Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
from radio coverage it sounded like we were slightly below par but 3 points is all that matters.We will draw eventually at home hopefully next year!!, Time to regroup analise why we were off form and come out fighting on Saturday, we must build up the points while the results going well (3pts ahead of 3rd 6pts ahead of 7th):038:

We won the game comfortably according to the BBC stats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19958174

from radio coverage it sounded like we were slightly below par but 3 points is all that matters.

From the coverage I heard it sounded like we bossed most of the game, just didn't score goals to make it comfortable and ended up giving Brighton the ball too much in the last ten minutes.

Well that was a bit hairy - and i don't mean big Wes's cobblers

Outstanding for the first twenty minutes, bit careless and sloppy for the rest of the first half

Hampered by having to play for about seventy minutes with only ten men - Waghorn being completely hopeless, bordering on the embarrassing side of desperate

Drinky and King were excellent, as were Big Wes and Where's Zac. Dyer played well, as did Noooooooge

Only the most ardent PearSON sceptic can fail to realise that something very special is happening right now at LCFC

onwards, and ever upwards....

Last edited:

outstanding for the first twenty minutes, bit careless and sloppy for thevrest of the first half

Hampered by having to play for about seventy minutes with only ten men - Waghorn being completely hopeless, bordering on the embarrassing side of desperate

Drinky and King were excellent, as were Big Wes and Where's Zac. Dyer played well, as did Noooooooge

Only the most ardent PearSON sceptic can fail to realise that something very special is happening right now at LCFC

Spoon?

Definitely not our best show but saying that, Brighton had all the possesion from 25 mins onwards but failed to do anything with it at all. I can only recall one shot on target that Kasper had to deal with in the second half other than the penalty so you could say we were quite happy to sit back and let them knock it around achieving nothing much like we used to do.

Nugent seemed to play the old Andy 'am I really on the pitch' King game but apart from that, all good, especially King. Big praise for Pearson and co though as they definitely gave someone instructions to tell to Kasper with regards to where the penalty was going to go. It's the little things like that and the fact we won and kept a clean sheet without playing our best which are making things look very positive at the moment.

Morgan is immense too, don't think I've seen him make a mistake all season and probably MOTM as he was faultless yet again.

Anyone down L1 end/North Stand have a good view of the penalty as from the other end it looked a very poor decision though was hard to see with all the mist and rain?

Ooohhhhh good post sirhomeywomeypantywantypants.
Onwards and upwards.

:038:

Excellent result. Hard won in the end with Morgan outstanding once again. Konchesky and Schmeichel also impressed.

Knockaert is a delight to watch but must have conceded possession ten times in the game. Against fodder that's okay, but Brighton were a better passing side than most and it almost cost us. Drinkwater and King were both very disciplined.

Despite the table, I still think NP nearly fecked it up again tonight. We were totally on top for the first twenty mins, playing really well. We were dominating with corners, possession and chances. He then changes the formation, we totally lose the initiative and were lucky in the end not to pay for it.

I can envisage another tight, battling game for us on Saturday. Hopefully, the key players will rest up and be ready to go again. There is a nucleus of them at the moment that are doing the shirt proud.

Outstanding for the first twenty minutes, bit careless and sloppy for the rest of the first half

Who would your MOTM be? King?

Pleased to hear the praise for Morgan, someone you weren't keen on before. I was with you on that too but he's solid as a rock now.

Guardians match report says 1-0 didn't portray our dominance.

Definitely not our best show but saying that, Brighton had all the possesion from 25 mins onwards but failed to do anything with it at all. I can only recall one shot on target that Kasper had to deal with in the second half other than the penalty so you could say we were quite happy to sit back and let them knock it around achieving nothing much like we used to do.

Nugent seemed to play the old Andy 'am I really on the pitch' King game but apart from that, all good, especially King. Big praise for Pearson and co though as they definitely gave someone instructions to tell to Kasper with regards to where the penalty was going to go. It's the little things like that and the fact we won and kept a clean sheet without playing our best which are making things look very positive at the moment.

Morgan is immense too, don't think I've seen him make a mistake all season and probably MOTM as he was faultless yet again.

Anyone down L1 end/North Stand have a good view of the penalty as from the other end it looked a very poor decision though was hard to see with all the mist and rain?
It was a penalty in my opinion. Needless challenge.

You'll have to find someone in L1 who might be able to explain why the linesman gave it - from the North Stand I don't think it looked like one.

King MotM for me - not because of the goal, but made 2 key defensive headers in his own penalty area, as well as general work rate

King MotM for me too - working alongside DD really brings the best out from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669