Post Match Leicester 1 Manchester City 1 (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clearly a wasted opportunity. If we’d started with a stronger team, we’d have pressured Man City in the first half, not just the second.
We played a team expecting to lose. And we did.
that cup game was an opportunity to play squad players who would not otherwise get a run out, the difference between the two teams is about 90 million pounds. Those Man city players celebrated after because they know it means they get more game time this season and a chance to impress their manager. Inneachio played himself into the reserves permanently tonight he was massively disappointing, the way he just gave up for their goal was shocking, especially when you would have thought he would be going into the game with the mind set of earning a starting place, or at least a seat on the bench!

What the heck was that fan doing that charged at Guardiola only to slip on his arse like a total bellend and get carted out?

DRcG0DDWAAE3l3G.jpg

Well i enjoyed it all you miserable feckers. Was an interesting and, in places, exciting game to watch - and a nce bit of drama at the end

Spent quite some time watching Iheanacho, and became completely engrossed in observing how absolutely feckin shite he is compared to Vardy. Spent his entire hour on the pitch standing virtually still in the middle of the park, waiting for something to happen and for someone else to do some work - then looking misreable when an attack came to nothing. He was absolutely dreadful - Vardy comes on and he is making runs all over the pitch and creating space - talk about chalk and cheese. He's a complete dud, in my opinion

Fuchs and Dragovic struggled a bit, but really tried their (limited) socks off. Same goes for Chilwell, and Amartey found it all a bit tough - those morons who rejoice in criticising Simpson really dont understand how lucky we are

And the complete shitwad Andy King was nothing short of a disgrace. He's stealing a living and it's scandalous

Apart from that we worked our bollocks off, and fully deserved the equaliser
Pens is pens so tough titty in the end

Had we played a proper team, we would have beaten them at a canter, but there you go. It will all be worth it when we finsh tenth instead of eleventh

It's ****ing annoying isn't it?! We just pissed away a chance to actually have something meaningful again this season. If we play a 'full strength' eleven and get beat, then such is life but to frig around with half a team of players who between them have amassed such a tiny amount of playing time is just foolish. Oh well, we can all bask in the glory of a top ten finish if that transpires. We must learn our lesson for the FA Cup and at least give that one more of a shot.
It's just diluting the game to ridiculous levels. For me personally, when I look back at over 40 years of following football, the majority of games that have provide the most tension,drama, excitement & really rattled the emotions have been cup ties. Whether it's the joy of watching us batter an opponent we weren't expected to beat out of sight, or a last gasp turnaround when losing looked inevitable, or a tense,close game decided at the death by a moment of drama or brilliance (or even good fortune) or simply games that had a ludicrous amount of incident for one 90 minute period.

Cup matches give you that. It's why TV channels never have a shortage of footage of such events when the FA Cup or the World Cup come around. It's why certain players & certain moments have passed into folklore despite their overall careers & the clubs they played for being by & large unremarkable. It's particularly true for fans of clubs that haven't had periods of league dominance to enjoy. Cups give you the chance of a day in the sun. For clubs,for players,for fans. It's why people who weren't even born at the time know who Ronnie Radford is. It's why FA Cup Final day really was the showpiece of the season when I was growing up. When I played football on Sunday mornings on Braunstone Park as a kid, when I scored I wasn't getting the title decider in the last match of the season in my imagination. I wasn't scoring the winner in the European Cup final in Rome or Milan or Paris. I was belting one into the top corner at Wembley in May sunshine in the ****ing FA Cup Final in front of 100,000 & millions on the telly.
I wasn't a great player. I knew I never would be...but neither was Bobby Stokes,neither was Roger Osborne,neither was Ian Porterfield,neither was Dave Webb,neither was Alan Taylor,neither was Keith Houchen.But they all got to know that feeling for real & they've all been remembered for it. I ****ing love the cups & when I hear smart arsed ****s referring to "the **** All Cup" it makes my piss boil. Same goes for that dickhead Manure fan interviewed the year they didn't even bother to compete in it as they preferred to go to South America for the World Marketing Championships & flog some ****ing t-shirts. "well...it's Mickey Mouse isn't it, the FA Cup?" ****ing twat wasn't saying that a few years ago when it became the only thing they could win I'll bet.

My only hope is that the changes in technology & an impending financial crisis put paid to the next TV rights deal being even bigger & restore some sanity. Small hope but I cling to it.

