Leicester 1 Hartlepool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for their awful finishing we would have lost that game.

I always find this comment a bit pointless. If they had better forwards they might have played further up the field to make the most of their better forwards, giving us more room to play behind them thus giving us more chances.

The awful finishing could cost us later on in this league, we need the likes of Dickov, DJ back as well as Ashley Chambers, they might not be brilliant but i am sure they could score some of these chances gifted to Fryatt and Howard, we have different types of forward and it could help us sink teams like hartlepool

But we did sink Hartlepool.:102:

I always find this comment a bit pointless. If they had better forwards they might have played further up the field to make the most of their better forwards, giving us more room to play behind them thus giving us more chances.

The point of the comment is the word 'convincing', that means to me we dominated the game and they did not get a sniff. That is far from the truth, they had some very good chances, but they skied or hit them wide. Last season better strikers would have finished us off with the chances we gave them.

TBF I thought we had plenty of space, but as Cleefox said if our strikers finished better we would have won by a larger margin.

The point of the comment is the word 'convincing', that means to me we dominated the game and they did not get a sniff. That is far from the truth, they had some very good chances, but they skied or hit them wide. Last season better strikers would have finished us off with the chances we gave them.

TBF I thought we had plenty of space, but as Cleefox said if our strikers finished better we would have won by a larger margin.

Don't forget this was our 3rd game in about a week ,before anyone start i know we should be fit enough to cope with this ,any team will get tired and a bit sloppy .

We still tried hard and won the game in the end, in my book that's what counts 3 more point move on to the next match ,plus NP rested a few players and never brought on a sub .

Which just show we have a strong team IMO.

The other plus from the match our keeper looked soiled and made some very good save's .

The other plus from the match our keeper looked soiled.

Shirt? Or just the shorts? Or did you notice something that the rest of us don't want to think about?

Don't forget this was our 3rd game in about a week ,before anyone start i know we should be fit enough to cope with this ,any team will get tired and a bit sloppy .

We still tried hard and won the game in the end, in my book that's what counts 3 more point move on to the next match ,plus NP rested a few players and never brought on a sub .

The other plus from the match our keeper looked soiled and made some very good save's .

The dirty fecker

goes hand in hand really :102:

Dyer is the player of the month IMO, he has been brilliant since he came to leicester, he is scoring and creating the chances, the perfect winger that we lacked over the last few years. Let's hope Adams and Max are learning from him.

I thought it was the final ball that was lacking. We got into some fantastic positions down both wings, but i lost count of the number of rubbish balls going into the box. Mainly from Adams.

Even the ball from Dyer that led to the goal was behind Oakley and seemed to give the defender the best chance.

I thought we looked in control for the majority of the game, Hartlepool never tested Martin and it always looked like we could step up a few gears if necessary.

IMO the next 4 games are all against teams which will be around the play offs come the end of the season. After these games we will have a better idea of how good/bad the team is.

Last edited:
The awful finishing could cost us later on in this league, we need the likes of Dickov, DJ back as well as Ashley Chambers, they might not be brilliant but i am sure they could score some of these chances gifted to Fryatt and Howard, we have different types of forward and it could help us sink teams like hartlepool

if we pick up on average 2 points a game with wins like Saturday, the bad finishing will not matter will it? But with our bad finishing we have picked up 6 points out of 6. Thats all I ask of them is winning a lot more than we lose and I could not give a flying fcuk if our finishing is bad or not.

It must be just me, but I thought we were not very convincing at all :102:
Yes we had a few chances, but most were straight at the keeper. We did not keep the ball very well, got hassled off the ball too much and did not close them down quick enough. If it wasn't for their awful finishing we would have lost that game.

Dyer had a great game MOM by a mile.

Yes a win is a win, but we were well short of convincing.

my thoughts exactly, i thought we were poor to be honest, howard was ridiculously frustrating, dyer was absolutely brilliant, but as you say, a win's a win, i prefer it now walking out the ground feeling quite flat after winning than last year walking out distraught because were crap.

if we pick up on average 2 points a game with wins like Saturday, the bad finishing will not matter will it? But with our bad finishing we have picked up 6 points out of 6. Thats all I ask of them is winning a lot more than we lose and I could not give a flying fcuk if our finishing is bad or not.
Can't argue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570