Pre Match Leeds v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be too bad to come away with a point from a potentially tricky away fixture. Ties between Leicester and Leeds are normally quite close run things. If it's not a draw I'd expect there'll only be one goal in it either way. Heart says 2-1 Leicester, head says 2-2.

Reading through some of the Leeds forums I am surprised that they are calling for 36 year old Michael Brown as their potential saviour. A player that can lead from the middle. Can we really lose to this lot. Their team seems to be so limited. If we play to our potential we must surely win this at a canter. I will be off down the bookies in the morning to put my money on Leeds. :icon_bigg

We've got to win this. I'll be watching it in a pub here in MK with a Leeds supporting work colleague. I'll not live it down if we were to lose this.

It is an excellent article and well worth reading. Brian McDermott's comments are self serving. He wants patience from the board and the fans. Of course comments can be self serving but also be quite right.

I'd rather face a team on a winning streak than a losing one.

Leeds will be desperate to avoid defeat and knowing their manager in this situation that means ugly tough football and plenty of lumping it.

I'd be happy with a draw at Elland Road.

It's going to be tough.

If a club is on a winning streak it is often because they have good players who blend well together e.g. Leicester at the moment. Leicester players will be full of respect for each other. This is not likely to be true of Leeds after last week.

After Sheffield Wednesday the Leeds defence will want to calm things down. Vardy does not calm defences down. I do not usually make predictions but I would not be surprised if Vardy gains us another penalty.

Wouldn't be too bad to come away with a point from a potentially tricky away fixture. Ties between Leicester and Leeds are normally quite close run things. If it's not a draw I'd expect there'll only be one goal in it either way. Heart says 2-1 Leicester, head says 2-2.

Shaun, this is not directed specifically at you.

But in every pre-match thread there is at least one of these posts. This will be a tough game because they just lost 6-0. This will be a tough game cos they've won their last 5 matches. I'd take a point cos they are in the bottom 3 and will be scrapping really hard. I'd take a point cos they are in the top 6. This will be tough because historically we don't beat them .... blah, blah, blah.

Not every game is as potentially difficult as some constantly make out. Obviously if we are a goal down in injury time I'd take a point. But this is not a game that we should be going in to with the mindset that a point would be a good outcome. Based on last weekends performances alone, not to mention the season as a whole where we have been 19 points better than them, this is a game that we should be looking to win. Anything less than three points will be points lost.

Last edited:
Leeds are at morale and no Plan B rock-bottom. Similar score line to both teams last week. Leicester will win by something between 4-1 and 6-0.

Leeds are at morale and no Plan B rock-bottom. Similar score line to both teams last week. Leicester will win by something between 4-1 and 6-0.
That' a 2-0 home win nailed on then. This will be a very difficult game, Leeds will have had their arses kicked all week by their manager. They will be up for this and they are at home. I'd settle for a draw TBH. Not many teams will win at Elland Road between now and the end of the season IMO.

I think it will be tough. They'll come out kicking, and they're the kind of games we've struggled with in the past.

We've won 5 in a row and they've lost 4 in a row... It looks winnable, but it's not an easy game. Early goal for us though and I think they'll crumble

Last edited:
This wont be easy

1st goal is going to be massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573