Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (League cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because I was under the impression that our owners were ambitious. Ambitions further, presumably, than falling out of every cup competition when we face a team of any kind of pedigree - whether they play their first team or not.

Man City were never going to play a full strength side yesterday.
We should have.

To suggest that Albrighton and Maddison starting is hindsight is ridiculous. I think at least 80% of this forum - and the majority of pundits - were asking this question before the match had even started. Nobody changed their mind about it.

Puel’s first few games - as said elsewhere - were good. We played with fire and looked bothered. He has sucked the life out of the team.

You say you can see us being very close to being a good team. When did you start thinking that - and what is it based on? I do not understand.

Because I was under the impression that our owners were ambitious. Ambitions further, presumably, than falling out of every cup competition when we face a team of any kind of pedigree - whether they play their first team or not.

Man City were never going to play a full strength side yesterday.
We should have.

To suggest that Albrighton and Maddison starting is hindsight is ridiculous. I think at least 80% of this forum - and the majority of pundits - were asking this question before the match had even started. Nobody changed their mind about it.

Puel’s first few games - as said elsewhere - were good. We played with fire and looked bothered. He has sucked the life out of the team.

You say you can see us being very close to being a good team. When did you start thinking that - and what is it based on? I do not understand.
He hasn’t watched us since February.

I hate this manager merry-go-round but for the love of god can we tell him to **** off now?

He's drained the life out of us, I'm bored shitless every single home game.

And it's got to the point where just hearing him regurgitate the word intensity makes me want to go on the ****ing rampage

Shite penalties do my head in (as a former penalty taker at a decent level).

I don't mind the Fuchs one so much, he went high with some power and missed - it happens but the other two were poor and Maddison and Soyuncu made it easy for their keeper. No power in them.

As for the game. More crap really. We wasted 60 minutes nullifying our own attacks by playing the ball backwards only to resort to a long ball which usually gifted possession back anyway. We were better when Maddison and Albrighton came on but still lacked 'intensity'. The goal we scored was quality, a great long ball from Ndidi, world class touch and great finish from Albrighton but other than a few mazey runs into their half from Maguire I was less than impressed...

I agree with that. Choudhury showed himself to be a better option than he has previously been. He's coming on.
For me the team for the weekend should be
Schmeichel
Simpson Morgan Maguire Fuchs
Choudhury
Albrighton Maddison Gray
Okazaki
Vardy

Pereira can come on for one of the wide men and we can go two up front if we are chasing. For me, Maddison needs to be challenged to run the game from the half way line and can't afford the luxury of two blockers who can't pass behind him. Okazaki deserves his chance because hes a better option to balance the side than diabate, iheanacho or ghezzal all of which are playing like boiled shite
Not a bad side I would put Mendy in for Choudry but have him on the bench and give him at least half an hour, I do agree he needs games now to prove he can perform consistently. I would like to Soyunco in for Morgan and get him to gel with Maguire. Simpson is a 50/50 yes he can defend but he can not set up or sustain an attack because his passing is shit. I agree 100% with Vardy and Shinji just keep playing them they will get better the problem is Puel keeps bloody rotating players rather than having a settled team.

7 changes.so it was quite clear that we would lose this one again.why is it that everyone can see that hes the worst shit manager that will be getting us near the bottom by boxing day,how long can this shit go on.im putting my season ticket in the fire .i wont be going again until that shit manager gets sacked,

7 changes.so it was quite clear that we would lose this one again.why is it that everyone can see that hes the worst shit manager that will be getting us near the bottom by boxing day,how long can this shit go on.im putting my season ticket in the fire .i wont be going again until that shit manager gets sacked,
Really?
Probably not at a guess.
How are the bruised knees?

What kind of reception did Riyad get?

Watching it on TV is not ideal but I thought Gray and Hamza played well.

Taking off Iborra is always an astute tactical move; not picking him in the first place would be even better.

No and who knows, hindsight eh?
I'm not sure you know what hindsight means or how to use it.

It was obvious from the very start to most posters on here and most people with a brain in their ****ing head that the team he had selected was always going to be nothing more than a training opportunity for Manchester City. After about ten minutes that was even clearer. After we brought on our better players, we were better; it's not ****ing quantum mechanics is it now?! We don't need hindsight to make these judgements, almost everyone else had the foresight to know what would happen the second that incomprehensible line up was announced. This guy is so far out of his depth he's unlikely ever to see the surface again.

Yes, I can see why you think that’s a disaster. Think of all the things you could have done, e.g. in the back of a bus, instead of wasting your time on Spaceinvaders and Asteroids.
Nothing compares to Monster Munch Pickled Onion.

I'm not sure you know what hindsight means or how to use it.

It was obvious from the very start to most posters on here and most people with a brain in their ****ing head that the team he had selected was always going to be nothing more than a training opportunity for Manchester City. After about ten minutes that was even clearer. After we brought on our better players, we were better; it's not ****ing quantum mechanics is it now?! We don't need hindsight to make these judgements, almost everyone else had the foresight to know what would happen the second that incomprehensible line up was announced. This guy is so far out of his depth he's unlikely ever to see the surface again.
Oooh such anger.
Keep off the caffeine for a while, if i was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263