Post Match Leicester 1 Blackburn 2 FA Cup R5

“If there is anyone to blame, it’s me, I made the changes, and sadly they didn’t work.”, says ****face

Well, durrrr.,,…

I've had time to calm down and reflect on last night's game - and yes, it was crap.

Others have called for the usual, hopeless footballing imposters never to put on a Leicester shirt or step on the King Power pitch again. I would suggest that, given the utter ineptness of their performance, that the process has already started - clearly they have been banned and barred from using our £millions training facilities and therefore have bugger-all idea of what to do when one of those round, ball-like things comes towards them.

I've had time to calm down and reflect on last night's game - and yes, it was crap.

Others have called for the usual, hopeless footballing imposters never to put on a Leicester shirt or step on the King Power pitch again. I would suggest that, given the utter ineptness of their performance, that the process has already started - clearly they have been banned and barred from using our £millions training facilities and therefore have bugger-all idea of what to do when one of those round, ball-like things comes towards them.
Yet the question still remains why the hell did he pick that team that started last night? I am sick and tired of hearing BR say he got the selection wrong and he is sorry, he is either immensely stupid or he is incredibly arrogant.
Either way he has to go.

The team selection is not the main issue. It was the attitude and general approach including the way of playing.

There is no thought behind any of it.

Massively unorganised, less fit than a Championship team and no desire.

All stems from the manager and his team

less fit than a Championship team

Fitness has been a big problem all season and it doesn't seem to be much improving. I listened to Danny Simpson talking about when he came into the club - he said it took him 4-6 weeks to get up to the fitness levels that Pearson had the players at, despite him coming directly from QPR's first team.

May I suggest a slightly different take on it.

Bar Soumare and Amartey who seem to be 'lifers' in the shit department. Most of the rest have performed well enough on previous occasions to have been able to adequately despatch Rovers last night.

BR has destroyed their collective and individual confidence by:

* Constantly ramming square pegs into round holes
* Constantly moving player positions to suit a system that equally doesn't work
* Selecting players randomly based on what appears to be a 'blind man's bluff' approach
* Creating an environment where flair is (at best) secondary to 'formation'
* Baffling the **** out of everyone by his substitutions and for the most part, the timings of them
* Insisting on playing out from the back when EVERYTHING screams that this is ****ING SUICIDE

He is failing miserably to get any sort of tune out of a collective group of players who should in 99/100 put away Roves comfortably.

p.s Iversen looked a million times more composed than Ward, so someone needs to remove the rancid turd he must have laid in BR's car.

I think we might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit here. For the final half-hour we were the better team, we just didn't start playing until Ihenacho and Kristiansen were on by which time the damage was done. The problem is that Vardy is completely past it, and, while I would hope that Thomas and Soumare should be able to see off Championship teams and grasp the development opportunity that they both need, that is clearly not the case.

We've got a weak squad thanks to poor investments in 21/22 and nothing since until this January, absolutely Rodgers should carry the can for some of that but so should others at the club - and, too their credit, they've addressed that with Martyn Glover who looks like he's just what both the club and the head coach need. I'm gutted, but I don't see the point in management changes when looking at the Villa, Spurs and even the Man Utd games, I see a real turnaround. Let them get on with it over the summer, I'm sure we'll be glad of it next season

I think we might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit here. For the final half-hour we were the better team, we just didn't start playing until Ihenacho and Kristiansen were on by which time the damage was done. The problem is that Vardy is completely past it, and, while I would hope that Thomas and Soumare should be able to see off Championship teams and grasp the development opportunity that they both need, that is clearly not the case.

We've got a weak squad thanks to poor investments in 21/22 and nothing since until this January, absolutely Rodgers should carry the can for some of that but so should others at the club - and, too their credit, they've addressed that with Martyn Glover who looks like he's just what both the club and the head coach need. I'm gutted, but I don't see the point in management changes when looking at the Villa, Spurs and even the Man Utd games, I see a real turnaround. Let them get on with it over the summer, I'm sure we'll be glad of it next season

A fair point, but for me I just feel like Rodgers doesn't want to be here anymore.

His behaviour this year has been diabolical and his failure to address key issues such as the low fitness levels of the players, our horrific injury record, set piece weaknesses (now resolved by the club) etc, etc, leaves me feeling like we would be better off with a new man in charge.

I've not watched any highlights, why would any LCFC fan, but it did seem as if Iversen's positioning for their first goal was particularly great.

Overall I thought he had a decent game, great to see us have a keeper again that makes unexpected saves, but there are definitely areas of his game he needs to improve on.

If we stay up then a top class goalkeeper is an absolute necessity.

And re Thomas, imo he has never looked like a PL level defender.

He showed moments of promise when he first came into the team but there were still errors in his game but they could be excused due to his age/inexperience.

However, he hasn't improved anything in his game in almost 3 years now and looks as much like a rabbit in the headlights as he did on his debut.

He needs to have a loan move next season and toughen/bulk up a bit but I fear we will struggle to find him a move as we've probably given him a long contract on about £50k a week after some idiots were lauding him as being better than Chilwell when he has never looked anywhere near as good.

I've not watched any highlights, why would any LCFC fan, but it did seem as if Iversen's positioning for their first goal was particularly great.

Looks to me like he's giving Amartey an option to go back to him.

The team selection is not the main issue. It was the attitude and general approach including the way of playing.

There is no thought behind any of it.

Massively unorganised, less fit than a Championship team and no desire.

All stems from the manager and his team
Yep. It's absolutely reflective of his attitude. The arrogance and the 'my way or highway' stance he takes to every game. The players were shit last night and a few of them will be shit forever but most of them are being thrown to the wolves time and time and time again by a disorganised manager with no idea how to adapt during games. He seems to have frightened them from ever trying to be creative or individual. Barnes and Tete showed in that final twenty minutes (before he inexplicably took Tete off) that given a chance to play with freedom, they'll deliver. It seems to take us going behind for this to happen though.

Overall I thought he had a decent game, great to see us have a keeper again that makes unexpected saves, but there are definitely areas of his game he needs to improve on.

If we stay up then a top class goalkeeper is an absolute necessity.
It wasn't. He was also ****ing appalling for their second. Had that been Ward letting those two in, he'd have been absolutely hammered.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463