Post Match Leicester 1 Liverpool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what top striker would come here? Vardy is nailed on to play so which striker of a similar quality would come to sit on the bench?

no point suggesting a 352 as we aren't going to play that

Can't imagine any top strikers would come to us full stop. What we haven't got is a reserve striker. Are there any other teams in the league with one striker on their books?

I think what we need is a young, up and coming striker who will be happy to develop. Like we've brought in with Soyuncu and Benkovic in defence. Or even when we brought in Gray.

Admittedly I think that's also part of the reason for signing Nacho, but we need another option still.

Vardy is dead cert first choice and rightly so, but we need other options.

And I do agree it was a mistake/surprise to let Ulloa and Slimani both go.

Bar the very top 4 teams who has a very good second string striker?

There are very few good strikers who would be happy bench warming to play perhaps 8 games a season.

Good job he did, 'cos that was 3-1

We created precisely nothing throughout the game, and only scored because of a typical Liverpool goalkeeping comedy spectacular

We piss around with the truly hopeless Gray up front, whilst two busy-as-anythng strikers sit on the bench twiddling their feckin thumbs . When we finally bring one on (and score straight away) we fart about with the set up and stick our most creative player out wide (where he looked totally lost) and then take him off altogether to brng Amartey on FFS. No wonder the last fifteen mnutes were total crap. What a set of utterly stupid decisions from the clown prince

On the upside, Mendy and N'D'id'i were simply fabulous in the middle of the park, Maddison useful in front of them, Albrighton and 'new Mahrez' very good indeed. What a crying shame they didn't have a forward on the pitch to play with.

Chilwell was outstanding coming forward - what a wing back he would make. Pity we'll never see it.

Maguire did well, covering constantly for the now seriously struggling Morgan next to him, but as a collective defensive unit we are bobbins. Two complete defensive howlers, not to mention that shower in the first three minutes, and one or two others. It's very, very poor

You know what - I think we have some very good players here at the moment. Led and managed correctly we could be top six. We really, really could.

Won't happen with this man in charge.
so we didn't great the Gray chance which would have beat most goalies and we didn't create the maddison chance that was a certain goal but for Gomez last ditch tackle, and we didn't create the chance that fell to Morgan six yards out which he put wide....
I must have been watching a different game.....!!
but for the tentative defending and slight lack of confidence vs a dangerous opponent I thought we were great....
not finished article or full strength.
but pretty damn supportable...

Good job he did, 'cos that was 3-1

We created precisely nothing throughout the game, and only scored because of a typical Liverpool goalkeeping comedy spectacular

We piss around with the truly hopeless Gray up front, whilst two busy-as-anythng strikers sit on the bench twiddling their feckin thumbs . When we finally bring one on (and score straight away) we fart about with the set up and stick our most creative player out wide (where he looked totally lost) and then take him off altogether to brng Amartey on FFS. No wonder the last fifteen mnutes were total crap. What a set of utterly stupid decisions from the clown prince

On the upside, Mendy and N'D'id'i were simply fabulous in the middle of the park, Maddison useful in front of them, Albrighton and 'new Mahrez' very good indeed. What a crying shame they didn't have a forward on the pitch to play with.

Chilwell was outstanding coming forward - what a wing back he would make. Pity we'll never see it.

Maguire did well, covering constantly for the now seriously struggling Morgan next to him, but as a collective defensive unit we are bobbins. Two complete defensive howlers, not to mention that shower in the first three minutes, and one or two others. It's very, very poor

You know what - I think we have some very good players here at the moment. Led and managed correctly we could be top six. We really, really could.

Won't happen with this man in charge.
Perfect summary.

Ndidi and Mendy were just on another level today, superb.

Say Vardy gets a longish injury, what do we do then ?

We go into a whole Premier League season where, if Vardy is out for any reason, we have absolutely no idea whatsoever what on earth we are going to do and are hopelessly fumbling around playing people out of position in a desperate attempt to muddle through until Vardy gets back in again

It's possibly the most insanely unprepared, unconsidered season I can remember for years

That's really not true. We've prepared very well and bought players in key areas that were needed. I totally agree we need another striker, but to say this is insanely unprepared and unconsidered is just not true.

The midfield looked as good as Liverpool's. The defence had a terrible start. I am surprised that Morgan started. I would have played Amartey aqt centre back. Amartey comes in for a lot of criticism and has not looked impressive this leads to him being underrated. Would Maguire have looked impressive if he had been consistently been played at right back?

Leicester looked better when Kalechi came on. Gray is a very talented young player but he is not a centre forward. One impressive thing about Leicester is that Foxes Never Quit and I felt that if anybody was going to score in extre time it would be us.

The Leicester bench was extraordinary. Contrary to hus reputation Mr Puel was constantly urging the team forward. I have never seen Puel so agitated. At one point Mike Stowell was calming him down - Mike Stowell advocating calm is like Casanova advocating celibacy.

Jurgen Klopp is my favourite Premier League Manage. He is clearly a fine manager and I feel he would be good company in a pub. However, his interviews are so wonderfully eccentric that I am surprised he got appointed. I wonder what Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley would make of his style.

. I have a great affection for Liverpool. Its Anglican Cathedral and St Georges Hall are among the best architecture in England. It has embraced its heritage - including the horrors of the slave trade - in a way that puts Leicester to shame. If I had to choose between the top London clubs, the two Manchester clubs or Liverpool I would prefer Liverpool to win the Premier League.

Last edited:
Excellent performance imo but obviously a disappointing result.

Essentially pushed one of the best teams in Europe right to the wire whilst having a very young squad.

We had the better chances and were on top more but they were more clinical in front of goal and tighter at the back which is essentially the difference between and top 4 team and a 6-10 place team.

No reason to doubt the future or the season ahead on today's performance.

Because it fits your dislike of our current manager.
It’s because I agree with each point regardless of who the manager is. But thanks for your contribution - as insightful and brilliant as always.

Lots of positives but why did we take off Maddison and bring on Amartey?
My thoughts exactly - it signalled we were happy with a 1-2 defeat ( or concede again) as Amartey would never be expected to score or provide an assist. Aside from that, I thought the whole team played very well in second half - even before we were gifted a comedy goal. Pity Morgan couldn't finish from 3 metres out.
Let's hope Vardy is raring to go when he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566