Post Match Leicester 0 - Hull 1

Behave. Of course there was an ambition to win the game. To suggest otherwise is just silly. Pumping balls forward and playing at 100 miles an hour is not ambitious.
You've misinterpreted what I meant. I mean there is no real drive to force a chance. I am not saying a long ball or playing along those lines. Although sometimes direct football doesn't hurt. We are to happy to be patient to a fault. I'd like to see a bit more of attacking aggression and some guile. A central player to turn towards there goal and run at them rather than the pedestrian passing through. A bit of variety.

Well I’ve had a lovely day so far. Cracking work golf day with a couple of beers afterwards. Just about to head out for a well earned few pints.

Sounds like I didn’t miss much today, which is a shame, as the more momentum we can build at the start of the season, the better. Hopefully we can bounce back in our next game.

Had a nostalgia trip today: -]

Back in the 80's, we had Stevie Lynex out on the wing, one particular game , the ball wouldn't get out to him, the crowd were shouting at the team to give him the ball.
it eventually did.

Today when our latest recruit came on, number 18, showed what he could do, early doors, the crowd started to wish the ball to him.

Oh for the halcyon days of yesterday!!!!

a very good debut

First half was total shit. Second half less so, but still not quite good enough

The ‘system’ relies heavily on two very wide attacking wingers, with two dynamic number 8s supporting them in the middle. Neither Ndidi nor KDH fit that role. Playing them together is, well, pretty stupid really. The were both as bad as each other, really, and either could have been hooked. It all improved significantly as soon as Casadei replaced one of them.

Sadly Yunus was also very poor, but not helped by having the support of Ndidi. Fatuwa was very lively, but benefited greatly from the support he got from Casadei.

Doyle had a mare, and was roasted again and again. Not helped by having lurch alongside of him, but he was still a massive weak spot from the first minute and at fault for the goal

Most frustrating player for me was Faes, who slowed every single thing down when we were in possession. When we are trying to break at pace he dwells on the ball sooooo ****ing long that the opposition has all the time in the world to recover. He has been, he is, and he always will be, dog filth. Not quite sure who our captain is (Ricardo?), but he needs a ****ing good and constant shouting at to keep him on track

Mcateer was great, imo, big shame he got hooked cos he didn’t deserve it.

We were always going to lose one as we get used to this stuff - such a shame it was against such a genuinely characterless side as Hull

I thought Mcateer tried hard but did nothing well. Not sure where people were seeing a great performance if I'm honest.

One thing is for sure, if he doesn't drop Wilf or KDH next game he's a nutter

Well, it was one of those.

It was a pretty atrocious debut for Akgun, made to look even worse when we bought on an actual footballer in Fatawu. KDH was totally anonymous and Iheanacho was useless yet again.

We were much, much better in the second half but we must, must play the ball quicker. We were painfully slow at times and spent so many minutes passing backwards and sideways.

In terms of the back line, I think Vestergaard and Faes were fine defensively but Vestergaard is another who had to learn to pass the ball quicker. Doyle was sensationally shit.

Overall, Casadei should.start over KDH, Fatawu should start over Akgun, Vardy or Cannon should start over Iheanacho

Sadly I'm at my estate in Italy for a while longer so couldn't make it today.
Most on the Hull board think we were lucky to get away with 3 minutes extra time. I reckon one more minute could have seen you win it.
Big Nige tearing up trees in Bristol.
You know you want him.....

Sadly I'm at my estate in Italy for a while longer so couldn't make it today.
Most on the Hull board think we were lucky to get away with 3 minutes extra time. I reckon one more minute could have seen you win it.
Big Nige tearing up trees in Bristol.
You know you want him.....
He's got a tent.

So, 20+ shots but only 1 on target. Were people just blasting it into Row Z from 30 yards, or heading over from 6 feet away? How ca professionals get it so wrong? Are they just panicking to get a shot away?

Ze system is all zat matters!

Well done to Liam Rosenior who became the first opposing manager to bother to watch us play and set up to frustrate us and open us up on the break. He won't be the last to do it.

Hull thoroughly deserved their win. We were excellent for about 10% of the game and boring beyond belief for the other 90%. Even with four changes in personnel, the set up was exactly the same.

Fatawa at least attempted to do the unexpected. That will soon be drummed out of him. Dewsbury-Hall was awful once again. Always in the wrong place and always making the wrong decision. Yet again, I thought Ndidi was harshly treated by being withdrawn ahead of him.

McAteer did well for me and I don't know why he was taken off for Mavididi who was poor again. I've not been convinced by Doyle but I think criticism of him today is harsh. He was expected to do so much running to cover space everywhere and he just ran out of legs. He could do with a break but he will be joining up with the England U21s.

After a result perfect August, I fear that we'll get a few beatings this month.
That system line of yours is getting a bit repetitive now.
And yes, we have a manager who has a defined and distinguishable pattern of play (that in the last 5 games has seen us be victorious). What exactly is wrong with that?

Where is the evidence that this manager will drum the unexpected out if Fatawu’s game?
(there isn’t any but I’m sure you’ll make something up and frame it as fact).

You've misinterpreted what I meant. I mean there is no real drive to force a chance. I am not saying a long ball or playing along those lines. Although sometimes direct football doesn't hurt. We are to happy to be patient to a fault. I'd like to see a bit more of attacking aggression and some guile. A central player to turn towards there goal and run at them rather than the pedestrian passing through. A bit of variety.
Sorry I misunderstood your post. Turns out, we agree .

I'm noticing a wonderfully silly split between our supporters.

The 'get it forward' brigade vs. the 'pseudo analysts'. Despite what you may expect, it is not determined by age. It's clear that you can be an old analyst or a junior lump it merchant.

The honesty comes from the 'get on with its'. They know what they want to see and they will just shout for it. The new innovation are the clever dicks who know exactly why that pass was to him instead of to him and spout the trendy 'breaking the lines' horseshit constantly.

The shouts of frustration from the analysts come when a passing lane is missed. 'Oh for goodness sake Doyle, didn't you see the inverted run from the number 8 into the number 6 position. It was sooo obvious?'.

My quandry is that I don't know which camp to join. I've never been an advocate of the lump it approach to football but the overcomplication of a simple game isn't something I enjoy either.

“A central player to run at them …”
Thought we had one of those. Oh, that was Maddison. Who is his replacement in the door?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463