Post Match Leicester 1 Leeds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did I say we couldn't have one? My point was that unless we can get somebody better than De Laet (who can play left back) then why get somebody in to sit on the bench? St Ledger can play right back as can Keane. Even if we did have a
reserve LB would they have been on the subs bench...probably not.

You forget the fact that Konchesky has been shit for large parts of the season, the backup left back would be playing never mind on the bench.

As it is we are relying on an injured centre half to play right back whilst our proper right back plays left back, lovely stuff.

Well hiring an Ex England manager hasn't done it for us either so what level of experience is the right level?

Pretty sure that Cate isn't proposing the bullshit option of changing a manager in charge of a team currently languishing in the playoffs.

Good point on the radio just there - big credit has to go to Kasper for the goal.

He didn't get it himself but he was the only one putting himself about going for the 50/50 headers in the air which won us the corner we scored from.

Really need someone like that in the outfield.

Good point on the radio just there - big credit has to go to Kasper for the goal.

He didn't get it himself but he was the only one putting himself about going for the 50/50 headers in the air which won us the corner we scored from.

Really need someone like that in the outfield.

Seeing as we will possibly have a winger or cenre half playing left back why not let kasper play midfield?

You forget the fact that Konchesky has been shit for large parts of the season, the backup left back would be playing never mind on the bench.

As it is we are relying on an injured centre half to play right back whilst our proper right back plays left back, lovely stuff.

Do you think NP is going to get to training tomorrow and it will suddenly dawn on him we don't have cover? If there isn't anybody out there who is better then what we already have (which I agree is less than an ideal) then why bother?

Can I just say, I think Dyer was the right replacement for Konch?

Whitbread is slow and gets caught out enough in the middle... no way would I have trusted him at left back. Would've been free kick after free kick (if he even got near enough the player to give one away).

We need a left back, yes... but with the players available, I'd have put Dyer there too.

Was there any word on Konchesky's injury after the game? What it is and how bad?

Pearson just said he will have a scan on it in the morning and we'll find out then.

Do you think NP is going to get to training tomorrow and it will suddenly dawn on him we don't have cover? If there isn't anybody out there who is better then what we already have (which I agree is less than an ideal) then why bother?

It's almost as if you are ignoring the 2 transfer windows Pearson has had to strengthen those elements of the team...

And to clarify that's not Pearson bashing. I think he's a good manager that still has a lot to learn in his trade, as most of us do. His eye for a solid centre back is good. His ability to put together a quality scouting team is good.

What we don't seem to be able to do is maintain a very good position in the league for more than about 3 games. Shame really.

It's almost as if you are ignoring the 2 transfer windows Pearson has had to strengthen those elements of the team...

Yeah but we can't get Jordi Alba so there is no point whatsoever in having anyone else that can play in that position.......

TBF to Pearson I do think he would have seen Schlupp as an ample back-up for short-term cover but no one would have guessed we would have him away for 5-6 weeks on trial at Man Utd!

Last edited:
Another poor result and another poor performance. Lloyd Dyer, bless hom, at left back might be the worst thing I've ever seen. And I've seen Hollyoaks. This run of form needs sorting or we'll be finishing about where we finished last year. I'd take the season endong now, to be honest. Pearson did himself no favours with his post-match interview tonight. He came across as being extremely arrogant. It isn't the biggest of deals but it probably isn't the best idea to go about acting the prick when you're not at your best doing the day job.

But if there is nobody that fits the bill or is affordable that what should he do? I am not saying we don't need cover - we clearly do. For all we know he spent the whole of Jan looking for cover. To suggest however that it is some kind of oversight is naive.

Anyway no point going round and round.

Another poor result and another poor performance. Lloyd Dyer, bless hom, at left back might be the worst thing I've ever seen. And I've seen Hollyoaks. This run of form needs sorting or we'll be finishing about where we finished last year. I'd take the season endong now, to be honest. Pearson did himself no favours with his post-match interview tonight. He came across as being extremely arrogant. It isn't the biggest of deals but it probably isn't the best idea to go about acting the prick when you're not at your best doing the day job.

Maybe it's because he knows the season isn't endong now?

Walking to work, constantly refreshing the BBC page for this match and watching the minutes creep nearer to 90 I felt it a good idea to trick the **** out of fate by apologising for the defeat. Worked a charm. Ok, it's only a point, but it could be so important come the end of the season. I'm Joe_Fox

What worries me is that 4 of the next 6 games are away from home.Since our away form is doing a good impression of a pile of rotting shite I may just go & lay down in a dark room until May & then come out a see how it all turned out.

Tom Kennedy seemed a reasonable back up at LB, could do a job and inexpensive but he left for free. Recall for Schlupp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669