Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (League cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shite penalties do my head in (as a former penalty taker at a decent level).

Fuchs and Soyuncu both scored last round. Maddison scored one a couple of weeks ago.

Players don't always score penalties. Shit happens. Especially around things like penalties.

Froze my balls off once again. Much better than Palace though.
First half woeful but second half not so bad. Hamza MOM by a long stretch.

Soyuncu is going to be a terrific asset, but he needs time to learn and be a little less erratic. Fuchs proved he can still cut it (apart from the penalty). Ward isn't as good as Kasper. N'Didi needs a break. Simpson is definitely the most reliable RB we have, solid.

Those three penalties were just absolutely ****ing shit. Yes sometimes you miss, but you have to be in it to win it, and with those penalties we certainly weren't, innit?

I'm sorry that was fecking woeful, team selection was extremely negative, we barely ventured out of our half in the first half let alone show any real sustained attacking intent. In the second half he puts on 2 players who should have been starting anyway, we see an improvement but we hardly threw the kitchen sink at them, we had 2 shots on target the whole game.....feckin 2 in a quarter final at home.

Choudry was our best player by far and the only plus point if Puel can come out with any credit from last night. IMO he is in survival mode and he is now ensuring we do not get a real hammering which would probably signal the end of his reign. Last night was powder puff and I feel again like last season we have limped out of another cup competition.

Oh and Vardy didn't play as he was tired.....feck off Claude, please go today.

Fuchs and Soyuncu both scored last round. Maddison scored one a couple of weeks ago.

Players don't always score penalties. Shit happens. Especially around things like penalties.
Sorry, I’m not sure I get your point?

Come on then who is willing to bet me a tenner on Puel picking Soynocu and Hamza on Saturday?

And if Man City had played their best 11 from the start?
They were never going to. They’re competing for the PL and the Champions League. We’re competing for 10th place.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Come on then who is willing to bet me a tenner on Puel picking Soynocu and Hamza on Saturday?
Picking players after a good performance? Doesn’t sound like Claude.

He’ll drop both of them out of the 18 completely no doubt.

After the first half hour we decided we wanted to play and put in a good performance. Choudhury, and Fuchs were outstanding. Simpson was his usual reliable self. Albrighton should be playing.
Maguire and Soyuncu coped well.

Iheanacho, Ghezzal, Ndidi should not be near the team at the moment.
I agree with that. Choudhury showed himself to be a better option than he has previously been. He's coming on.
For me the team for the weekend should be
Schmeichel
Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs
Choudhury
Albrighton Maddison Gray
Okazaki
Vardy

Pereira can come on for one of the wide men and we can go two up front if we are chasing. For me, Maddison needs to be challenged to run the game from the half way line and can't afford the luxury of two blockers who can't pass behind him. Okazaki deserves his chance because hes a better option to balance the side than diabate, iheanacho or ghezzal all of which are playing like boiled shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566