Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can only have a valid opinion if you attend the game?
If you say the way they are playing is pathetic and embarrassing, your opinion isn't very valid if you weren't there (or watched online or on tv.) It wouldn't be very valid if you said they played fantastic and deserved to win either.

For the record; I haven't seen anything of the game so I wouldn't know if they played well or not. So I post more about penguins and e-mail harrasment instead.

Last edited:

Not suggesting that at all. But in your case, if you are basing your opinion on radio commentary or text updates or whatever then I would suggest that the people who were actually there saw something quite different.

A few months ago I bought my wife a new MP3 player. It has a built in radio so she took it to one of our earlier matches because she thought it would be nice to hear commentary at the same time as watching the game. After ten minutes she turned it off with the observation "is Stringer watching the same game as us"?

Not suggesting that at all. But in your case, if you are basing your opinion on radio commentary or text updates or whatever then I would suggest that the people who were actually there saw something quite different.

A few months ago I bought my wife a new MP3 player. It has a built in radio so she took it to one of our earlier matches because she thought it would be nice to hear commentary at the same time as watching the game. After ten minutes she turned it off with the observation "is Stringer watching the same game as us"?

I am desperate for the team to recapture their early season form, but it looks like we will stay bottom the rest of this season. I think that NP does not have the credentials for this division, I wish he did.
I hope the wife enjoys her MP3 player:icon_cool

Interesting idea with the radio. We watch football at home with commentary, we play fifa with commentary, yet very few people do this. I guess you've explained why!

Your general opinion is as valid as anyone's

But when you regurgitate twaddle about us going from good to pathetic to embarrassing, you discount the fact that we were actually pretty good yesterday. We were far from embarrassing. I was proud of watching my team compete against them in the way the did.

Then we have the, now tiring and tiresome, nonsense of Pearson not having the tactical nous for the division, when in fact he got it tactically spot on yesterday against the Champions of England. It wasn't the tactics that were wrong yesterday, it was the keystone cops defending of Wes Morgan, and his partner

Your general opinion is as valid as anyone's

But when you regurgitate twaddle about us going from good to pathetic to embarrassing, you discount the fact that we were actually pretty good yesterday. We were far from embarrassing. I was proud of watching my team compete against them in the way the did.

Then we have the, now tiring and tiresome, nonsense of Pearson not having the tactical nous for the division, when in fact he got it tactically spot on yesterday against the Champions of England. It wasn't the tactics that were wrong yesterday, it was the keystone cops defending of Wes Morgan, and his partner

We played quite well in patches against Villa but it was the keystone cops defending that let us down. I would have thought that defending is part of tactics but perhaps I'm wrong.
When Pulis went to Palace last season he addressed the problem of conceding goals, but until Pearson does the same we will need to score 3 goals to win a game.
I seem to remember you have been a critic of Pearson in the past, but obviously not now.

For clarification, there is a difference between the way that the team defends across a range of situations in a game (this IS tactics), and a way that an individual player responds in a particular defensive one on one situation (this is NOT tactics - this is the player making an indvidual mistake, or just being shit)

Hope that this helps you out in future

Last edited:
I'm glad you are proud of the performance yesterday, but we still only had one shot on target. Of course it was against the Champions of England who played mostly in first gear. So obviously we had our tactics spot on!!

I can see why Stringer was booted off that shit Alan Sugar show early doors now, his comments re spending whatever Defoe wants were cringe worthy, I also hate the way his opinion is always put across as fact, prick.
Glad I can't see his twatty tweets now he's blocked me....One #stringerout is all it took :icon_lol:

There I was, trying not to get all confrontational and you go and post something this daft.

Firstly, the concession of the goal was nothing to do with Morgan. He was covering for Simpson who went AWOL. You can choose to blame Cambiasso for not picking up his man or you can blame Konchesky for looking across the line and ignoring the fact that nobody had picked up Lampard. Maybe Wasyl should have held his position better but his colleagues had loads of time to cut off the problem.

