequate substitutes. Certainly Phillips coming on was a good substitution.

My Man of the Match was Kasper who twice saved us when most goalkeepers would have been beaten. Leeds fans may wonder why theor club let him go so easily.
My Idiot of the Match was Knockaert. After getting one silly booking he did another pointless foul and with a different referee would have got a second yellow.
Konch was very poor and I wondered whether he was still suffering from the knock against Derby.

It is noticeable that Vardy usually does not complete games. Of course, he more than makes up for it by his work rate during the first 70 minutes or so. Taylor-Fletcher and the disappointing Wood have not been adequate substitutes. Certainly Phillips coming on was a good substitution.

I'd be interested to see the stats on how long Vardy does stay on for, on average.

Honestly, it just looked like a shoulder barge to me, would've been scandalous if he'd gotten a 2nd booking for it, shouldn't even have been a free-kick.

Brown however should've been sent off for leaving his foot in for a vicious challenge on Moore. The sky commentators were bizarrely praising the admittedly good original challenge but ignoring him deliberately leave his foot in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670