& btw...I don't care if I sound like an old man wallowing in a bygone age. It WAS better. No question.

Apparently, that is four penalty shoot out defeats in a row. We're getting to England levels of ineptness.

When did we last win one anyone?

Apparently, that is four penalty shoot out defeats in a row. We're getting to England levels of ineptness.

Celtic in that pointless pre-season shit. In a competitive game, no idea.

I really hate football sometimes. Went from being annoyed at the poor start we made - with a reserve side that would have been more suited to a second round trip to Hereford - I was then frustrated that we didn't put our chances away when we started to play, to being really proud of how well we'd done, pure ecstasy when we Gray won the penalty, then heartbreak at the way we lost. Never mind vardy's miss, why is Mahrez still allowed to take those penalties?

On reflection I was impressed with the impact that Vardy, Mahrez and especially Gray had on the game.

Maguire was incredible throughout, and will be our most important player for years to come.

They played their youth team tonight and we should have taken full advantage. This was a genuine chance at another trip to Wembley.

That 128 minutes was a true reflection on how incredible football can make a person feel.

Bring on United.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic in that pointless pre-season shit. In a competitive game, no idea.

Checkatrade against Sheffield United last season.

Is the Checkatrade regarded as a first-class fixture? I reckon the last time it happened in a proper competitive game was against Arsenal in the 3rd round of the FA Cup in 2000. The previous week we had beaten Fulham in the same way in the League Cup. We'd also beat Leeds on pens in the same competition at the back end of 1999. Three times in the same season - Tim and Pegguy take a bow!

I just don't understand why he didn't play a stronger team as with all the changes Man City made they were there for the taking. What is more important - getting a result against Man Utd on Saturday or being one game away from Wembley. It was so frustrating not having Kasper in goal - Hamer was horrible in the penalty shoot out. Surely a keeper can play 2 games in 4 days - it is not asking a lot. I have no issues resting Wes and Simpson and I guess we had no optinos in midfield. Start with Kasper in goal and with Mahrez/Vardy from the start we could be looking at day out at Wembley.

Puel simply did not share the fans interest in reaching a cup final and European football. His selection showed he wasn't taking the game seriously. There is more money in finishing a place or so higher in the league. The game also suggests that Nacho is a complete waste of money - which we already suspected. Another Rudkin triumph and that Hamer is not following the right profession as a goalkeeper and that Chilwell is a decent footballer but can't defend very well. Otherwise another victory for cynicism(I in selection in football). By the way I hope we are going to get a lot of dosh for Slimani - who apparently can't be selected while awaiting a transfer.

What the **** did Hamer do wrong in the game?

Judging him on the shootout rather than his general play in the game is ridiculous.

Respectable performance all things considering.

Hamer's communication with the defence wasn't good (to be expected I suppose) but otherwise he did okay. He won't be threatening Kasper but wasn't bad.

I thought after the first half the team settled and looked decent, more determined in the tackle and more composed. Iheanacho was frustrating and I don't like his apparent attitude but even he grew into the game. Fuchs the only big disappointment.

That said I don't think any of the fringe players did enough to force their way into the team.

Disappointing really. Can understand giving players a chance but this was a quarter final, we're now only a few wins short of playing for **** all for the rest of the season.

Respectable performance all things considering.

Hamer's communication with the defence wasn't good (to be expected I suppose) but otherwise he did okay. He won't be threatening Kasper but wasn't bad.

I thought after the first half the team settled and looked decent, more determined in the tackle and more composed. Iheanacho was frustrating and I don't like his apparent attitude but even he grew into the game. Fuchs the only big disappointment.

That said I don't think any of the fringe players did enough to force their way into the team.
Looking at Iheanacho makes me think we definitely need another forward in January, there is no way I'd risk sticking him on in a premier league game

Disappointing really. Can understand giving players a chance but this was a quarter final, we're now only a few wins short of playing for **** all for the rest of the season.

Are you feckin' joking ?

There's eight or ninth place to fight for, tooth and nail, instead of tenth or eleventh. It could be the most exhilarating thing we've ever seen

Are you feckin' joking ?

There's eight or ninth place to fight for, tooth and nail, instead of tenth or eleventh. It could be the most exhilarating thing we've ever seen

Would certainly eclipse any trophy winning seasons ive experienced under Claudio or MON thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566