Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR will never be popular until the fans are informed and involved by hearing the adjudicators' commentary and seeing on screen the same views they are deliberating over.

If Cricket and Rugby can do it, why can't Football?

That isn't what the Premier League have done though. The handball rule is the most complex one to decide and various authorities and competitions have had a go at addressing it over the last year or so. And most of their attempts have been terrible.

I think that the distinction made in the Premier League is far better than any alternative I've seen. Over time, everyone will get it. It's clear and fair.
Is it just the Premier League who have made the distinction? I thought the Law had been changed and therefore applied at all levels? (Genuine question)

It's true though that only the PL (and other VAR-equipped authorities) will be able to apply the distinction with any surety.

To be honest I have always been happy with the 'in the referee's opinion' aspect of the game. Indeed six days of moaning about that opinion has been part of the attraction. It is only the modern indecency of the huge amounts of money that is being invested in the game that has brought the demand for absolutely correct decision-making and VAR.

VAR will never be popular until the fans are informed and involved by hearing the adjudicators' commentary and seeing on screen the same views they are deliberating over.

I don't know how it works in cricket and rugby so it's impossible for me to compare. But what seemed ridiculous to me was that the teams were lined up for the restart long before the decision was reversed. Does this happen in rugby? Do batsmen have to make the long return trip from the pavilion in cricket? Surely the decision of the VAR should be made before the poor puppet on the pitch awards the goal or otherwise.

They really are ****ing up this game.

I agree.

Fans will learn when a goal looks possible/likely to be pulled back via review.

Fans will still celebrate, just might be the odd “goal”that is slightly muted. And they won’t be goals anyway.

From where I was it looked clear it hit him. I was still surprised by the VAR call as it seemed ages before it was clear it was going to be checked. Maybe it wasnt that long, dunno.

I don't know how it works in cricket and rugby so it's impossible for me to compare. But what seemed ridiculous to me was that the teams were lined up for the restart long before the decision was reversed. Does this happen in rugby? Do batsmen have to make the long return trip from the pavilion in cricket? Surely the decision of the VAR should be made before the poor puppet on the pitch awards the goal or otherwise.

They really are ****ing up this game.

Welcome to the future Grandad.

Welcome to the future Grandad.
Thank goodness, I'm not. I feel guilty enough about bringing a single generation into this mad world.

Fans have always celebrated the misfortune of the opposition.

Indeed they have. I'm not naive, I'm obviously aware of it. My point was simply that I'm uncomfortable with it, just as I am with booing.

Fwiw, I'm not opposed to VAR and see that in time it will be accepted as part of the game. It's still in its infancy.

In cricket the bowling team (or individual) decide if they want to refer a decision to VAR.

The players then wait for the decision which is generally (LBW) three stages.

1) Has the bowler put his foot over the line.
2) Is the ball pitching in line wih the stumps.
3) What did the ball hit.

Of course there are other reasons to refer to VAR but as most wickets fall due to an interaction with the bowler and the batsman so the above 1,2,3 is mostly the route taken.

went to the match but i thought we did fairly well wolves had a good defence which made it hard for us but all in all 2 fair teams ,chillwell didnt have much of a game ,he lost the ball far to often ,im hopeing it was just an off day for him really ,and i dont think the manager has got his first team really sorted yet ,a couple of weeks and we will get it sorted.

Is it a concern that it’s the third Premier League game in a row in which we haven’t scored? And the one before that we scored after the opposition went to 10 men?

Or is it just a reflection on the opposition we have faced during those games?

Is it a concern that it’s the third Premier League game in a row in which we haven’t scored? And the one before that we scored after the opposition went to 10 men?

Or is it just a reflection on the opposition we have faced during those games?
I don't know, but to be fair they were 3 reasonably tough fixtures and it's not like we didn't deserve to be ahead against Arsenal before they went down to 10 men.

On reflection, I think Rodgers over-thought this match. He was too concerned with not losing the game.

I think he was probably thinking that we've got two tricky away matches after this and can't afford to get beat at home.

As it was, Wolves came with a 'don't lose' mentality rather than a 'try to win' one. They were knackered and, in particular, Neves and Jota were way off their usual standard. So they were probably there for the taking.

I'd hope that after the game, Rodgers was big enough to tell the players that he'd messed up tactically. I don't think the players did much different to what they were instructed to. We were just too cautious.

I don't know, but to be fair they were 3 reasonably tough fixtures and it's not like we didn't deserve to be ahead against Arsenal before they went down to 10 men.
Definitely harder fixtures than the last time it happened in Apr/May 2018:

Leicester 0-0 Southampton
Crystal Palace 5-0 Leicester
Leicester 0-2 West Ham

This run was straight after defeats to Newcastle and Burnley. Seriously how did Puel survive after that?! I blame that Arsenal player for getting sent off after 15 mins for making us endure another 10 months under him.

Definitely harder fixtures than the last time it happened in Apr/May 2018:

Leicester 0-0 Southampton
Crystal Palace 5-0 Leicester
Leicester 0-2 West Ham

This run was straight after defeats to Newcastle and Burnley. Seriously how did Puel survive after that?! I blame that Arsenal player for getting sent off after 15 mins for making us endure another 10 months under him.
Unreal, when you look at it like that.

Why on earth not?

Yeah we should have signed someone like Perez from Newcastle.

Perez was for Okazaki IMO.
Maguire played every pre season game possible until the last one and so clearly we didn't expect them to match the valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363