Post Match Leicester 1 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
:icon_lol: Lovely stuff

Last nights Tunnel cam

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a funny chat on The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast about ostrichgate.

'I'd be impressed if Pearson is flexible enough to get his head on the ground when standing upright.......He can get it up his arse'

I thought Pearson made himself look a bit of a div last night but it has been blown well out of proportion. And let's not forget that each and every one of those journalists would happily end Nige's career if they found a story juicy enough.

Few journos on Twitter saying that they/colleagues at the press conference felt Pat Murphy was out of line.

Was interesting to hear the debate, but Murphy just kept pushing and clearly wanted a strong response out of Pearson. Fair play to Nige for keeping his cool.

Twitter seems to be completely split down the middle. Quite interesting.

I loved it, although the whole charade was mutually narcissistic.

**** Pat Murphy. Most journalists are shit-stirring so and so's. The likes of Fergie and Mourinho have been ranting at press conferences for years.

**** Pat Murphy. Most journalists are shit-stirring so and so's. The likes of Fergie and Mourinho have been ranting at press conferences for years.

It's got to be the first ostrich though.

We've had seagulls. And Christian Gross' train ticket. But no ostriches from memory.

Few journos on Twitter saying that they/colleagues at the press conference felt Pat Murphy was out of line.

Was interesting to hear the debate, but Murphy just kept pushing and clearly wanted a strong response out of Pearson. Fair play to Nige for keeping his cool.
Any quotes anywhere that I can use in an argument with a journo Everton fan over here?

I like the fact that he said it was pearsons fault that the story escalated. Nothing to do with the journos like himself making it a big story.

Nige has brought these things on himself but if the reporters weren't also such cocks it'd be a different story. They want impunity to act and ask what they like without comeback.

Pat Murphy completely undermined his argument. Who was the bully in that exchange? Murphy was worse as it was a premeditated attack. Like all bullies he picked his target carefully - a smaller club manager - he would never dare take that approach to Mourinho or Ferguson. Shameful journalism.

Shameful indeed. I also thought the job of the press was to report news, not try to make it. A disgrace to the profession.

Last edited:
Of course NPs behaviour has been unprofessional on several occasions this season. The real question is why is he doing it?

There can only be two explanations for such consistent nonsense. One that he's mentally unravelling due to the pressure. The other is that he's doing it on purpose to try to create a 'them and us' ethos among the squad.

Before last night, I thought it was the former but now I'm convinced it's the latter. He's deliberately berating press, fans, players, whoever. It's from the Clough/Ferguson book of management. Except nowhere near as good.

Have you ever considered that some journos might be trying to wind him up on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669