Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A part in that game really summed up why I hate our midfield. Man U in possession outside our box, we're 1-0 down with a few minutes left. Vardy comes back and wins possession. Doing our midfield's job for them effectively. Mendy not only shouldn't be in the line up, we should get rid. Absolute schoolboy donkey. I'm no particular fan of Ndidi either, since Puel came in he has lost all of his promise. Choudhury is a must for that midfield to inject some much needed energy into it.

I'd like to see us playing incisive passes into the center of the pitch more rather than playing slowly from flank to flank getting nowhere all the time. Maguire's range of passing is particularly good. I kind of feel sorry for him, he wants to win things but with this team he isn't going to do that - you wouldn't begrudge him a move to one of the big boys if the bid comes in in the summer.

A quick word on Maddison also - over-rated. Either that or we're misusing him. The fans were angry he was subbed for Ghezzal but Ghezzal arguably did more than Maddison managed with his short spell on the pitch.. sick of seeing Vardy being so isolated too. Wish we'd go flat 4-4-2 with Barnes to accompany him up front. We've got one of the league's best strikers and rarely gets a sniff.

It was just so startlingly obvious that Mendy was out of his depth I cannot believe that he wasn't removed at HT for Choudhury. Ndidi wasn't much better to be fair but at least he wasn't utterly ****ing brainless for most of the game.

Hopeless, in general

Thought Barnes, Maddison and Gray actually looked to produce some promising stuff at times, but then Monsieur BellEnd took two of them off for two fellas he found hanging around the back of the car park having a fag

It was just so startlingly obvious that Mendy was out of his depth I cannot believe that he wasn't removed at HT for Choudhury. Ndidi wasn't much better to be fair but at least he wasn't utterly ****ing brainless for most of the game.

Agreed, especially, since after the booking, he made at least two attempts to get sent off, the first of which was blatant. Crazy, when there is a ready replacement in Choudury. Has Puel learnt nothing from the Wes Morgan sendings off earlier in the season?

First of all, I cannot comprehend the reaction to Maddison coming off. Maddison was dreadful today. He pulled out of several challenges (as he does every game), failed to track back (as he does every game), and was generally a waste of a shirt. Granted, Ghezzal isn't exactly a positive change (although he did much better than Maddison in half the time on the pitch). However, why people see Maddison as a key player is beyond me. If Mahrez had been as wasteful and lazy, he'd be hammered on here. Mahrez always worked much harder than Maddison has ever done for us.

Mendy has been carrying our midfield for months given Ndidi's lack of form. Now Mendy has dropped off, people are hammering him. I agree that playing them both is negative and stifling for us, but jumping onto the best midfielder this season is not the right response. The right response is to question the man that keeps on selecting them both irrespective of form, circumstance or opposition.

Our passing today was awful. We gave the ball away far too often and too easily. You can't win if you can't generate some momentum. Our kids choked from the start again and one of them made an error. It happens and will continue to happen. Our main problem is that, if we're going to play so many error prone kids, we have to be much more creative at the other end or every mistake will be amplified - as today.

Man Utd cruised that today. Never got out of first gear. We were well off the standard required.

Agreed on Maddison. I just don't see what the fuss is about. I kind of get excited when we get a free kick or corner as set pieces are his strong suit but it's slowly dawning on me he's not even that good at them. IMO we should probably try him in center midfield.

Well it’s not a great set of all round stats.

We still need a forward who is good in the air IMO.

As predictable as any other game at home - slow, pedestrian, boring football consisting of our players passing it sideways and backwards until one of them gets so bored that they just lump it to one of their players.

Mendy and Ndidi were once again abysmal - Choudhury and Tielemans have to start the next game. Chilwell was also poor. Barnes was a breath of fresh air; it’s great to see a player trying to be direct and actually making something happen in the box.

At home against Man Utd and I wasnt even looking forward to it. He has sucked the life out of the team and the fans. Time for a double sacking tonight, Top.

Our home form is appalling.

Since the start of October, we have played 9 at home and have won 2, drawn 2, and lost 5. We've scored just 7 goals in those 9 games too.

Ricardo = 2
Ndidi = 2
Vardy = 1 (pen)
Maddison = 1
Albrighton = 1

If you add the two draws in the cups, that's 2 wins in our last 11 at home with one other goal (another from Albrighton).

Vardy has scored only once at home from open play in 10 months. No other forward has scored since this run either.

Gray's last home goal? December 2017.

Okazaki's last home goal? September 2017 (under Shakespeare).

Those stats alone should be enough to get any manager the sack. The lack of creativity, or any real interest in scoring goals, is shameful.

Also worth pointing out - 15 off Europe. 10 points off the drop.

Our fans can be right arseholes.

Ghezzal was our best player when he came on, he's got more movement in one leg than the rest of the midfield combined.

Bet he felt fantastic when his supporters reacted like spoilt ****ing brats when he came on.

Him and Barnes the only 2 positives for me.

Infighting started in my area today, surprised it's taken that long.

We just don't understand the concept of pass and MOVE, ****ing static.

Can this season just be over already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Hull City3859