Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR is excellent. A long needed improvement to the game. This time next year, 99% of the naysayers will be converted.

The Wolves 'goal' was rightly disallowed. I'd say exactly the same if it had happened to us. The truth is that the vast majority of wrong decisions will no longer happen. The loathsome diving to win penalties, the sneaky thuggishness, the bias towards the big sides. All gone.

The point you make about orgasms is fair enough. However, I certainly got more than a tingle from the disallowed goal this afternoon. A lot more than I'd have got coming home and seeing that the goal we lost to came about through a handball.
Couldn't agree more. I think getting the correct decisions and closing down an avenue for players to go sprawling on the floor every 2 minutes looking for free kicks can only be good for the game. I also think when it is fully integrated and the systems are honed and streamlined, it will add a layer of excitement rather than take it away, just like the referral system has done in cricket.

Mmmm can’t wait for football to be more like cricket.

(I’m being facetious)

I might be cool with it if there was an appeal system instead of what felt like a persnickety interference today. My initial reaction is that the match going experience will lose something but we’ll see over the course of the season. Decisions will technically be right within the laws of the game and yet football is about something far more visceral to me.

with only Vardy playing against 3 6ft CBs why bother crossing it? It's a low percentage decision

Maddison on the wing has got to stop so have Hamza and Wilf in the same team unless playing Liverpool or Man City
it is about the quality of the cross that counts if Vardy has good movement he will score. The fact we opt not to cross when we create the chance to do so is madness in my book. all in all we will be fine this season and a top 6 finish is achievable.

The ball hits Boly on the arm which causes it to drop in front of Dendonker who scores it had a material impact on what happened and is rightly ruled out seriously some people just need a reason to moan

it is about the quality of the cross that counts if Vardy has good movement he will score. The fact we opt not to cross when we create the chance to do so is madness in my book. all in all we will be fine this season and a top 6 finish is achievable.
David Beckham was regarded as possibly the best crosser of the ball England produced, him at his peak, playing in our team would look a poor crosser of the ball, it doesn’t suit our attackers

The ball hits Boly on the arm which causes it to drop in front of Dendonker who scores it had a material impact on what happened and is rightly ruled out seriously some people just need a reason to moan
It’s about more than whether the ball touched Boly’s arm.

It’s about more than whether the ball touched Boly’s arm.
No it isn’t, it’s a sport, there are laws in the sport, this was against them, you want to blither on about some football hipster BS then go watch your local non league side for the purity

No it isn’t, it’s a sport, there are laws in the sport, this was against them, you want to blither on about some football hipster BS then go watch your local non league side for the purity

I would argue that it’s a fun pass time governed by some rules, not a set of rules that dictate the level of fun that can be had. The presence of VAR has caused changes to the rules to justify its existence, VAR has been introduced because football has become a ridiculous behemoth and referees have become an even greater enemy because ****s on talksport and it’s retarded listeners need something to talk about.

We couldn’t have won league with VAR, that’s enough to turn me off it.

Maybe that wasn’t an eloquent response... I don’t like VAR, I think it punishes playing slightly beyond the edge of the rules which for a club like ours is the only way to get things done. I don’t think it makes me a hipster or whatever wanky, pejorative name you want to give to someone that enjoys football in their own way. I keep coming back to the thought of sitting on my hands when a goal goes in and that just isn’t for me. Yeah the offside flag might have cancelled your celebrations once or twice a season in the past but now it’s going to be every. single. goal. It’s there because football is taken too seriously in the first place, it’s meant to be about losing yourself and having fun, not analysing every kick under a microscope.

Maybe that wasn’t an eloquent response... I don’t like VAR, I think it punishes playing slightly beyond the edge of the rules which for a club like ours is the only way to get things done. I don’t think it makes me a hipster or whatever wanky, pejorative name you want to give to someone that enjoys football in their own way. I keep coming back to the thought of sitting on my hands when a goal goes in and that just isn’t for me. Yeah the offside flag might have cancelled your celebrations once or twice a season in the past but now it’s going to be every. single. goal. It’s there because football is taken too seriously in the first place, it’s meant to be about losing yourself and having fun, not analysing every kick under a microscope.
I’m not sure it will be like that though, ted. Wolves fans still celebrated their goal, as it’s an instant reaction to do so.

I’m not sure it will be like that though, ted. Wolves fans still celebrated their goal, as it’s an instant reaction to do so.
As I said I’ve watched rugby for years on tv there is no lack of celebration in that and they have had a form of VAR for nearly a decade

I would argue that it’s a fun pass time governed by some rules, not a set of rules that dictate the level of fun that can be had. The presence of VAR has caused changes to the rules to justify its existence, VAR has been introduced because football has become a ridiculous behemoth and referees have become an even greater enemy because ****s on talksport and it’s retarded listeners need something to talk about.

We couldn’t have won league with VAR, that’s enough to turn me off it.

You're spot on that the introduction of VAR has required the powers that be to clarify several rules of the game.

That's a good thing surely? We'll all soon understand what is allowed and can get on with enjoying the game. I'm delighted to see the end of the whims of individual refs determine results.

If VAR levels the playing field, that is more likely to help teams like us. I can't see any reason why it would have prevented us from winning the league in 2016. Our genuine edge that season wasn't an illegal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263