Post Match Leicester 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are tired to the point that it effects them when playing two games of football a week then the sports science side of the club must be total waste of time.

Of course Sheff Wednesday obviously were not tired on Saturday due to their huge squad which is rotated every week.

What's scary is how shit the sports science is at Man United.

S'Alex said:
"But I can't be critical of my side because the running they had to do on Tuesday night, against a really top side in Real Madrid, had its bearing on today's result, no doubt about that.
"The two full-backs, Rafael and Patrice [Evra], are knackered and the two central midfielders tired badly.

Won against 10 yesterday too.

Admittedly, their second honeymoon period with Davies is going well. Just a shame it wasn't a weekend in Skeggy compared to a round the world cruise but I see icebergs not far ahead.
We were already winning and it was as definite red card ( stupid on his part as it happens as the ball was probably covered by the keeper ) you'll see.

Regarding tiredness, Sir Brian always said the best training possible was a mid week game.

Regarding tiredness, Sir Brian always said the best training possible was a mid week game.
Listening to the ex pros (!), they'd rather play than train, as well.

Only down side is, if a player is carrying a niggle & continues to play on, the injury doesn't have time to repair itself so could well hamper his performance on the pitch.
Could be true of 1 or 2, but not 14 or 15 players at once, surely?

Upon the appearance of Rich B, I think it's worth noting at the current rate of form that the interesting last game of the season could be well us knocking Forest out of the playoff places whilst we piss about in 9th.

What's scary is how shit the sports science is at Man United.

It must be shit full stop, then again if we had any cover in any of the positions we are supposedly knackered in then it wouldn't be a problem, as it stands we have no cover in vital areas.

Did Pearson not know we would be playing midweek games, seems strange considering how long he's been in the game.

Upon the appearance of Rich B, I think it's worth noting at the current rate of form that the interesting last game of the season could be well us knocking Forest out of the playoff places whilst we piss about in 9th.

At the current rate of form, surely it's close to us stopping them getting into the automatics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566