Post Match Leicester 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leicester 0 Sheff Weds 1

Pearson has failed to strengthen in the right areas. Our midfield is shit, Pearson was banging on 3 years ago about how the central players are lightweight and similar, seems he must have a bad memory as he has done absolutely nothing to rectify it.

Left back, Konchesky has been wank on so many occasions this season, yet he get's nobody to give him a run for his place and the only possible replacement he sends out on a 1 month fecking trial to Man Utd, genius.

Up top we are imbalanced, we have not one partnership amongst 6 strikers, it's ****ing shocking how he can create such an imbalanced forward line with the money spent there. 3 of them are nowhere near good enough for this level and 1 was a major signing in the pre-season.

halfway through the season I was backing Pearson against quite vocal doubters both on and off the internet. I believe that changing the manager helps no one, it takes years to build a team, however I am seriously forced into questioning Pearson on many aspects of his management, his tactical ability is non existent, his substitutes are regularly baffling, and when the cards are down he maintains a very smug/ arrogant attitude towards anyone that dare ask a relevant question.

I am struggling to see Pearson as a top manager, I am struggling to see Pearson mixing it in the Premier League and I am struggling to see Pearson at Leicester beyond this season.

Again, Lako. What the managers deficiencies are or aren't doesn't explain such a sudden turn around in form. All these criticisms you make have not suddenly appeared in the last 5 or 6 weeks. They've been there for a while.

I can't remember a Leicester side seeming to just go so far down in the level of performances seemingly overnight. Whether the manager is good enough or not, does not explain how we can turn around to putting in such poorer performances so suddenly.

Bye bye you tactical cripple.

waiting for hil to roll out his usual "confidence in my players" rubbish. They win a few games (even Posh do that) & he thinks that he has a good team. Play offs might be still a prospect but I fear the writing is already being composed and the wall prepared.

Again, Lako. What the managers deficiencies are or aren't doesn't explain such a sudden turn around in form. All these criticisms you make have not suddenly appeared in the last 5 or 6 weeks. They've been there for a while.

I can't remember a Leicester side seeming to just go so far down in the level of performances seemingly overnight. Whether the manager is good enough or not, does not explain how we can turn around to putting in such poorer performances so suddenly.

Fitness could though...

If we are capable of putting 5 wins together we are capable of putting 5 losses together, I think we may be looking into it a bit too much.

On a side note is it true that Pearson after the Leeds game said if the fans don't like it then don't come?

Fitness could though...

Ture. Was always noticeably a difference which made us shit when Sousa was here.

If we are capable of putting 5 wins together we are capable of putting 5 losses together, I think we may be looking into it a bit too much.

On a side note is it true that Pearson after the Leeds game said if the fans don't like it then don't come?

Of course, but like i said, it's the performances more than the results that baffle me. Just don't understand how we can suddenly have become so poor.

Ture. Was always noticeably a difference which made us shit when Sousa was here.

Of course, but like i said, it's the performances more than the results that baffle me. Just don't understand how we can suddenly have become so poor.

I do agree, the performances have declined terribly, we were able to pass and play with tempo a while back, those games are now distant in the memory.

If we actually don't even make the playoffs then this season can be classed as a disaster.

I'd say its related to squad depth at a guess. Drinkwater has to be utterly knackered at this point, and both full backs have, it appears, succumbed to fatigue related injuries.

Midfield, in particular, is too thin.

I was going to postulate the same thing.

In days gone by when clubs were run with a reserve team playing weekly in a reserve league there was the potential to hold strength in depth. I was stunned when I got in just now and saw Wellens was on the bench. I'd love someone to explain to me the benefit of not having a competing reserve team (beyond money). Maybe Redditch can enlighten me?

ANyone know how longer James is out for? Our bad run seems to have largely coincided with him being out.

Wellens has been on the bench for the last few games, but we seem to have no intention of using him unless we absolutely have to (probably rightly). We need to get someone else in that will do that job though.

Pearson - ''If you think I'm arrogant then tough'' :)

I was going to postulate the same thing.

In days gone by when clubs were run with a reserve team playing weekly in a reserve league there was the potential to hold strength in depth. I was stunned when I got in just now and saw Wellens was on the bench. I'd love someone to explain to me the benefit of not having a competing reserve team (beyond money). Maybe Redditch can enlighten me?

Can't help you there Mawsley. There has been a tendency over a long time to denigrate the value (cost benefit) of maintaining a reserve side. But it's always seen a bit odd to me to expect players to compete for places when they don't have an opportunity to play hardly any competitive football.

On the general picture, I go with the view widely expressed that Pearson and his game plans have been well sussed and provided opponents have a bit of physical presence thay don't find it too hard to roll us over.

I feared that Pearson isn't good enough for quite a time - now I'm 100% certain of it. However, we have to battle on. It's not impossible by any means to salvage something and scrape into the play off and then take our chances. When it was timely to sack him, the owners couldn't and wouldn't because we were doing OK. Now we are revealed as threadbare its far too late. So we're stuck with him for the time being. Not good.

You can't fire players though, as much as we'd like to.

Even one of the Wednesday smoke bombs couldn't cover up how poor we were today.

Funny how MO'N used to get away with playing people out of position and yet NP fails continually.

This has a Wayne Brown sort of feel to it, is there upset in the dressing room to account for these unbelievably inept displays??...

Alan Young on the phone in reckons not and that the bad influences have all been got rid of.

It seems to me as though we've been figured out by most teams now and we don't have a plan B. Simple as that.

If by 'figured out' you mean we can be out-muscled and knocked off the ball and not allowed to pass it around, then yes, I agree. Not that we tried a passing game today. Wednesday are a physically big side yet all we did most of the time was hoof the ball upfield.

Alan Young on the phone in reckons not and that the bad influences have all been got rid of.

I really wouldn't know but I doubt if this is the consequence of an internal bust up. Just tactically sussed and no plans B or C.

Left back, Konchesky has been wank on so many occasions this season, yet he get's nobody to give him a run for his place and the only possible replacement he sends out on a 1 month fecking trial to Man Utd, genius.

Jeffrey is no full-back!

What ever happened to ' foxes never quit ' Our record of turning games around this season is appalling.

It seems as if the club is like a bully, when we go infront we strut our stuff and look good, we go behind and there are no leaders, no real change of tactics, and we tamely roll over. No chance of success unless we learn to roll the sleeves up and battle, and show more tactical nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669