Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect they'd have been as complacent as they were on Saturday.

They have rarely played 2 good halves in a game all season.

They (the amazing players) have also been incredibly slow to start games so I don't see why tonight they would be the saviours from the start.

If anything the Fringe players had something to prove.

Our supposed strong team has played one full game well all season, the rest have been 1 half performances so this is just typical made up tosh that is always dished out when a manager makes a decision.
So you think, having watched the game, that we'd have been no better off playing Vardy and Mahrez from the start? Seriously?

So you think, having watched the game, that we'd have been no better off playing Vardy and Mahrez from the start? Seriously?

Yes, well done.

Yep That was my point. But maybe they'll let us have an open top bus for a top ten finish? Utd are going to shit all over us on Saturday anyway (it's my birthday so it's inevitable) so we may as well have gone for it. Furthest we've got in a domestic cup competition in a while & we treated it as an inconvenience. I really ****ing hate that. It's bad enough when the so-called big boys do it but if clubs of our stature are going to do it too what's the point of even having the competition in the first place? Wembley finals? Place in Europe? nah, **** that...lets make an extra few quid for finishing 2 places higher in the league.

Christ it ****s me right off.

We should have finished them off earlier on, but we didn’t test Bravo enough. Our final balls were wasteful, with Chilwell and King the biggest culprits.

Fuchs, Dragovic and Iheanacho were absolutely dreadful.

Knew Mahrez would miss. He should never take a penalty again. Awful awful penalty. We may as well have not put a goalkeeper between the sticks.

Yep That was my point. But maybe they'll let us have an open top bus for a top ten finish? Utd are going to shit all over us on Saturday anyway (it's my birthday so it's inevitable) so we may as well have gone for it. Furthest we've got in a domestic cup competition in a while & we treated it as an inconvenience. I really ****ing hate that. It's bad enough when the so-called big boys do it but if clubs of our stature are going to do it too what's the point of even having the competition in the first place? Wembley finals? Place in Europe? nah, **** that...lets make an extra few quid for finishing 2 places higher in the league.

Christ it ****s me right off.
It's ****ing annoying isn't it?! We just pissed away a chance to actually have something meaningful again this season. If we play a 'full strength' eleven and get beat, then such is life but to frig around with half a team of players who between them have amassed such a tiny amount of playing time is just foolish. Oh well, we can all bask in the glory of a top ten finish if that transpires. We must learn our lesson for the FA Cup and at least give that one more of a shot.

The team we had out and the substitutions we made should have been good enough to win the game.

Let’s not forget that Mahrez and Vardy both ended up playing 70 minutes.

I can imagine the abuse being spouted if Chilwell had defended like Fuchs did today, he has been bad for a while but tonight he was awful and it should be clear to most now why Chilwell seems to have taken over

I can imagine the abuse being spouted if Chilwell had defended like Fuchs did today, he has been bad for a while but tonight he was awful and it should be clear to most now why Chilwell seems to have taken over
The problem is that Chilwell isn’t much better. New left back needed.

Thanks for the affirmation. It doesn't make your comment in any way more justifiable. It's just nonsense.

No it isn't.

Your short memory on the 1st half perfornces of our galactico players is nonsense

Don't understand why we didn't go full strength really, but a decent performance on the whole, particularly given that so many 'squad players' started the match. Does feel like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Should have started the first choice side from the league but I guess it's a chance for Puel to play some of the players who might be in his ear about not starting games...

Bullshit it was then.

Whether we need another left back or not is another debate, but Chilwell has never been as crap as Fuchs was for us tonight yet people still make out he’s the player of 2 seasons ago

Disagree. Chilwell looked excellent again today but I do think he seems better utilised infront of Fuchs as a left winger.. his best talents are going forward.

The team we had out and the substitutions we made should have been good enough to win the game.

Let’s not forget that Mahrez and Vardy both ended up playing 70 minutes.

Nonsense, the extra 20 minutes would have seen Mahrez and Vardy destroy the minows of Manchester City.

We should have played Wilfred as well and pretended he wasn't suspended.

Simpson would have scored a hatrick and Morgan would have kept them to only 1 goal....... Oh hang on

I thought that it was a really poor game. Man City were much weaker than I expected and they didn't really play anyone in an out and out attacking role. Without a forward worth the name to mark, Maguire stood out.

King was terrible. Iheanacho played like he'd got no interest in being there. Hamer was terrifying every time the ball went into our area, and occasionally before it even got that far. Chilwell looked knackered from minute one.

I don't get the criticism of Dragovic or Fuchs. Both were okay. Amartey is clumsy but might actually make a decent right back if we gave him a run. Worth doing that first if we're looking to recruit one in January.

Man City strolled through the evening really and we didn't do anything interesting to counteract them again. Puel showed nothing tactically and we really didn't make any kind of effort to attack them until we'd played an hour.

I hope Gray gets banned for what was a really poor dive for the penalty. Getting pretty sick of diving in just about every game now. On my only view, looked to me like Vardy did one of his kick the defender and collapse routines too.

On the penalties, how many times do Vardy and Mahrez have to miss before we accept that they're not very good at them? Iborra and Fuchs were far more assured and calm and should be our regular first and second choice takers for me. Mahrez shouldn't be allowed near a penalty again.

Highlight of the evening for me was that fan that charged at Guardiola only to slip on his arse like a total bellend and get carted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566