Post Match Leicester 0 - 1 Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is considerable feeling expressed in this thread but the time for this has been and gone.

Enough has been said about the failings within the squad and the management. The plot was lost some time ago now, tonight was no surprise to anyone surely? All we can do is take some relief from the fact that relegation isn't a threat and await the new set up for next season.

I can't see any point in attending another game this season so I doubt if I will. It's pretty sad viewing to be honest and I think too much of this club to fall out of love with it so.

Once again tonight we played with heart but zero intelligence. Millwall were diabolical. Fancy having a one man advantage for almost the entire match and play one attacker and give the impression that a point was an achievement. I was genuinely disgusted that their approach yielded three points.

The fact that it did says an awful lot about what is wrong with us but we've been over that ground ad nauseum. The sending off was correct. Despite this, we could fairly easily have gone on to win but insanity prevailed once again.

Keane did well I thought. Nobody else.

What about Schmeichel?

What about Schmeichel?

I'm generally a fan but, on this occasion, I thought his distribution was shite and he ponced about too much. With one exception, none of his saves were anything special either. In general terms, he's a shadow of the outstanding keeper we saw last season. Another one going backwards fast under this management.

Christ cried, I came here to see if anyone was actually talking about the game and all I could find was the usual 'Pearson out' stuff, a stream of gibberish from ****ing Joe_Fox and some tedious back and forth bollocks between drew and Matt. It's like ****ing Foxestalk in here.

Jeff, no, the STFU comment is in this thread. It's still there. Post number 53.

Now... how did Wes Morgan play?

Worse then getting relegated to League 1 for the first time in our history?

YES! MUCH WORSE

For a large part of that season we were poor and fighting nothing more than a relegation battle which we ultimately lost. During this season we were at one point TOP OF THE ****ING LEAGUE. So yes, to go from being top of the table to finishing outside of the top six would be worse.

Worse then getting relegated to League 1 for the first time in our history?

Disappointing not worse. There's a huge difference. I made a similar comment a few weeks back and I still stick by it.

The season we got relegated was horrible but it was a season that never really promised much and which just spiraled further and further.

This season has been so promising for prolonged periods and I genuinely felt we had a decent chance of promotion. This season has been entirely different and promised so much. Having sat in the automatic places for short periods and with a healthy cushion between us and the chasing pack only a few weeks ago, we were all almost certain that we would reach the play offs at least. To throw it away like we currently are, will certainly make this one of the most disappointing seasons I've ever had as a supporter

Keep licking the shit from Pearsons arse.

Some sad people who seem totally happy with regular defeats on here, I hope you aren't as bigger losers in your own lives.

How people can be so happy to see us piss away the best chance of promotion in 10 years is beyond me, fecking losers.

Posting two threads (now deleted) to say Pearson has been sacked is not clever or funny.

New threads to the forum are automatically tweeted, so you've made us look like the sort of site that starts unfounded Twitter rumours. There are enough twats doing that without us joining in.

Is that against the rules then?

:081:
As long as we do our jobs today, it is another week where every result has gone for us.

Gutted with the result thought the team gave their all, can't believe the negativity given we had our captain sent off within the first 3 minutes. Thought the level of effort and commitment was excellent. Only surprise was that Pearson didn't bring on dyer in place of wood and try to use his pace. I thought the application and the reaction of the players show they are still fighting for the manager, would be very disappointed if Pearson was to lose his job off the back of that result.

There is considerable feeling expressed in this thread but the time for this has been and gone.

Enough has been said about the failings within the squad and the management. The plot was lost some time ago now, tonight was no surprise to anyone surely? All we can do is take some relief from the fact that relegation isn't a threat and await the new set up for next season.

Absolutely right - but it would have been expecting too much for the owners/ their advisors to read the situation and we would have had the Matt B's of this world falling around in shock horror if Pearson had been despatched when there was still time to do much about it.

If there is an extraordinary candidate available then bring him in - but I doubt it.

Greggs etc etc makes an interesting point later the thread re the astonishing collapse in form from a position of strength. I've been following the club for circa 60 years and I've seen plenty of diappointments. But I'm challenged to remember any parallel collapse to the last couple of months. It sort have started with the strange circumstances surrounding the omission of Chris Wood and the virtual gift through selection of the FA Cup replay to Huddersfield. It all feels to me self-inflicted.

I'd take pleasure in Pearson leaving the club today but I'm pretty sure his leaving party will be in May.

I'd take pleasure in Pearson leaving the club today but I'm pretty sure his leaving party will be in May.
I didn't want the bloke back in the first place but with what followed the departure of Sven I'm concerned history will repeat itself and we'll not get the man we want and have to make do. Assuming of course that Hull's manager at the time wasn't top of our list.

I didn't want the bloke back in the first place but with what followed the departure of Sven I'm concerned history will repeat itself and we'll not get the man we want and have to make do. Assuming of course that Hull's manager at the time wasn't top of our list.

We've done it repeatedly for the last 10 years. Surely at some point we have to realise that the hire 'em, fire 'em approach just isn't working for us and is costing a fortune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669