Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTFF have penguins got to do with a game of football?

You might also want to enquire of John Lewis what penguins have to do with retailing.

Good performance - never thought that we would get hammered.

No points for losing good performances and our position is pretty much hopeless with opponents doing enough to win. However, Pearson and the players sticking at it whioch is to their credit.

No point in changing manager nor messing about with any serious spending in the transfer market. Club should review situation at end of season and probably stick with Pearson who is very good at challenging for promotion. Then if we do get another chance in the Premier Leagues they should get serious next time round about strengthening the squad to be able to compete.

Good performance - never thought that we would get hammered.

No points for losing good performances and our position is pretty much hopeless with opponents doing enough to win. However, Pearson and the players sticking at it whioch is to their credit.

No point in changing manager nor messing about with any serious spending in the transfer market. Club should review situation at end of season and probably stick with Pearson who is very good at challenging for promotion. Then if we do get another chance in the Premier Leagues they should get serious next time round about strengthening the squad to be able to compete.

Maybe the approach should be (if we go down that is) to try and recruit players with a proven Premier pedigree in the summer to give us not only a very good chance of promotion but also a head start to teh next season?

That is of course based on anyone wanting us to join us...

West Ham away next game lads and lasses. looking forward to our first win in quite some time...

...probably not!

Penguin = Snow

Snow = Christmas

Simples

If it were that simples, couldn't it also apply to December football? More snow falls on football pitches than in shops.

Maybe the approach should be (if we go down that is) to try and recruit players with a proven Premier pedigree in the summer to give us not only a very good chance of promotion but also a head start to teh next season?

That is of course based on anyone wanting us to join us...

I doubt whether the owners would be prepared to pay Premier League wages in the Championship.

I also think that this season has brought home to us the vast difference between the two leagues and part of this is that Premier League players won't want to play in the Championship.

Don't think we can take promotion for granted (in saying that I'm obviously taking relegation for granted this season - which I more or less am on the basis that we have the weakest squad in the league and miles off track on points gained). It often doesn't work like that - but if we did get an instant return then a puzzle arises for the owners (if Pearson) is still in place i.e. is he likely to do any better next time round?

There is general support for Pearson at the moment- and quite rightly so but I wouldn't assume that will continue unlrss there is at least a flourish of a revival. He is still a standout favourite with the bookies as the next Premier League manager to leave.

Getting better over the last few games. Looks like we'll be bottom at Christmas. Perhaps that's good in a way, means we have something to aim for in being only the second ever side to bounce back from that in the Prem and not get relegated. Prove the doubters wrong.

Couple of good additions in January, really need to sure up a lot at the back and bring in some proven Premiership experienced defenders. Jermain Defoe would be feckin sweet too.

Penguin = Snow

Snow = Christmas

Simples
Penguins = Snow
Snow = Xmas
Xmas = Santa
Santa = North Pole
North Pole= Polar Bears

We're doomed, the shift of the magnetic poles is on! And the penguins are doomed as well. And Santa doesn't exist.

Boooooo! John Lewis out!

Last edited:
I can only see us getting about 20 points this season. They have gone from very good to pathetic and embarrassing. Pearson doesn't seem to have the tactical nous for this division.
Burnley have largely the same squad as last season, and yet they are better organised and competitive than us. We have waited 10 years for this and so far it's been disappointing.
As much as I like Pearson he needs to be replaced.

I can see why Stringer was booted off that shit Alan Sugar show early doors now, his comments re spending whatever Defoe wants were cringe worthy, I also hate the way his opinion is always put across as fact, prick.

One point about yesterday that stood out for me. We need to settle on what Cambiasso's role in the team is.

Cambiasso is pretty clearly our best player so he has to play and we have to use him in his most effective role. He's always been a holding midfielder but playing him there for us may be a waste when he's easily our best passer and creator in midfield too. The issue is he's trying to do all of these roles and the shape and balance in there is suffering as a result.

When we play three in central midfield, one needs to hold in front of the back four. None of the three we played yesterday did this. The other two can either work together or one sits more whilst the other tries to find space further forward. These two need to have very high energy levels.

I don't think Cambiasso and Drinkwater playing together works unless they are given clearly distinct roles. This is a major tactical error we've been making repeatedly this season. Several times yesterday, they both wanted to do the same things and take up the same positions.

The obvious comparison is with our terrific midfield of Lennon - Savage - Izzet where all three were totally different players with totally different, but complementary, roles in the side. Respectively, the holding player, the pest and the creator.

We have six potential midfielders: Cambiasso, Hammond, James, Drinkwater, King and Powell. We need to combine a three that allows each to have a specific role that they then stick to. Our shape, balance and effectiveness would all benefit hugely from this.

I can only see us getting about 20 points this season. They have gone from very good to pathetic and embarrassing. Pearson doesn't seem to have the tactical nous for this division.
Burnley have largely the same squad as last season, and yet they are better organised and competitive than us. We have waited 10 years for this and so far it's been disappointing.
As much as I like Pearson he needs to be replaced.

Are you for real? How can you describe yesterday's showing as pathetic and embarrassing? Were you even there?

Are you for real? How can you describe yesterday's showing as pathetic and embarrassing? Were you even there?

I didn't see yesterday's game but to only lose narrowly to Man City is good going even judging purely by the result. Some people will not be able to see beyond previous dire results and shitty performances though.

I refuse to attack the poster, and will concentrate on the post

Therefore, that post is a complete and utter load of shite, and sounds like it was written by someone who most obviously did not see the game yesterday or, if they did, is clearly incapable if understanding what they witnessed

Therefore, that post is a complete and utter load of shite, and sounds like it was written by someone who most obviously did not see the game yesterday or, if they did, is clearly incapable if understanding what they witnessed
:icon_lol:

I wasn't at the game, and I really hope we do improve, but having only one shot on target and the way we defended tells it's own tale.
Last season the players improved immeasurably but this season they seem to have regressed. It's more the organisation and the way the team is defending that annoys me. At least Burnley have given themselves a chance of staying up by organised defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566