Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (League cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't his fault. It was the stupidity of the players who took the penalties that lost it.
And another thing, a penalty shootout isn't a lottery, it's a competition. Losers lose it and winners win it.

It wasn't his fault. It was the stupidity of the players who took the penalties that lost it.
Does the fault have to be mutually exclusive?

And another thing, a penalty shootout isn't a lottery, it's a competition. Losers lose it and winners win it.

As far as I can tell, the Penalty shoot out was Puel's fault, as was the team selection and setup, the de Bruyne goal, and above all the inconsideration shown by Pep in sending out a below full strength team which was still formidable by any objective standard.

Strangely, our digging in and staying strong after going down a goal and losing possession for large stretches of the first half, the much improved defensive performance as the game went on, the introduction of Albrighton and his goal, and Maguire's pen - Puel had nothing to do with any of this.

I think I'm getting the hang of this, now.

As far as I can tell, the Penalty shoot out was Puel's fault, as was the team selection and setup, the de Bruyne goal, and above all the inconsideration shown by Pep in sending out a below full strength team which was still formidable by any objective standard.

Strangely, our digging in and staying strong after going down a goal and losing possession for large stretches of the first half, the much improved defensive performance as the game went on, the introduction of Albrighton and his goal, and Maguire's pen - Puel had nothing to do with any of this.

What a load of old bollocks.

The penalty shootout intrigues me. We looked so positive, in both our previous attempts this season. I wonder why we looked so poor against Manchester City. Logically, I would have thought that penalties were a great leveller and that we should have got a real boost - particularly after Sterling's effort.

None of our takers, including Harry Maguire, gave the appearance of any belief that they were going to trouble the keeper.

As far as I can tell, the Penalty shoot out was Puel's fault, as was the team selection and setup...

You think the team selection and set up wasn't down to Puel ?

The single most influential thing that a Manager does - train/develop//motivate/prepare the players and set up the team and tactics for every single match ?

Nothing to do with Puel ?

How very odd

Some of you seem to be suggesting that the remit of the manager stretches beyond saying qualiteee intensiteee possibiliteee to the media immediately after performances which demonstrated none of those things. So called fans etc and so on.

Some of you seem to be suggesting that the remit of the manager stretches beyond saying qualiteee intensiteee possibiliteee to the media immediately after performances which demonstrated none of those things. So called fans etc and so on.

You forgot penalteee.

Oh come on. I haven't seen anyone argue either of these absurdly extreme positions.

My prediction is that the next argument peddled will be that the players are conspiring against Puel.

And then it will be that Vichai's death scuppered Puel.

Then maybe that the ground is cursed by the spirit of a mad monk.

Anything other than holding the man in charge responsible for his underachievement.

Puel isn't incompetent. He's just blindingly obviously not good enough.

Oooh such anger.
Keep off the caffeine for a while, if i was you.
A well structured, eloquent, considered response. Kudos. If I appear angry it may be because pissing away hundreds of pounds to watch the kind of poorly organised, badly thought out, tactically inept football Puel has us playing isn't my idea of a good use of cash. I'm sure you'll tell me that I had decided that I wanted to waste my money way before Puel arrived anyway becasue I am a 'so called', 'fickle', 'bone-headed', 'plastic' blah blah Zzzzzzzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263