Post Match Leicester 0 Stoke 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that the owners aren't the kind of people who ask the manager to justify himself everytime the team lose by the odd goal.

Well said JB.

In October Leonardo was a great player the Costa of the East Midlands.
I missed November and came back to find that Leonardo was useless - the Trevor Benjamin of the Pampas.
Now I find that if Leonardo had played we would have beaten the team that is 10th in the Premier League.

Thank you JB for a breath of sanity.

I missed November and came back to find that Leonardo was useless - the Trevor Benjamin of the Pampas.

I'd say more the Elvis Hammond of Mesopotamia.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been raised (and i'm sure it has) but i've not gone through the thread.

My questions are:

Why did he change a winning team?

How has Schlupp made such a miraculous recovery?

Why have we 17 odd million pounds worth of attackers on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Volpone View Post
I've noticed your posts are always about two days after everyone else already new this. Is there a time lapse from here to where you are?

I´m surprised that Volpone hasn´t answered your post with this.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by Volpone View Post
I've noticed your posts are always about two days after everyone else already new this. Is there a time lapse from here to where you are?

I´m surprised that Volpone hasn´t answered your post with this.

:031:

Well said JB.

In October Leonardo was a great player the Costa of the East Midlands.
Now I find that if Leonardo had played we would have beaten the team that is 10th in the Premier League.

I appreciate that you won't have had time yet to notice the league table.

The wider issue is that there is a pattern of Pearson dropping 'name' / 'big money' players along with not obviously matching form and selection.

He's lucky or unlucky whichever way you choose to look at it to be in the job at this point and I think that the owners should be proactive re the generally crap performances this season. I appreciate that its way passed the point of no return on changing the manager but I think that only a fool would think that Pearson's approach to players makes it any easier to attract better players to the club at this point in time.

Thank you JB for a breath of sanity.

Meant to add!......... have you had a chance to refer to the league table yet?

It's not just one narrow defeat - against an obviously beatable opposition (you may recall that we won there). There's a pattern of Pearson making odd selections which curiously seems to involve 'big money'/ name players and/or no reflection of form (e.g. Albrighton).

Too late to talk about changing the manager by a ling chalk but I doubt if the owners are as content as you.

Meant to add!......... have you had a chance to refer to the league table yet?

It's not just one narrow defeat - against an obviously beatable opposition (you may recall that we won there). There's a pattern of Pearson making odd selections which curiously seems to involve 'big money'/ name players and/or no reflection of form (e.g. Albrighton).

Too late to talk about changing the manager by a ling chalk but I doubt if the owners are as content as you.

So your complaint is that the manager selects his team on what he sees as merit rather than player's profile and/or transfer fee, and that one good game should be a key definition of 'form'?

So your complaint is that the manager selects his team on what he sees as merit rather than player's profile and/or transfer fee, and that one good game should be a key definition of 'form'?

Agree with what you are saying but how is MA expecting to get any significant form if he's dropped after every promising performance.

If I was him I would be feeling rather gutted by the whole experience.

I worry that Nigel Pearson is being too loyal to the team that got us into the Premier League. To me, it seems that he still believes that given time to adjust, that squad will survive and the fancy Dan expensive signings will be surplus to requirements....

I worry that Nigel Pearson is being too loyal to the team that got us into the Premier League. To me, it seems that he still believes that given time to adjust, that squad will survive and the fancy Dan expensive signings will be surplus to requirements....
You worry too much.

I cant help but think back to when we were top of the championship at xmas, and NP started to meddle and rotate players, I recall we just made the play offs and lost to Watford in the dying seconds. He appeared to learn from that and kept a settled side and we won the league at a canter. I really do believe we have quality in the team, we are not being hammered and we are creating chances, IMO if you play well you keep your place, even at the expense of a player who comes back from injury, this breeds competition places.
Upfront we are unsettled, I hope he goes with a duo and sticks to it. I still believe we can stay up, NP is a good manager and produced the results many times, even if we go down he should stay, he appears to learn from mistakes, he is defo the right man to take us forward IMO.

I assumed Vardy and Schlupp were in for their pace against a slow Stoke side. It didmt end up working, but that's what I thought the reasoning would be.

I think that Pearson has a problem with what are perceived as 'name' or big money players.

Obviously this cannot be proved...but to me there is a pattern of bringing such players down a peg or two.

To me, it often appears that are chances of winning a game diminish once his team is announced.

I admit that I'm a bit biased becasuse I don't rate him as a manager at Premier League level - don't think he has the right level of tactical acumen etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566