Post Match Leicester 1 Leeds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is prone to make simplistic and snide posts directed at me . But also because I can't recall any of his posts containing anything relevant to football.

:icon_lol:

I don't recall doing anything of the sort, mainly because I don't bother reading your posts, but if this is an example of the kind of crap you usually post then I'm not surprised I have.

Probably because the winger in question has the complete opposite natural attributes to make a full back and has never played for us there before but the striker, he does have all the natural attributes for a full back and has played there for us before and done exceptionally well playing some of his best games for us there whilst looking very promising for the future.

But yeah, Dyer seems like a much more reasoned decision.

Exceptional? Really?

I really enjoyed Keane's goal, goodness knows how many people missed it though, they were pouring out from the 80th minute onwards.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Keane's goal, goodness knows how many people missed it though, they were pouring out from the 80th minute onwards.

So did I. My enjoyment was stoked more by the thought of 2800 Leeds fans going home with the hump rather than the result.

Lloyd has played left back.....against Tranmere in League One.

However, teaming him up with Knockaert was destined to fail. Particularly given it was Leeds' right hand side which caused us trouble in the game at Elland Road.

So did I. My enjoyment was stoked more by the thought of 2800 Leeds fans going home with the hump rather than the result.

Especially as Warnock said it felt like a defeat in his post match :icon_lol:

Lloyd has played left back.....against Tranmere in League One.

However, teaming him up with Knockaert was destined to fail. Particularly given it was Leeds' right hand side which caused us trouble in the game at Elland Road.

1900 Leeds fans

I went last night, felt like a win, but really we were lucky to come away with a point. We were awful for the majority of the match. We just didn't seem to have any idea what to do. However, to our credit, Kenny did pull of some cracking saves. Going of that performance, we will be lucky to get a play-off place. The automatics are nowhere near achievable now IMO. Also, Dyer has got to be the worst left back I have ever seen, although tbf to him, I don't think he's ever played there until last night, not in a City shirt anyway. Leeds have got to be the most negative playing side I have ever seen, however, playing away from home that's what you need to be, and it nearly worked. Although they seemed to play like this earlier in the season at their place. Roll on Saturday.

Some news from near the dugout.

I thought the Leeds supporters lived down to their reputation with their Jimmy Savile chant.

In the 1st half Pearson and Warnock were getting on well. However, Nigel became increasingly annoyed with the linesman (as I still call him) at one point calling him a "F_____ clown". At one point Nigel was standing close to the linesman drinking from a bottle Someone shouted "Hit him with it Nigel" and Pearson turned to us and grinned; usually he pretends not to hear the crowd. Understandably Nigel's mood soured when we went behind.

Knockaert looked in a strop as he was substituted. Yet I felt that Marshall contributed far more to the team. In recent games Knockaert has been underwhelming.
Nugent was not in a strop but was much more subdued than usual when he came off.

What has happened to Mike Stowell? The jumps up and down in frustration have gone. I had always seen Steve Walsh Sr as the Yoda of the club but Mike is showing a jedi-like calm. For his fans it is very disappointing.

Sounds like we played poorly then
...so a point is a good result. Positivity people!

Sounds like we played poorly then
...so a point is a good result. Positivity people!
We weren't great but going behind, albeit to a routine set piece, was unfortunate in my opinion. Our troubles started after that, their heads went down and the nervousness all around the ground and the team was tangible. It was pleasing, however ugly, hurried and hap-hazard it was, that the team really rallied in the last 10 minutes as did the few remaining home fans. Credit to Waghorn, Marshall and even Kasper for keeping the balls flying into the box and the pressure on.

Of course 10 minutes of frantic ball pinging into their box doesn't constitute a good performance, but it was a lovely moment to see Keane nod the header in and should be used as a spring-board into the upcoming games. They need a serious kick up the arse, and the it was clear they were all pretty relived at full time rather completely pumped up and disregarding the generally poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566