Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw our 'shot on target' again from Barnes. I suspected that it wasn't actually on target and I was right. At best it might have clipped the outside of the post.

That means zero shots on target at home to a tired and pretty mediocre side. Just awful from us.

Rome wasnt built in a day, and whether we like it or not, I dont think rodgers was planning to start the season without Maguire or a fresh attacking option given he seems to have dispensed with Gray.
I'll reconcile myself that we dominated the ball vs a very good passing side and thay Soyuncu has the confidence of those around him. Happy that Praet, Barnes and Albrighton are available to mix things up for Chelsea, and fancy our chances against a side that will need to come at us after a hammering by United. Could be perfect for us

****ing hell I was on one last night. Red wine on top of a day on the beer = angry, sad Ted.

I’ll probably wind my neck in slightly on VAR over the course of the season. I still found it jarring and odd yesterday and it’ll take a lot of getting used to for sure.

FYI, we upgraded one of our season tickets yesterday at the sub ticket office on the corner of the west stand. They let us do it and kept the ST to post back after but from now on they won’t be doing any upgrades at the ground on match days. You have to do it over the phone by 11.30 of the day of the game. I think that’s what she said anyway, I was drunk and wet.

I’ll probably wind my neck in slightly on VAR over the course of the season. I still found it jarring and odd yesterday and it’ll take a lot of getting used to for sure.

Yeah, I agree

We sat around waiting for a couple of minutes, and then the home fans (including me) were on their feet celebrating a non-goal.
Looking back on it now, it feels so wrong in every possible way. I heard their manager on the radio saying pretty much the same thing - it is a corruption of the game

As for the decision itself, it wasn't VAR that was at fault, but the farcical and nonsensical law changes in relation to handball.

They are taking something that is unique and wonderful, and turning it into a complete circus

and then the home fans (including me) were on their feet celebrating a non-goal. Looking back on it now, it feels so wrong in every possible way

I hadn't really appreciated that before. Not fully anyway, and I agree, it isn't quite right somehow. Just as I hate booing, I think I'm not keen on this almost gloating at the decision reversal.

But then maybe the game is arguably a circus anyway (maybe all sports with arenas and cheering/baying crowds are) VAR changes the nature of the circus.

VAR is excellent. A long needed improvement to the game. This time next year, 99% of the naysayers will be converted.

The Wolves 'goal' was rightly disallowed.
The real point is that it was not VAR that was the reason that this goal was disallowed. Even with VAR it would have been allowed last season. It is the change in the law that caused it to be disallowed; VAR was simply the means by which it was noticed.

What are you on about?

Fans have always celebrated the misfortune of the opposition. Missed penalties, thinking a goal has gone in but it hit the side netting, missed sitters, red cards for opponents, the offside flag being up as they celebrate, etc.

Celebrating VAR was the only thing that I enjoyed in the whole match.

The real point is that it was not VAR that was the reason that this goal was disallowed. Even with VAR it would have been allowed last season. It is the change in the law that caused it to be disallowed; VAR was simply the means by which it was noticed.

The law change to disallow goals scored directly or indirectly via handball is a good change surely?

why can’t VAR be ref’s discretion as to whether they refer an event. Is that not the way to solve it. You could perhaps also allow a captain a challenge per game (a bit like cricket and tennis). If they are right they keep their challenge and can use it again. If they are wrong they lose it, then it is just ref’s discretion to use if they are unsure.
Ref's discretion = bias towards the big club
Ref's discretion = advantage to the home team

What are you on about?

Fans have always celebrated the misfortune of the opposition. Missed penalties, thinking a goal has gone in but it hit the side netting, missed sitters, red cards for opponents, the offside flag being up as they celebrate, etc.
You forget the inevitable rendition of the funeral march as an opponent was stretchered off.

The law change to disallow goals scored directly or indirectly via handball is a good change surely?
I don't agree. The game has survived for years with the concept of accidental handball not being an offence. Now we have a situation where only some accidental handball is to be penalised. How will you feel when all accidental handball becomes an offence and we see more penalties given as defenders are struck by balls fired at them from pointblank range?

I don't agree. The game has survived for years with the concept of accidental handball not being an offence. Now we have a situation where only some accidental handball is to be penalised. How will you feel when all accidental handball becomes an offence and we see more penalties given as defenders are struck by balls fired at them from pointblank range?

That isn't what the Premier League have done though. The handball rule is the most complex one to decide and various authorities and competitions have had a go at addressing it over the last year or so. And most of their attempts have been terrible.

I think that the distinction made in the Premier League is far better than any alternative I've seen. Over time, everyone will get it. It's clear and fair.

I’m not sure it will be like that though, ted. Wolves fans still celebrated their goal, as it’s an instant reaction to do so.

Because it's the 1st time they scored this season and the 1st time it's been disallowed.

Our ground is already full of sit on your hands types, just wait until they can't even be arsed with their polite clapping when we score because it might have been a waste of time raising their hands.

The passion has more or less been eradicated from the match day attendee over the last 20 years, this is the final nail in what has become a boring, sterilised, business orientated imitation of what the game used to be about.

If it turns into what I think it will then there will be an extra season ticket available next season, allowing another passionless, tired, can't be arsed type to take the place of a long term vocal supporter.

If VAR levels the playing field, that is more likely to help teams like us. I can't see any reason why it would have prevented us from winning the league in 2016. Our genuine edge that season wasn't an illegal one.

It doesn't though does it.

Did you see Man City fouling their way to victory at the weekend?

Dirty elitist ****s will be allowed to continue.

Because it's the 1st time they scored this season and the 1st time it's been disallowed.

Our ground is already full of sit on your hands types, just wait until they can't even be arsed with their polite clapping when we score because it might have been a waste of time raising their hands.

The passion has more or less been eradicated from the match day attendee over the last 20 years, this is the final nail in what has become a boring, sterilised, business orientated imitation of what the game used to be about.

If it turns into what I think it will then there will be an extra season ticket available next season, allowing another passionless, tired, can't be arsed type to take the place of a long term vocal supporter.

Special mention to the bloke who sat next to me who got his phone out and started filming himself every time we got a corner or a free kick. Most of his afternoon was taken up by editing his selfies and taking Instagram boomerangs of the crowd.

Hamza and Wilfred are both good at frustrating the opposition but lack creativity. I feel Mr Rodgers should drop one or the other in favour of either Barnes or Albrighton.

The most positive thing for Leicester was the performance of Soyuncu. Mark Lawrenson complained about Leicester not replacing Maguire. It may be that the possible replacements were not as good as Soyuncu, Like all young players he needs to become battle hardened which means having a run of games. In this Jonny Evans guidance will be vital. What a good buy Evans has turned out to b.

I thought the Wolves manager's comments on the disallowed goal were quite correct. Fans are going to stop celebrating goals if they have to wait for VAR. VAR is taking too long. Disallowing the goal for handball was I thought ridiculous although that is the fault of the rules not VAR, What happened to Wolves fans was a downer and will one day happen to us. I believe it should only be handball if it is deliberate.

Special mention to the bloke who sat next to me who got his phone out and started filming himself every time we got a corner or a free kick. Most of his afternoon was taken up by editing his selfies and taking Instagram boomerangs of the crowd.

A sad fact of a visit to the KP these days.

Grown men acting like absolute bell ends, videoing corners and rare moments of atmosphere.

It's ****ing cringe worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758