Post Match Leicester 1 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking performance today, scoreline absolutely flattered Villa. I take back what I said about Newcastle being the worst side I have seen at the KP this season, Villa are.

They came with seemingly no game plan at all, it looked like they had just stuck 11 players out on the pitch, they didn't look like breaking us down.

I thought our back 4 worked tremendously as a unit today, the amount of times Benteke or another Villa player was caught offside through us pushing up quickly was brilliant, that's not luck. Good to see Knockaert back, he looked like he really wanted to prove his worth today and I think he did so. Albrighton I was a bit disappointed with after the Newcastle game, but still solid nonetheless. Nugent seems to be getting better and better the more he plays, desperately unlucky to not put his name on the scoresheet, maybe the reports of a new striker coming in have given him the kick up the arse he needed.

We could have been more clinical as others have mentioned with James, Ulloa and Lawrence all missing great chances. However, the main thing is we put points on the board again and are now level with Palace. The Great Escape is well and truly on.

Stoke at home next, if I was one of our players with our momentum right now, I would be wishing it could be played tomorrow.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what my Villa supporting colleague has to say on Monday, considering yesterday he said we were shite.

A win next Satdee and I can't see how we won't be out of the bottom three looking at the points and goal differences of the teams around and above us up to and including those on 20 points.

A massive, massive game IMHO.

Was the red card for James deserved?

Looked like a good, strong tackle at the game and it seemed as if the ref didn't blow up until the handbags started??

Massive win though and throughly deserved.

Just got back. Bloody love this winning feeling! I can watch MOTD AGAIN!
Back four were phenomenal today - never looked like conceding. Conversely Villa never looked like they could hit water if they fell out of a boat today!
I thought the Ulloa sub was right, he never looked in the game today.
Well done the lads - love that Saturday feeling!

Looked like a good, strong tackle at the game and it seemed as if the ref didn't blow up until the handbags started??

Yes, I think it was deserved, shin high impact

It certainly looked a nasty challenge from my seat, but you are right, had Clark not followed in like he did, the ref seemed prepared to play on.

Villa for the record were absolute dross. Comfortably the worst side to visit the KP for a long time.

Steady performance against another poor side to come to the KP. Dont think back 4 had much to do, James and Hammond competed well and Knockaert did really well. Albrighton and Ulloa didnt have the best of games and Nugent showed good link up and build up play but still made a number of mistakes in his judgement in the final passing and finishing still needs to be sharper. Should have put 4 past them if not more and at 1 nil it would have only taken a fluky goal to have missed the points - hey ho, onwards and hopefully upwards

Won the ball, red card to be rescinded.

****ing lovely stuff city.

Kramaric will be frothing at the gash after seeing how many chances we created.

We hopefully will have Shaun Maloney in before next week's match. Him and with a bit of luck, Kramaric, and we're looking a little more creative.

Knockaert, Albrighton, Nugent need a bit of a run in the team as does Lawrence. They'll all prove to do well IMO.

3 clean sheets from 7 for Hamer in the league.

1 from 14 for Schmeichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570