Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not as upset as some, by the team selection: however, I'd love to know what Jakupovic has done; he couldn't get a game under Shakespeare and Puel seems to agree. All I ever hear in defense of Hamer is, what a good egg he is to have around the squad.

Amartey was pretty solid and I am puzzled as to why, with him and Simpson, right back should be such an issue. We should be looking to the left, where we play Fuchs and Chilwell in the hope that the two will equal one full back.

Dragovic didn't inspire hope that he's the centre back that we desperately need but Iheanacho garnered my sympathy: he's not Vardy mark two and I fear that we'll waste his talents as we have those of Musa and Slimani. We buy forwards and refuse to play to their strengths.

At least Puel has got to see these fringe players in a competitive situation and we have to trust that he will make the right decisions in January to move the club forward.

P.S. I agree with those calling for the otherwise excellent Gray to face disciplinary action for the penalty dive.

How can any Leicester fan hope that one of our better players gets banned? It beggars belief.

No mention of the kick in the head that Chilwell got.
Anywhere else on the pitch, get a freekick.
In the box, a goalkick !!!

Just woke up. Still annoyed by team selection.

We did, however, play for 60/70 minutes with Maguire, Chilwell, Iborra, Mahrez, Vardy, Gray and Okazaki

Against a Man City Youth/ reserves XI and could only score by cheating a penalty

We did, however, play for 60/70 minutes with Maguire, Chilwell, Iborra, Mahrez, Vardy, Gray and Okazaki

Against a Man City Youth/ reserves XI and could only score by cheating a penalty

A youthful Man City side that included Toure (24 million), Gundogan (20 million), Silva (43 million), Jesus (27 million), Bravo (15 million), Danilo (26 million), Mangala (32 million) and Kyle Walker (45 million).

But Micky, whilst correct that speaks more of Man City's affluence rather than diminishing Homer's point.

P
A youthful Man City side that included Toure (24 million), Gundogan (20 million), Silva (43 million), Jesus (27 million), Bravo (15 million), Danilo (26 million), Mangala (32 million) and Kyle Walker (45 million).
icky bastard, that's only about £220 million.

If they couldn't get a game/place on the bench last night, I can't imagine we'll be seeing either Musa or Slimani again.

You know you are a miserable **** when it's me saying it, miserable, negative ****ers.

Hope the players don't give up on the league as easy as some of you lot.

You know you are a miserable **** when it's me saying it, miserable, negative ****ers.

Hope the players don't give up on the league as easy as some of you lot.

Personally I've not given up. I just don't find an 8th place finish as exciting as semi finals, a Wembley trip or a cup win. When I think back to the MON days I'm more likely to remember the stuff we won than where in mid-table we finished. It's an odd tactic to go in last night half arsed because we'll be playing for a narrow defeat at the weekend.

On Iheanacho, I think there is a developing trend for us fans when we look at a new striker; they're lazy, useless feckwits.

The standard and comparison for years to come is and will be Vardy and Okazaki. Who is likely to match up to them? They charge about like their life depends on it and we've got used to seeing it.

So when we get someone with a different approach, we just see laziness and lack of application. Even those with some credibility in the bank such as Ulloa have got bucket loads of criticism since the title winning season. Likewise, Slimani, Musa and now Iheanacho.

It's going to be hard to be a new City striker for a while.

Hamer did ok but never looked remotely capable of stopping a penalty during the shootout. Really missed Kasper in that scenario. We've never had much luck with shootouts but that's just one of the ways in which we shot ourselves in the foot by not playing a full strength side last night.

Personally I've not given up. I just don't find an 8th place finish as exciting as semi finals, a Wembley trip or a cup win. When I think back to the MON days I'm more likely to remember the stuff we won than where in mid-table we finished. It's an odd tactic to go in last night half arsed because we'll be playing for a narrow defeat at the weekend.

Which will mean three draining defeats on the spin if it happens.

On Iheanacho, I think there is a developing trend for us fans when we look at a new striker; they're lazy, useless feckwits.

The standard and comparison for years to come is and will be Vardy and Okazaki. Who is likely to match up to them? They charge about like their life depends on it and we've got used to seeing it.

So when we get someone with a different approach, we just see laziness and lack of application. Even those with some credibility in the bank such as Ulloa have got bucket loads of criticism since the title winning season. Likewise, Slimani, Musa and now Iheanacho.

Very true to be fair.

Lazy isn't a label I'd put on Slimani. Think he's harshly judged, but as you say, is a different type of player.

I don't want to see an Ulloa or Slimani charging around the pitch.

Iheanacho though, his movement was very limited last night. I'm excited to see him play each time he gets a chance because I believe there's a good player there... but we've not really seen it so far have we?

Because diving is the modern - and I hate the word - cancer of football.

I hate any players diving and PARTICULARLY ours, so if he gets banned then that’s better than fine with me too.

I hate it too, but wishing our squad to be weakened when we’re about to play Man Utd at home is ludicrous.

No one seemed to mind the similar penalties Vardy won in our title winning season.

Inneachio has an awful attitude IMO it showed massively last night maybe it is his age however, good players work their tits off trying to win the ball back he just sulked last night and allowed their player to drive 20m towards our goal! It is not a different approach to Vardy or Shinji it is a I am too big for this complex.

What did you think of Iheanacho’s work rate and application when he lost the ball and made no effort to try to win it back, leading to their goal?

Let me guess...”different approach”?

Because diving is the modern - and I hate the word - cancer of football.

I hate any players diving and PARTICULARLY ours, so if he gets banned then that’s better than fine with me too.
the only way you stop diving is for refs to start giving fouls when players stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566