Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game of the season, and some can’t wait to go for the jugular
Why, just why, do you actually bother?
Just **** off

Can some of you please agree with me that VAR is wank? I can’t put it into words and I’ve been drinking since 12 but it’s really, really ****ing shit. It’s the death of drama in football, all I can think about is seeing a last minute winner fly into the back of the net, with seemingly nothing wrong with it and muting my reaction to it. The best thing about football, the primal, stunning, orgasmic joy of seeing your team score a goal will forever be tempered by the threat that some Nesbit in a studio notices that the ball accidentally bounced off someone’s bicep from point blank range in the build up. **** it.
Absolutely spot on. Won't it be sad when all celebrations soon become slightly muted because of the presence of VAR.

Can some of you please agree with me that VAR is wank? I can’t put it into words and I’ve been drinking since 12 but it’s really, really ****ing shit. It’s the death of drama in football, all I can think about is seeing a last minute winner fly into the back of the net, with seemingly nothing wrong with it and muting my reaction to it. The best thing about football, the primal, stunning, orgasmic joy of seeing your team score a goal will forever be tempered by the threat that some Nesbit in a studio notices that the ball accidentally bounced off someone’s bicep from point blank range in the build up. **** it.

VAR is excellent. A long needed improvement to the game. This time next year, 99% of the naysayers will be converted.

The Wolves 'goal' was rightly disallowed. I'd say exactly the same if it had happened to us. The truth is that the vast majority of wrong decisions will no longer happen. The loathsome diving to win penalties, the sneaky thuggishness, the bias towards the big sides. All gone.

The point you make about orgasms is fair enough. However, I certainly got more than a tingle from the disallowed goal this afternoon. A lot more than I'd have got coming home and seeing that the goal we lost to came about through a handball.

VAR is excellent. A long needed improvement to the game. This time next year, 99% of the naysayers will be converted.

The Wolves 'goal' was rightly disallowed. I'd say exactly the same if it had happened to us. The truth is that the vast majority of wrong decisions will no longer happen. The loathsome diving to win penalties, the sneaky thuggishness, the bias towards the big sides. All gone.

The point you make about orgasms is fair enough. However, I certainly got more than a tingle from the disallowed goal this afternoon. A lot more than I'd have got coming home and seeing that the goal we lost to came about through a handball.

Well I agree with you about a lot things but not this mate. Give me a goal, even give me the pantomime indigenty of being wronged over worming out of a defeat by a rule created to justify the existence of VAR.

Like it or not it’s here to stay so I’d better get with the times.

It was fired in at him and went straight between his legs. From our seats you could see it clear as day and his feet didn’t even look as though they had moved by the time the ball was past him. I’m not sure if he was intending to flick it in off his heel or not and I haven’t seen it back, but it was all very quick.
The cross was rapid. It’d be unfair to slate him for that.

For that brief moment in time, they thought they had scored and celebrated as such. Then there was the wait, and then we celebrated. I don’t think it led to a lack of drama.

the handball may have been accidental but it was because of it that they were able to score, it was rightly ruled out.

I watch a lot of Rugby where they have had TMO's for a decade and its never spoiled a celebration as people waited

I thought Maddison was good today... the only area he was poor in was his set pieces. We have to do something about that generally though. We have been bad at that for far too long. If teams are going to park the bus set pieces should be our way of finding a breakthrough. Corner after corner and I never felt anything was going to come from it.

Quick note - Although Maddison was largely ineffectual (and I think most of that came down to the way we played), there were at least 3 occasions I can think of where he aggressively closed down an opponent, winning the ball in a dangerous area, which led to us being in good situations. I was impressed with that part of his game.

Yep, I thought the same to be fair to him.

I agree on VAR. I'm hoping it gets better.

I do think that pretty soon a lot of goal celebrations will be massively muted as every goal is reviewed and theres so many things that could lead it being ruled out. I think we will see a decrease in the number of goals from corners scored because there's always so much pushing in the box that I can see VAR ruling out a lot of them.

Hopefully it improves and decisions can be made quicker.

But today wasn't so much VAR at fault, more the new handball rule. If the ref had spotted that he would've had to disallow it too. But I think it's a ridiculous rule.

why can’t VAR be ref’s discretion as to whether they refer an event. Is that not the way to solve it. You could perhaps also allow a captain a challenge per game (a bit like cricket and tennis). If they are right they keep their challenge and can use it again. If they are wrong they lose it, then it is just ref’s discretion to use if they are unsure.

No. I’m on holiday so didn’t get a chance.
Well seeing as you mentioned Soyuncu... he played on the front foot and with the ball he was pretty much perfect. We took a lot of short goal kicks and he revived the ball and gave it to Chilwell or Ndidi each time without much fuss. It was his job to man mark Jiminez and several of their duals ended with their player on the floor and Soyuncu striding away with the ball. Won every header but then they didn’t play many high balls into the middle. I was impressed for sure, Evans had a good game too. Most of our problems came from the full backs switching off and those two getting stretched, the most notable moment was a chase between Jota and Ricardo.

High, long ball, those two were the only two in our half and Ricardo ended up on the floor. Evans and Soyuncu showed really impressive pace to catch him and stood their ground to the point were Jota just fell over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363