Post Match Leicester 0 - 1 Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want the bloke back in the first place but with what followed the departure of Sven I'm concerned history will repeat itself and we'll not get the man we want and have to make do. Assuming of course that Hull's manager at the time wasn't top of our list.

I understand that. My pleasure at the thought of Pearson leaving is simply based on my take that he has stuffed up the season by wilful bad decision making. He never seems to learn anything.
That said when he goes I'll be really surprised if we can attract the sort of manager that we need to turn expectations into reality particularly because the financial scope for strengthening the squad looks to have hit the buffers,

We've done it repeatedly for the last 10 years. Surely at some point we have to realise that the hire 'em, fire 'em approach just isn't working for us and is costing a fortune?

Maybe we just don't hire the right men for the job?

Maybe we just don't hire the right men for the job?

Matt B seems to think that if you have a succession of unsuccessfulmanagers then the best thing to do is to stick with the latest of the breed - in the hope that one day he will magically turn into a successful manager. I don't think so.

This is going to be a difficult summer. I don't think that the owners will feel able to market the club for next season wuth Pearson at the helm - but they surely won't like the financial implications - it all makes me concerned about the replacement prospects.

Another season destined to finish early, imo pointless to sack NP until the end of the season, last night was not fully his fault i suppose, but its his team his tactics etc his responsibility. I have to say last nights team selection was the eleven i would have picked, but too many players are letting him down or simply arent good enough. Im not a fan of continually changing managers, but it needs to be done, although NP gave us hope at times (even winning most of us over at times), i doubt he is the long term answer to our needs

If you think your season is over, then it is. If you think you are still in the fight, then you are. Replace 'you' with 'the team','the manager','the owners' as required.

If you think your season is over, then it is. If you think you are still in the fight, then you are. Replace 'you' with 'the team','the manager','the owners' as required.

:038:

Last nights result rests on Morgan's shoulders IMO, if you play so long with 10 men you expect to lose.

If however we had shown even average form over the last 2 months our season could have coped with such an eventuality.

Last nights result rests on Morgan's shoulders IMO, if you play so long with 10 men you expect to lose.If however we had shown even average form over the last 2 months our season could have coped with such an eventuality.
Ffs, the guy lost his footing from what I saw. And what the pundits saw.Blame the ground staff instead, or the boot boy.

Matt B seems to think that if you have a succession of unsuccessfulmanagers then the best thing to do is to stick with the latest of the breed - in the hope that one day he will magically turn into a successful manager. I don't think so.

This is going to be a difficult summer. I don't think that the owners will feel able to market the club for next season wuth Pearson at the helm - but they surely won't like the financial implications - it all makes me concerned about the replacement prospects.

yep, that's what I said.

As pissed off and depressed as I was last night. Mainly because a point was worthy largely due to Millwall being total shit with zero creativity. It took a mishit cross for the winner.

I really can't understand the anger of our fans now. The situation is here now, we have a mini season and we have to try to build some form in the process making the top six. Pearson surely will be gone at the end of the season but he won't be going this season. So constantly moaning and bickering is ultimately pointless, just sit tight, get behind them like last night. Fingers crossed the form will come, if it doesn't we will be in the second tier as most of our history.

But some managers can learn from failures. Not saying Pearson will but Mackay at Cardiff ran out of steam last season. This season they've added few bits here and there, bigger squad and ignored the cup competitions. Just a little bit more streetwise.

That said the best shout I heard all week was that Big Sam would be here next season once West Spam decide not to keep him on.

For what it's worth I thought the players battled admirably (mostly) after Morgan rightly got sent off, he had his arm right across the man and brought him down, he has got away with similar bundling challenges and this one caught him out.

However, Millwall were absolutely the biggest waste of space I have seen come to Leicester, I can only imagine their brief was to lose the game 1-0 before morgan got sent off because after that they seemed entirely focused on getting a 0-0.

We huffed and puffed but ultimately we had no link up play and Nugent and Wood played like they had never met before. Imo Konchesky should have gone off (he was dog shit again) and Whitbread should have come on, then we could have at least given Shluppypants a crack in his actual position rather than ****ing him around all over the place.

Harry Kane will never ever play a 1st team game for Spurs again, the lad is totally out of his depth, I have no idea why Norwich had him in the top tier.

I am disappointed with the result simply because Millwall didn't once make the advantage obvious in 90 minutes, they were happy to draw and if we had any creativity or firepower we would have won that game easily, even with 10.

I'm not sure of the stats but it seemed we barely registered a shot in the 2nd half, which we had enough possession to do.

Ultimately every game now becomes must win, sadly if we drop out of the play-offs today then we have worked ourselves from 2nd in the league to relying on other teams to allow us back into the play-offs, overall that is utterly depressing stuff.

I'm sorry but how is Pearson getting so much stick for this defeat?

