Leeds Utd away 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so gutted. we could have been pulling away nicely. Yes other results went our way so it's not the end of the world. MK Dons look the other form team at the moment though so we have to keep ahead of them.

It sounded like we were solid today, and up to the goal Martin had had a good game. I don't rate Martin but I don't think he is as shit as people make out. There is no way we should be saying "be happy with a point" Leeds have been dreadful lately even with Beckford back today they must feel very relieved to have held us.

Tbh i dont think this was ever going to be an easy game for us.
Imo disappointment is over-riding common sense with folk on here.
The all important thing is we started the day 4pts ahead of 3rd place and ended it 5pts clear. And thats with one of the hardest fixtures of the season out of the way.

Got back half hour ago, why the f*** do we sit back sit back with 10 5 mins to go, absolutely awful defending, per usual. :icon_evil

Last edited:
The all important thing is we started the day 4pts ahead of 3rd place and ended it 5pts clear. And thats with one of the hardest fixtures of the season out of the way.

My point exactly, well said. I said all the way one point is ok, of course I was gutted too but this was not just a game against a midtable team, it was a game against Leeds who were desperate to grab a point for their new manager. Hereford next is a must win though.

Before the game I would've taken a point, what with knowing how teams tend to pick up suddenly once a manager has been sacked,but I certainly wsn't happy with a point at the final whistle.

A poor game, dominated by a ref who should've given Leeds at least four yellows for reckless and cynical fouls but didn't. Plus several other decisions which he didn't have a feckin clue on.
I had the local radio on and a text into them said they had lost the last 10 times he had reffed a Leeds game, so expected him to be totally biased against the home side... HA!

Our goal was well worked and tbh we had enough possession and half chances to get more, but we sat back more and more and when the move started that eventually led to goal I had the feeling that they'd score, far too much space given out wide our side second half.

As for the Leeds fans, you'd think they'd scored in a Cup Final, the celebrating they were doing, but it was pretty much the first time we'd heard them all game, in what was of course their biggest game of the season.

So no, I'm not bloody happy with a point.

I do agree with you, but, ignoring what was expected of the game before hand.

We put in a solid performance were winning in injury time. Restricted them to a few chances other results were going our way and then we conceeded poorly.

Therefore I am very dissapointed.

As for the Leeds fans, you'd think they'd scored in a Cup Final, the celebrating they were doing, but it was pretty much the first time we'd heard them all game, in what was of course their biggest game of the season.

agree with all you say, and this bit is so true and a testiment to how far they have fallen over the years :icon_lol:

Just got back, Exactly what beaumont fox said except I think Leeds should have scored in the first half with one of their two chances (if they were any good anyway). Overall a fair result, it was a shite game begging for either team to pull their fingers out and score.

Very pissed off. If there's any team to concede a last-minute goal to, it's these ****s. When you're top, you expect the very best and we could have been 7 points clear of 3rd today.

Usual Citeh although, never simple. Glad I didn't go, I'd have probably kicked off with some their ****s celebrating liked they'd won the FA Cup.

All you lot that were happy with a point, would you have been happy with a point against Peterborough?

All you lot that were happy with a point, would you have been happy with a point against Peterborough?
I think it's all a bit moot really - on paper a point away at Leeds is a decent return. In the event, it was disappointing.

I doubt anyone would say they'd be happy with a point at home to Peterborough. But, if we'd been 3-0 down with five minutes to go and then went on to get a point, you might get a different reaction.

Win at home, don't lose away - win the league. Beyond that the details don't really matter IMO.

win the league - beyond that details don't matter.

Got back half hour ago, why the f*** do we sit back sit back with 10 5 mins to go, absolutely awful defending, per usual. :icon_evil

Yes.....your'e summary is as incisive as ever.

I just wonder how you would try to explain how a team which is top of the league with two league defeats all season does it with what you call "awful defending, per usual"?

They had 12 men from the start,the ref was a twat as said by BF,why the hell we sat back i will never know two points dropped IMO.

They best win sunday or this result will mean ferk all.

still had a good day though .

4pts from Posh at home followed by Leeds away is not a bad return.
If they beat Hereford then 7pts over christmas makes it a decent week imo. A reminder to all those that are still mulling over yesterday.......we are not that good. Better than most if not all in this league, but certainly not world beaters.
A little perspective please !!!!

Better than most if not all in this league, but certainly not world beaters.
A little perspective please !!!!
I think you need the perspective, BB. Nobody is expecting us to be world beaters, just better than the rest of our league, as you pointed out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669