However, please don't try to claim that yesterday was some kind of tactical resurrection. He picked a better team and a better formation but the tactics were as shite as ever. Our midfield was not organised at all. We totally failed to exploit the fact that our best player was probably Pozo who helpfully did everything possible to ruin every attacking situation Man City had. We took off Schlupp who was easily our most likely player to create something. We brought on Ulloa and then played him wide or in midfield. Anywhere in fact except the box where he should have been. He brought on Powell and played him as the central striker when he isn't one and Ulloa is. We then put Drinkwater on the right wing which was bizarre. We lost all shape as soon as he started meddling. Half our corners still hit the first defender. Vardy was kept on well after his influence on the game had ended. We did too much pointless pissy-passy bollocks between keeper and defenders in some kind of pretense that we can do that sort of thing.

All this stuff is demonstrably tactical. NPs job on matchday is to pick the right team, pick the right formation and organise them to maximise our strengths and minimise our weaknesses. Usually this season, he's done all three wrong. The fact that he got something right doesn't mean he was 'spot on'. He's miles away from doing a job worthy of that description.

I'm glad you are proud of the performance yesterday, but we still only had one shot on target. Of course it was against the Champions of England who played mostly in first gear. So obviously we had our tactics spot on!!

I disagree especially with the highlighted part of your post. Admittedly Citeh were sub-par but I don't think they actually played in first gear. There were aspects of Leicesters game yesterday that prevented them from playing how they wanted to. Especially how Schlupp kept Sagna mainly in his own half and how Clichy was limited to few forays into dangerous positions.

There I was, trying not to get all confrontational and you go and post something this daft.

Firstly, the concession of the goal was nothing to do with Morgan. He was covering for Simpson who went AWOL. You can choose to blame Cambiasso for not picking up his man or you can blame Konchesky for looking across the line and ignoring the fact that nobody had picked up Lampard. Maybe Wasyl should have held his position better but his colleagues had loads of time to cut off the problem.

However, please don't try to claim that yesterday was some kind of tactical resurrection. He picked a better team and a better formation but the tactics were as shite as ever. Our midfield was not organised at all. We totally failed to exploit the fact that our best player was probably Pozo who helpfully did everything possible to ruin every attacking situation Man City had. We took off Schlupp who was easily our most likely player to create something. We brought on Ulloa and then played him wide or in midfield. Anywhere in fact except the box where he should have been. He brought on Powell and played him as the central striker when he isn't one and Ulloa is. We then put Drinkwater on the right wing which was bizarre. We lost all shape as soon as he started meddling. Half our corners still hit the first defender. Vardy was kept on well after his influence on the game had ended. We did too much pointless pissy-passy bollocks between keeper and defenders in some kind of pretense that we can do that sort of thing.

All this stuff is demonstrably tactical. NPs job on matchday is to pick the right team, pick the right formation and organise them to maximise our strengths and minimise our weaknesses. Usually this season, he's done all three wrong. The fact that he got something right doesn't mean he was 'spot on'. He's miles away from doing a job worthy of that description.

At last, someone who speaks sense. Pearson has largely been inept this season and looks out of his depth.
I don't think the owners will trust Pearson with any more money, judging by the players he has bought in.

I hope we can get some inspirational performances but I think we will become the whipping boys of this league, if we aren't already.

I really don't expect us to beat teams like Man City. They are far superior to us irrespective of how we play. However, we're now in a position whereby we need to get results against better teams as we've done so badly against those around us.

Yesterday was definitely a step up compared to our performances over recent games. We have to look for any sign of things turning around and there was something in this match. It's not likely to go from the losing Villa performance to beating Man City. I expect West Ham to beat us comfortably too. What we've got to do is get set to take points from the likes of Spurs and Hull after that.

Penguins = SnowSnow = XmasXmas = SantaSanta = North PoleNorth Pole= Polar BearsWe're doomed, the shift of the magnetic poles is on! And the penguins are doomed as well. And Santa doesn't exist.Boooooo! John Lewis out!
Penguin
Club
Man City
0-1
3-2-1
Ted Rogers
Dusty Bin

Last edited:
As much as I hate denting anybody´s illusions that We actually played well yesterday, as far as I could see, Man C seemed to treat the match as a training exercise.
Around the half hour mark, one could sense that they decided to "stop messing around" and 10 minutes later scored what proved to be the winner.
At no stage did they change up into top gear. But ok, if this result restores some of our squad`s self-confidence, then there must be a degree of positivity about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566