Wes Morgan got sent off after 2 ****ing minutes! They had an extra player for virtually the entire game - and we held on for most of that. A draw in the circumstances of the match would've been a decent result - was gutting to lose it at the end, but it was a massive challenge from the moment Morgan got sent off.

We were on top for most of the last 20 minutes so I can understand Pearson not making more subs; Millwall were fouling us all over the place.

Disappointing result, but I think Morgan needs to be taking a lot of the blame for this one!

For what it's worth I thought the players battled admirably (mostly) after Morgan rightly got sent off, he had his arm right across the man and brought him down, he has got away with similar bundling challenges and this one caught him out.

However, Millwall were absolutely the biggest waste of space I have seen come to Leicester, I can only imagine their brief was to lose the game 1-0 before morgan got sent off because after that they seemed entirely focused on getting a 0-0.

We huffed and puffed but ultimately we had no link up play and Nugent and Wood played like they had never met before. Imo Konchesky should have gone off (he was dog shit again) and Whitbread should have come on, then we could have at least given Shluppypants a crack in his actual position rather than ****ing him around all over the place.

Harry Kane will never ever play a 1st team game for Spurs again, the lad is totally out of his depth, I have no idea why Norwich had him in the top tier.

I am disappointed with the result simply because Millwall didn't once make the advantage obvious in 90 minutes, they were happy to draw and if we had any creativity or firepower we would have won that game easily, even with 10.

I'm not sure of the stats but it seemed we barely registered a shot in the 2nd half, which we had enough possession to do.

Ultimately every game now becomes must win, sadly if we drop out of the play-offs today then we have worked ourselves from 2nd in the league to relying on other teams to allow us back into the play-offs, overall that is utterly depressing stuff.

Agree with pretty much everything here. Hopefully the fact that Kane isn't starting will out to bed the idea that we sign players on loan under the proviso that they play. I don't think he played much for Norwich did he?

Wes Morgan got sent off after 2 ****ing minutes! They had an extra player for virtually the entire game - and we held on for most of that. A draw in the circumstances of the match would've been a decent result - was gutting to lose it at the end, but it was a massive challenge from the moment Morgan got sent off.

We were on top for most of the last 20 minutes so I can understand Pearson not making more subs; Millwall were fouling us all over the place.

Disappointing result, but I think Morgan needs to be taking a lot of the blame for this one!

I've still not seen it again but it also looked to me that Konchesky was out of position meaning Morgan had to catch up with the player.

Is he getting stick for this result alone? If we had been on a winning run then I think the mood would be lighter. The context matters. Not that we were at all impressive last night, even considering we were down to ten for the whole game. We didn't create an opening all game. I keep hearing people compliment the team for 'battling' or being 'committed'. I'm still not sure why people think that's laudable.

Is he getting stick for this result alone? If we had been on a winning run then I think the mood would be lighter. The context matters. Not that we were at all impressive last night, even considering we were down to ten for the whole game. We didn't create an opening all game. I keep hearing people compliment the team for 'battling' or being 'committed'. I'm still not sure why people think that's laudable.

One of the criticisms that have been levelled at the players recently, rightly, is that some look like they haven't been bothered and there has been talk of them not wanting to play for Pearson. Performances like last night say otherwise to me and are worth talking about. It really is a depressing place when people only talk about negative things.

One of the criticisms that have been levelled at the players recently, rightly, is that some look like they haven't been bothered and there has been talk of them not wanting to play for Pearson. Performances like last night say otherwise to me and are worth talking about. It really is a depressing place when people only talk about negative things.

What positivity is there to talk about right now?

It's just that I don't see them working hard as being a positive worth talking about. It's the bare minimum I expect and smacks of straw clutching. They should be criticised when they aren't putting effort in. That's deserved. Doing the bare minimum isn't something even worth acknowledging.

I honestly cannot see a positive from last night. Perhaps people will just take anything they can get after our recent form. People are only taking about negative things because the're only getting negative things from the team and management. When things are bad I will say so, last night was bad. I'll be the first to give credit when it's due.

I was cheering them on last night and singing Pearson's name. When I'm there they get my full support. In return I will be as negative as the performance makes me feel once I'm out of the ground.

What's this about 'performances like last night'? We were awful. We didn't create a single chance against a poor side. That's unacceptable, red card or not. Are standards really that low?

Last edited:
It's just that I don't see them working hard as being a positive worth talking about. It's the bare minimum I expect and smacks of straw clutching. They should be criticised when they aren't putting effort in. That's deserved. Doing the bare minimum isn't something even worth acknowledging.

I honestly cannot see a positive from last night. Perhaps people will just take anything they can get after our recent form. People are only taking about negative things because the're only getting negative things from the team and management. When things are bad I will say so, last night was bad. I'll be the first to give credit when it's due.

I was cheering them on last night and singing Pearson's name. When I'm there they get my full support. In return I will be as negative as the performance makes me feel once I'm out of the ground.

That's fine, you asked why people were commenting on them putting in the effort that they did so I offered a possible explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669