Post Match Leicester 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying?

Is that how you'd describe your miserable performance against 9 men during the week?

Won against 10 yesterday too.

Admittedly, their second honeymoon period with Davies is going well. Just a shame it wasn't a weekend in Skeggy compared to a round the world cruise but I see icebergs not far ahead.

EDIT - Oh and our result was gash by the way. I'm a Pearson fan, well I think I am but more a fan of not changing the manager all the time but it is getting harder and harder to defend him as the games go by.

I really expected us to bounce back with 2 home wins these last couple of games but if anything we've got worse which points towards our first team just being totally shagged now rather than a bunch of shit ****s.

Last edited:
Won against 10 yesterday too.

Admittedly, their second honeymoon period with Davies is going well. Just a shame it wasn't a weekend in Skeggy compared to a round the world cruise but I see icebergs not far ahead.

EDIT - Oh and our result was gash by the way. I'm a Pearson fan, well I think I am but more a fan of not changing the manager all the time but it is getting harder and harder to defend him as the games go by.

I really expected us to bounce back with 2 home wins these last couple of games but if anything we've got worse which points towards our first team just being totally shagged now rather than a bunch of shit ****s.

Tiredness is the only thing I can think of.

Of course

they're all very very tired

That must be it. That or the fans, of course. And maybe Sky

Of course

they're all very very tired

That must be it. That or the fans, of course. And maybe Sky

So what do you think then oh wise one? We were just lucky when we won all those games this season? That teams just didn't "suss us out"?

Tired?

Take yourselves outside and have a good word with yourselves.

So what do you think then oh wise one? We were just lucky when we won all those games this season? That teams just didn't "suss us out"?

If we win 2 games in a row again this season does that mean they are not tired any more?

Tiredness is the only thing I can think of.

Well then they ought to get themselves to bed earlier.
Do professional athletes really get exhausted playing football for 90 minutes a week?

Well then they ought to get themselves to bed earlier.
Do professional athletes really get exhausted playing football for 90 minutes a week?

I think it's funny when people complain about players being tired, with lines like "they're professional footballers and they can't handle playing 2 games in a week?" (not directing this solely at you, but this argument in general).

It's stupid.

Yes, they are professional footballers and athletes who should have a high level of fitness. However, the teams that they are playing against also contain professional footballers with a high level of fitness.

It's not like they physically couldn't play because of being tired, but the tiredness will affect their performance. With how fast and physical and athletic the game is now, then it is important that they are in their best condition.

It's not like they couldn't still play against you and me and beat us. But they're not playing against you and me. Tiredness and physical condition is relative to who they're playing against. Playing on a Wednesday and then again on a Saturday, those players probably won't be in as top condition as players who have had a week off.

If I ran a marathon on the Sunday, then I'd find it harder to do it again on the Wednesday. Doesn't mean I couldn't do it, but it's likely to affect my performance in it.

Meh. I'd probably be making this point better if I wasn't so hungover and devoid of energy. But hopefully you still get what I'm on about.
It just always annoys me.

Last edited:
I think it's funny when people complain about players being tired, with lines like "they're professional footballers and they can't handle playing 2 games in a week?" (not directing this solely at you, but this argument in general).

It's stupid.

Yes, they are professional footballers and athletes who should have a high level of fitness. However, the teams that they are playing against also contain professional footballers with a high level of fitness.

It's not like they physically couldn't play because of being tired, but the tiredness will affect their performance. With how fast and physical and athletic the game is now, then it is important that they are in their best condition.

It's not like they couldn't still play against you and me and beat us. But they're not playing against you and me. Tiredness and physical condition is relative to who they're playing against. Playing on a Wednesday and then again on a Saturday, those players probably won't be in as top condition as players who have had a week off.

If I ran a marathon on the Sunday, then I'd find it harder to do it again on the Wednesday. Doesn't mean I couldn't do it, but it's likely to affect my performance in it.

Meh. I'd probably be making this point better if I wasn't so hungover and knackered. But hopefully you still get what I'm on about.
So your lot having 3 days to recover, where we have had a week is likely to be to our advantage then?

I really can't accept it being tiredness. 90 minutes at worse twice a week, really? When I was 20-30 I could run all day and fitness resulted in greater fitness and therefore more energy.

Personally (and I know **** all the same as the rest of us behind closed doors) I put it down to changing the team when we were on the winning streak going into the FA cup.

I believe this breeds a lack of loyalty and consistency and leaving your only proven strikers on the bench was a monumental **** up of gargantuan proportions.

If and it is if he had kept to his best team I believe we would not be in the slump we are now. Are we really good enough to rest our players in a cup tie? Absolutely not bearing in mind the wafer thinness of our squad

I believe this caused disharmony and although not totally to blame for our disasterous slump in form at least it is partially responsible.

I also believe the players don't respect or agree with his decisions. Chopping and changing players out of position (unless you have no option) breeds discontent.

As soon as you start to lose the dressing room you are done as a team and a manager.

I think it's funny when people complain about players being tired, with lines like "they're professional footballers and they can't handle playing 2 games in a week?"

I really can't accept it being tiredness. 90 minutes at worse twice a week, really?

:icon_bigg

Seriously, though, read Graz' post, he's spot on. Tired doesn't mean they want to have a lie-down, it means that they may perform at 98% of their maximum capacity. That's only human and happens to every team at some stage during the season. Not really an excuse for defeats - good teams cancel it out by squad rotation, tactics etc - but it could certainly be a factor.

Last edited:
Ben Marshall on their goal was a joke.

Tried a crossfield pass and then completely forgot his defensive responsibility chasing after the ball in central midfield. Left Schlupp to hang out dry

Deeply frustrating that we aren't trying a different formation or different players. nstead we keep Sp

Marshall was a joke all game. Didn't look interested and seemingly kicked the ball into the arms of Kirkland from every set piece we had. I am sure he will have been told to track back and help Schlupp out and he did nothing. I would rather have Gally back in the team!

Meh. I'd probably be making this point better if I wasn't so hungover and devoid of energy. But hopefully you still get what I'm on about.

You're right. We are looking at a set of players capable of playing at about 95% of their fitness and potential at the moment.

Add to this the mental capacity particular when you've got games in hand and players begin to play with fear. That's why you very rarely see a team with lots of games in hand, win all of them and go onto win the league.

However, it's up to those at the club to manage that. I have sympathy with Pearson in terms of squad depth as that is mostly created by the previous manager. But that does not allow for players out of position and players constantly played out of form.

If they are tired to the point that it effects them when playing two games of football a week then the sports science side of the club must be total waste of time.

Of course Sheff Wednesday obviously were not tired on Saturday due to their huge squad which is rotated every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566